SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Are you guys game for some more riddle? For a G19 RTF2 or a P228? *** Answers / Explanations / Winners (p. 26 and in OP) ***
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 27
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are you guys game for some more riddle? For a G19 RTF2 or a P228? *** Answers / Explanations / Winners (p. 26 and in OP) *** Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted
Big Grin
This brain teaser is open to all active SIGforum members.
Wherever your journey may lead, you will not reach your destination except through me.
The more you work at it, the closer you get.
Many have gone through, but the rest have yet to succeed.
But sadly, some will fail completely along the way.

Ok, so what on earth am I rambling about? Explain the riddle.

Of the six previous riddle challenges, you guys only failed once. So, your'e batting a super .833. Let's see if you can crack this one. Razz
* Clues *: THESE THREE THREADS are somehow connected. If you can see the connection, you should be able to solve the riddle. Big Grin

* Clues *:
- All the posters in the second link above have something in common.
- The third link (to PROTO-1 Auction) is epic for a couple of reasons. Pick the right one.
-

* Clues *:
- Not counting the subsequent explanations, the actual answer consists of 2 parts, one of which is literally staring you in the face.
- And, this riddle is not about any physical/material things.

* Last clues (before game ends) *:
- We're all in this together, from the NOOBs all the way to the BOSS.
- Every time we open/log on SIGforum, certain things are sure to happen, but only one counts (for the purpose of this riddle).

* But wait, there's more last clue *: Razz
Seriously, this is the real last clue, because it's about as close as giving it away.

- The 2 specific parts of the answer are already posted by several people. Somebody just needs to put two and two together, and everything will fall into place. Wink

Good luck! Smile

RULES:
- Can consult anything and anyone you wish to.
- Can make as many attempts as you want to.
- Game ends on 12/1/19, and winner will be announced. If more than one person came up with the right answer, then a random drawing will determine the winner. The 1st person with the correct answer is the winner. If no correct answer, I will determine who has the closest to the correct answer to be the winner.
- Oh, have email listed in your Profile.

PRIZE: Choice of a G19 RTF2 or a P228 from my collection. [Pics added]

First, thank you, Para, for this great forum.
Thank you everyone who participated in this thread, especially Mr. Baker, who cranked out answers like a machine gun spitting out bullets. I had trouble keeping up with him. Lol. I’ve enjoyed every single post in the thread. Now, down to the business of the riddle.

** ANSWER **: This riddle is about your post counts and my forum handle (12131). Two completely unrelated numbers by themselves, but, for the purpose of this brain teaser, they are very connected.

** EXPLANATIONS **:
-Wherever your journey (your posting) may lead, you (your post counts) will not reach your destination except through me (12131).
-The more you work at it, the closer you get. As long as you’re active member, you will post (even you lurkers will post), and your post count will increase and get closer to 12131. And, no matter how long it takes you, it will eventually have to go through 12131. You (your post count) simply cannot bypass it. It must go through.

-Many have gone through (an example is 6guns in the 1st link, with his post count way passed 12131), but the rest have yet to succeed (an example is all the posters in the 2nd link, with all the post counts less than 12131. That was the thing that they had in common).

-But sadly, some will fail completely along the way (example is gablesdad in the PROTO-1 thread. Boss lowered the ban hammer on him, so his post count will never reach 12131).

-Every time we open/log on, we either read and/or post, and that is certain. And, when we post, our post count increases. Again, its relationship with 12131.

** SO, WHO WON? **
No one correctly got the 2-part answer. There are a few folks who got either the “post counts” or the “12131” as their actual answer, but they just couldn’t make the connection. They are:

Nismo (p. 14) -
radioman (p. 14) – 12131, Oriental Redneck
Drabfour (p. 15) – Post counts
H&K-Guy (p. 16) – SIGforum post counts
BigJoe (p. 20) – What is “12131”

lbaker45 (p. 11) – “What the posters have in common, they all are registered members in good standing with the date they registered. All have post counts, some low and some high.
On p. 23, Mr. Baker also wrote “12131’s Emotions”. Although 12131 was there, it was there simply as a possessive noun, as the answer really was “Emotions”. But, I’ll give him partial credit for “12131”. He had both “post counts” and “12131” but did not see the connection, obviously.

Trapper189 (p. 24) – “The only thing staring me in the face is 12131's avatar with his screen name and CUT, so I don't think it's a stretch to believe 12131 is one of the two parts of the answer.

By logging in two things happen.

1. We gain the ability to post…

Although he simply tried to help someone piece the thing together, this gentleman, in a single post, actually came closest, imo, to giving out the complete and correct answer.
Had he realized that posting results in post count increase, he could have pieced that together with “12131”.

So, based on the above, I picked *** Trapper189 *** as the big winner of this riddle, and *** lbaker45 *** as second winner.
Congratulations to both! Trapper will have first pick, and Baker has second. I’ll get in touch with you both later. Let me tell you a little bit more about each gun before Trapper makes his pick. I’m original owner of both.

- The G19 RTF2 is unfired and NIB. I put in the Glockmeister’s complete stock 3.5 trigger package and the grip plug. Comes with 2x 15-rounders and whatever that came from factory originally.

- The P228 is a FrankenSIG that I put together from a new factory non-rail P229 Classic Carry frame and a new factory nickel plated P228 slide that SIG built for me. It has the SRT system. And, the new barrel was DLC’ed by factory. Comes with 2x 15-rd factory mags (SIG branded, Mec-Gar made). I put 150 problem-free rounds through this gun.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 12131,

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Success.

You won't get to your destination unless you succeed in getting there.
The harder you work, the closer to success you get.
Many have gone through success, but the rest have yet to.
Some will fail along the way, and therefore won't succeed.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Journey to heaven through Jesus Christ.

Wherever your journey may lead, you will not reach your destination except through me.
Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.

This second line stumps me a bit.

For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.

This second line closely aligns with others seeing your faith by your works.

But someone will say, “You have faith and I have works.” Show me your faith apart from your works, and I will show you my faith by my works.

But we do not want you to be uninformed, brothers, about those who are asleep, that you may not grieve as others do who have no hope. For since we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so, through Jesus, God will bring with him those who have fallen asleep. For this we declare to you by a word from the Lord, that we who are alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep. For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord. ...

“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kimber1911,

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Change.

You won't get to your destination unless something changes.
The more you work at something, the more changes you experience, or the more noticeable the change becomes.
Many have successfully changed, but others are still working on it and haven't gotten there yet.
Some will try to change but ultimately fail.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Big Grin
This brain teaser is open to all active SIGforum members.

Ok, so what on earth am I rambling about? Explain the riddle.

Death?

Seems to work for all but the last line.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15314 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
Redemption?
I love your riddles.

Posts: 3454 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark60:
Redemption? Faith?
I love your riddles.

Posts: 3454 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
The Crucible

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
quote:

Living?
You can't reach your final destination without living first.
The more you work at "living" the more you "live"
Some have lived a full life but others have yet to.
Some never will truly "live"

Picture of caneau
posted Hide Post
A door?
A map?
The truth?

Posts: 5326 | Location: The Virginia side of DC | Registered: February 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Through your mother.

Posts: 227 | Location: Southern, PA | Registered: July 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
Hard work.

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
True salvation and everlasting life in heaven through our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In Vino Veritas
Picture of Jaycat
posted Hide Post
Salivation

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun!!!

Posts: 1039 | Location: Clarksville TN | Registered: November 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Vagina.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
Hard work.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
Persistence...or perhaps commitment.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
This would be way too easy, but Jesus Crist.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20820 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
Living

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 2268 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Love and understanding

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post