SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Things to do in Sydney Australia?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Things to do in Sydney Australia? Login/Join 
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted
In a few weeks I will be visiting Sydney Australia. Do any of our fine members here have any recommendations on places to go or things to see while I am in the city?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21101 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
Bridge Climb. A show at the Opera House. Walk down through The Rocks neighborhood. Bondi Beach.

Posts: 3660 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What a coincidence this was recently made available. Conde Nast Traveler Planning a Trip to Sydney

Haven't been in over 20-years, things have certainly changed since then. My sister went 10-years ago, Bondi Beach and The Rocks I remember..along with a case of wine she brought back Wink

Probably take some notes and check-out some of the places he eats at.

Posts: 14649 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Cockatoos!

Pictures of cockatoos!

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34112 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31432 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Bring lots of money, it's very expensive there.

Posts: 33787 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I visited Sydney, Australia in 2017 as part of an organized tour. Lots of things to see there and in the surrounding area: https://www.flickr.com/photos/...s/72157680849246270/.

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
The Sheila's

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
Definitely don't try to smuggle 2 lbs of blow into Sydney in your shoes

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2...s-officials-say.html

Posts: 5760 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Blue mountains

Posts: 13808 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Citadel
posted Hide Post
Go the the Rocks and hit the Pancake House.

Posts: 823 | Registered: February 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
Play deadly spider bingo!

Actually, I lived there about 37 years ago. The harbor cruises are pretty cool, and there used to be a wild animal safari park just outside Sydney where you could check out the Koala's and Kangaroo's. I don't know if it's still there or not.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4930 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Witticism pending...
Picture of KBobAries
posted Hide Post
Second the rocks and opera house. Wasn't able to see a show but I enjoyed the tour immensely.

I'm not as illiterate as my typos would suggest.

Posts: 3529 | Location: Big city, SW state, alleged republic | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4x5:
Actually, I lived there about 37 years ago. The harbor cruises are pretty cool, and there used to be a wild animal safari park just outside Sydney where you could check out the Koala's and Kangaroo's. I don't know if it's still there or not.
If you mean the Featherdale Wildlife Park, it was still there in Feb 2017: https://www.flickr.com/photos/...s/72157679344201444/.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
Hey Stick,

I live in Melbourne these days.

That's a short trip to Sydney, to meet n greet and a bit of tour guide for you, would be in order.

So much to do - a fast ferry to Manly; koalas, kangas and cockies. Beer mate. Crocodile ribs and kanga steaks.

Or beaches, beer and boobs if you want to simplify things. Oh and bikes, We have some interesting bikes.

Exchange rate is good right now USD$0.72 = AUD$1.
Don't tip. Don't expect the check to come to you, go to the cashier.

Email sent.

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
Remember that of the world's ten most venemous creatures, ALL TEN live in Australia. Quite why a fluffy pinkish spider whould hold enough venom to kill a horse is not clear, but I put it down to an overabundance of risk assessment by good ol' Mother Nature, given that until the white man arrived there were no horses in Australia.

tac

Posts: 11320 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tacfoley:
Remember that of the world's ten most venemous creatures, ALL TEN live in Australia.
tac

This will likely upset sticks more than tacfoley ...

Of the top 25 venomous snakes in the world, 5 of them are NOT in Australia.

[Source:] 20 out of 25

But wait ... Aussie scientists have just classified a new snake in Australia as venomous. Smile

New species of venomous snake

Don't worry sticks, I'll show you how to completely ignore these pesky buggers.

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Flyboyrv6
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bobtheelf:
Bridge Climb. A show at the Opera House. Walk down through The Rocks neighborhood. Bondi Beach.

Two thumbs up for all of bobtheelf’s suggestions. One suggestion... do not fly 20 hours to Sydney and go to the opera the night you arrive... (fell asleep in the middle of the opera). Smile

Posts: 828 | Registered: January 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Hey cjevans, I’ll be flying to Melbourne for a few days after Sydney. Cool I thought about renting a bike to go from Sydney to Melbourne with my wife but #1 she hates motos and #2 it looked like a long ride. It looked like a neat ride along the coastline but I couldn’t sell the wife on that plan unfortunately.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21101 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
My boy Milo is going to be in Australia too and I’m going to miss his show by only 3 weeks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~