SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Perseid Meteor Showers peak tonight
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Perseid Meteor Showers peak tonight Login/Join 
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted
https://www.space.com/41465-pe...r-2018-webcasts.html

New moon should make them appear brighter. I hope your skies are clear. Kinda cloudy in Louisville right now but I'm going to keep checking.

Posts: 4683 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
I’m going to try to get up to watch it.

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
Thank you! Wait, ...what... showers here Roll Eyes

Missed every one this year.

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 1991 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Overcast and smokey here Frown

Posts: 1474 | Location: Washington | Registered: August 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gambit
posted Hide Post
Total cloud cover for me in south Louisiana

Posts: 915 | Location: Acadiana | Registered: February 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
They really need to schedule that for a different time of year. We keep missing it due to weather.

Wink

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
I'd say optimal viewing over Central Montana last night! Sat outside and enjoyed them off and on until 0100. There were some dandies!

Generally we have forest fire smoke this time of the year, last year it was especially smoky. Clear and perfect viewing last night.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Smoke here killed the view Frown

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
was up at 215AM and was clouded out - horizon to horizon

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
I went out at midnight central and watched for an hour. I saw many small faint ones and 22 real good bright ones.

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pbramlett:
I went out at midnight central and watched for an hour. I saw many small faint ones and 22 real good bright ones.

So, stars fell on Alabama last night?

Posts: 1474 | Location: Washington | Registered: August 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
weather looks a bit better tonight - hazy but no major clouds...will hope to see a few

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had a great time watching for an hour and a half with my 9 year old son last night.

He absolutely loved it and hopefully will carry that memory the rest of his life. Wanted to do it again tonight, but we have wall to wall cloud cover. Hopefully in advanced of some much needed rain here in NW Missouri.

Posts: 169 | Location: Kearney, MO | Registered: October 18, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post