SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone have an 07-13 Silverado/Sierra 1500 with a 2” leveling kit and skid plate suggestions?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone have an 07-13 Silverado/Sierra 1500 with a 2” leveling kit and skid plate suggestions? Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
Buddy is looking for a slight level/lift for his 2010 Silverado. So he can hit the trails with me in the Expedition.

I think for ride quality and cost both coming into play that the following would be the best choice:
Front Fox 2.0 Coilovers set at 2”
Rear Fox 2.0 shocks with 1” lift block
33” x 11” tires

Anyone have pics of their truck leveled at 2”?

Also anyone have skid plate suggestions? I have RCIs on my Expedition but they don’t make Chevy plates.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25356 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
I used to sell this product. Larry the owner many times answers the phone. Give him a try.

https://suspensionmaxx.com/

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8066 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I bought an aluminum skid plate off eBay for our 2017 Silverado. The plastic plate got torn sideways when I scraped a rock in tall grass.

It went on easy, no issues.

Posts: 6132 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a 2018 1500 Z71 I'd like to know what the cheapest and easiest to install leveling kit would be. The disgraceful oem plastic skid plate pisses me off every time I see it. I would have been more than willing to spend a few dollars more on a metal one

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3505 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigspecops:
I have a 2018 1500 Z71 I'd like to know what the cheapest and easiest to install leveling kit would be. The disgraceful oem plastic skid plate pisses me off every time I see it. I would have been more than willing to spend a few dollars more on a metal one

Cheapest and easiest would be this.
https://www.americantrucks.com...-silverado-1500.html

All you get is a 2” level for the front. Fairly Quick and easy install.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/VZ3LAbbTTIQ

But you get nothing but a little front level. You won’t gain any articulation and your ride comfort will certainly be diminished.

————————————————

Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Custom offsets has a great gallery to look at options. https://www.customwheeloffset....t_from=33q&sort=date

The FOX kit sounds good, it’s what comes on the TRD PRO version of my truck. I was looking at a OME 3.5” kit. How do you like your RCI skids? I was looking at them for skids and sliders, but now am looking at Victory 4x4.

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
Custom offsets has a great gallery to look at options. https://www.customwheeloffset....t_from=33q&sort=date

The FOX kit sounds good, it’s what comes on the TRD PRO version of my truck. I was looking at a OME 3.5” kit. How do you like your RCI skids? I was looking at them for skids and sliders, but now am looking at Victory 4x4.

Did a bit more searching around and HALOlifts looks to be pretty solid and have great reviews. I confirmed with them that 275/70/18s would work at the 2" setting.
The Halos can go up to 3" if he wants more lift eventually where with the Fox 2.0s you are maxed out and have to step up to the 2.5s for 3" of lift.

As for the RCIs they are great. Nice solid 10 gauge steel and the powder coating was very well done.
I will be buying the Expedition engine skid plate to replace the factory one come April. They have a 20% off tax time sale. The factory transmission cover is more for aerodynamics than protection on the Expedition as it is felt like covered plastic so I had to dump it ASAP but the engine skid is metal so I have just been using the OEM engine skid for the time being.

If my wife settles on the Sequoia it will get RCI skid plates in April as well.

I took a peak at the Victory 4x4 you mentioned and they sure are proud of their stuff at the price they ask.

$738 for both engine and transfer case plates powder coated and shipped.

RCI is $550 plus shipping which cost $35 (for my location at least). Subtract 20% during their sale and the Victory's are almost $265 more. The Victory's are 3/16" steel which is a hair thicker than 10 gauge steel but I am not doing anything that is going to make a difference between the two.

————————————————

Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
My truck has a body lift to level it, not suspension. Not sure exactly what the kit is/was as it was done prior to me buying it. 2009 LTZ Crew.

Tires are 275/65/R20 Nitto Terra Grappler G2s

The day I bought it wearing 305/55/R20 Nittos.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10474 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Any rubbing issue? Those are about a 34x11.
Looks good.

————————————————

Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Thanks. No, no rubbing with the current tires or the 305/55/20s.

The narrower tires are a little taller, a little lighter, a little quieter, and don't sling as much up the side of the truck as the 305s.

Posts: 10474 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Wanted to make a slight correction as far as what tires will fit on a leveled truck.

My truck is leveled but it is also slightly lifted. Pretty sure it was a dealership lift.

The lift is 2" in the rear which means there are 4" spacers up front. (Couldn't get pics because it's raining and I didn't want to climb underneath.)

Stock truck:

My truck with rear spacers:

Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
How does it ride with that setup??
Spacers and Body lifts tend to be pretty jarring but most of them I have been in were on older trucks.

————————————————