SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Hubble 28th anniversary image
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hubble 28th anniversary image Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted
Spectacular image:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/a...n-nebula-photos.html

More generally, google “Hubble anniversary images”. Can hardly wait for the James Webb Space Telescope, scheduled for launch in 2020.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8934 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
"This year, the star of the anniversary show is the Lagoon Nebula, a colossal hub of star birth that's 55 light-years wide and 20 light-years tall"

Once again, I am humbled by the beauty of the universe and the sheer immensity of distances involved.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15559 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
thanks for posting

hard to even atempt to comprehend the vastness of the universe

Posts: 19564 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
"This year, the star of the anniversary show is the Lagoon Nebula, a colossal hub of star birth that's 55 light-years wide and 20 light-years tall"

Once again, I am humbled by the beauty of the universe and the sheer immensity of distances involved.

Right on. Simply amazing.

Posts: 1769 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I remember when Hubble went up. I can't believe it was so long ago. The universe is just so amazing. I can't wait until the next telescope goes up. Very exciting.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post