SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I just made this on my CNC Reloaders step inside. UPDATE
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I just made this on my CNC Reloaders step inside. UPDATE Login/Join 
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted
After looking into a patent, and talking to others who have been thru it, I have decided that getting a patent just isn't worth it, the cost of about 30k and having to fight someone in court just doesn't make much sense. I do plan on selling them if I get enough interest, and I'm looking at all cost of producing them at this time, I really want to make this a plug and play set up and I'm trying to keep the cost under 300 dollars.

I just bought this 1050 for .223 and to get a feeder set up on it. The 1050 is an incredible machine wish I would have bought it years ago.

Thanks for watching and the comments.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: XLT,

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
That's very cool!

Posts: 45331 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
That'll sell....

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
Super cool, wish I could do something like that! Is it for a 550 or 650?

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3636 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David W:
Super cool, wish I could do something like that! Is it for a 550 or 650?

it goes on a 650 but could easily fit others.

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
Very nicely done.

Posts: 5298 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
Pretty neat!
How does it flip the bullets right side up? Why won't they settle point down?

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3771 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Very cool!

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
That is an absolutely brilliant design. Obviously a lot of hard work. Great job!

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
Call a patent attorney ASAP. Get a patent on that and sell it Dillon with a small royalty.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Very cool.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
That looks a LOT cheaper than what most manufacturing plants would use to do the same thing, which would be a vibratory bowl feeder.

I'd look into a patent as well.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6192 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
Call a patent attorney ASAP. Get a patent on that and sell it Dillon with a small large royalty.

FIFY

Posts: 11305 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KMitch200:
Pretty neat!

saw the video before he took it down, and I was wondering the same thing

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11246 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
found it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hd_U9HolRxU

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
quote:
Originally posted by KMitch200:
Pretty neat!

saw the video before he took it down, and I was wondering the same thing

Looks to me that when the bullet is sitting pointy side down, it can fallout via the channel that's cut into the rotating plate since its not stable. If the bullet is right side up, the flat base allows it to stay put.

Posts: 727 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: May 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
Yes, take it down. I saw it earlier, very slick.

Posts: 1540 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Well I missed seeing it and now my interest is perked so I will wait for an update.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8657 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
found it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hd_U9HolRxU
That link took me to an ad for the food locker.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
I was lucky enough to see the vid prior to removal. Gotta say, I'm impressed.

Curious about if it works with all calibers? Or would a different plate thingamajiggy be required?
Also, are different projectile profiles more problematic, like a SWC versus an FMJ?

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post