SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I attended an active shooter training today
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I attended an active shooter training today Login/Join 
Conductor in Residence
Picture of Maestro
posted
Our school district held an active shooter training today for administrators, and I was surprised at how wonderful it was. There was no discussion of guns or anything that would suggest that guns were responsible. Instead, the training focused on recognizing mental health issues, how to respond, how to formulate a comprehensive response plan, and how to cooperate with law enforcement as they arrive and address the threat. They shared a variety of best practices for dealing with these situations, and explained the tactical lessons that have been learned over the last 20 years that supports each practice.

In the EXTREMELY liberal education world in which I live, it was a breath of fresh air to see that the training was practical, meaningful, and truly addressed the cause of the shootings without blaming guns.

Of course, it helped that it was organized and run by primarily law enforcement. Smile

Posts: 3675 | Location: Tampa Bay, FL | Registered: July 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post