SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Wife Wants A Blender
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wife Wants A Blender Login/Join 
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
We bought a avocado green blender from 1960sumthin at an estate sale for like $5. Works excellent! Estate sales are great for picking some items that might interest you, but they are AMAZINGLYAWESOME for picking up a this-or-that household good that everybody has one or two of out there in the world. There's an estate sale or 10 every weekend. Check your paper or facebook. RecyCling!

Posts: 11387 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
For under $100, you're just not going to get a good blender.

I spent almost three months comparison shopping for our blender. Decided, like you, that I did it want a $500 Vitamix, but the next best thing was our $300 Breville Ikon (which actually outperforms the Vitamix in several categories anyway).

I highly recommend any model in the Breville Ikon series. You can get a Hemisphere starting at about $150, I think.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16270 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I won a Vita Mix several years ago and it is as good as people say. My daughter used it every day and tried to take it with her when she moved out. We bought her a Ninja bundle at Sams and she says it is better than the Vita Mix. She likes the mix and go containers for drinking her smoothie on the go.

Posts: 185 | Location: Deep Creek Lake, MD, Stuart, FL.  | Registered: December 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GA Gator:
Ninja kitchen system

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d...quXGbW0PL&ref=plSrch

This is the one I have and have no complaints. I use the food processor bowl a lot and it makes extremely smooth hummus, which is sorta my benchmark.
Be sure to look at the specs when buying a Ninja... this one is 1500 watts, but lesser bundles have less powerful motors.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Definitely try to step up to the Vitamix if there is any way at all to get one. I purchased a refurb and it has exceeded all expectations. The initial price is a bit hard to take but you will have a great blender for many years.

The “POLICE"
Their job Is To Save Your Ass,
Not Kiss It

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in any language - Clint Smith

Posts: 2890 | Location: See der Rabbits, Iowa | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Ninja, Amazon, $75.00. I have beaten one to death for three years, still going strong.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought one of ninjas after my kitchenaid died

Works well

Be careful cleaning it though. The finely serated blades will slice you deeply faster than you realize

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6226 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Another vote for the Ninja. We got my dad one for Father's Day a few years ago, still going strong.

Makes great frozen margaritas Wink

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15324 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Ninja is awesome and not uber pricey.
We got one of the better ones at around $200 or a little less with a ton of extras.
Very versatile and works flawlessly.
I mix pizza dough, chop/process foods, make smoothies and blend all kinds of other stuff.
Even came with a couple "smoothie" glasses, you make the smoothie, take off the blender apparatus and attach the lid ~ ready to go.
Cool

Posts: 22908 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
BlendTec may be a bit out the price range, but they do sell remanufactured blenders. Plus they have great YouTube videos. The whole "Will it blend" series is pretty funny.

I make smoothies and mixed drinks with mine and I love it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EH1yh_w5XO4

Posts: 71 | Location: NoVA | Registered: December 12, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Waste Kang!

Oh, wait...

Yeah, but you could make a yak smoothie with it.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31441 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
If you don’t mind used and no box, for the cost of shipping I will insta-karma you an upper end model Ninja.

Like new condition, used about three months until my wife decided she wanted the Vitamix, now it just sits in the pantry waiting for someone who needs a blender.

I can vouch for it’s impressive smoothie making skills as smoothies are kinda like Pina Coladas and Daquiries which it sucessfully passed function testing on.

*edit* It is model BL685. We got it at Target, seem to recall it was about $175 new, on sale from $240ish.

Similar to this, but labeled as 1500w:

https://www.target.com/p/ninja...-system/-/A-44363628

I am guessing about $35 to ship, and with the balance of your budget you could take her out to dinner or get her a more “traditional” gift.

Email in profile if interested.

Untitled by Wayne Wilson, on Flickr

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 911Boss,

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10940 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I just recently bought a ninja blender for my wife. It's awesome. We love it.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
Add me to the Ninja System list. We've had ours for a bit over 2 years now and are still very happy with it.

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3352 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E Plebmnista; Norcom, Forcom, Perfectumum.
Picture of OneWheelDrive
posted Hide Post
America's Test Kitchen has rated the Breville "The Hemisphere Control" #1 for the last two years and it's the one they use.

Will cost you about twice what you're looking to spend.

================================================
Ultron: "You're unbearably naive."
Vision: "Well, I was born yesterday."

Posts: 4788 | Location: St. Louis, Mo | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Ninja, good heavy duty motor, multiple finger removing super sharp rotating blades, tight fitting parts so no leaks, easy to clean.

Posts: 23454 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig Sauer Kraut
posted Hide Post
Blendtech or vitamix are the nest options.

Blendtech is louder. If I had to do it over again, I’d be tempted to go with vitamix instead. It is nice that the blendtech doesn’t need a plunger to push down what you’re blending.

Our blendtech was remanufactired and still their customer service is great. Our jar had an issue after four years and they sent us a brand new one for free without making me jump through hoops or complain.

Posts: 691 | Registered: January 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Take 911Boss up on his generous offer and use it while you save for a Vitamix.

We went through 2 Ninjas in 3 years. Then got a Vitamix 5 years ago and the thing is still a tank.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25422 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Go with a blendtec or vitamin and you won't regret it.
I've burned through several of the major brands including cuisine art, GE, black & decker and tried a ninja but it didn't work well wit greens.

Posts: 2753 | Registered: March 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
We have the Blendtec ES3, about $260 on Amazon. It a great mid tier blender used mostly to make protein shakes, etc... I like mine thick and it will make almost soft serve ice cream texture without jamming up. My kitchen aid before this one wasn't in the same class.

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post