SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What Games for the Nintendo Switch?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What Games for the Nintendo Switch? Login/Join 
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted
So I bought a Nintendo Switch three years ago to play with my nephew and happened upon a few so far.

The games we have played are:

• Zelda, Links Awakening - played it decades ago. Remade well.
  • Zelda, Breath of the Wild - What the Switch was made for.
  • Untitled Goose Game - Can't be a normal goose. Must be an asshole goose.
  • Island Flight Simulator - Landing is hard. Crashing is easy. Where did that barn come from?
  • Namco Museum - No Ms. PacMan? WTF? Boo!
  • Goat Simulator - Killing hours with this one all the time. Goats in space...
  • Call of Cthulhu - Good enough to play it again and again. Not for the kiddos.
  • Super Robot Wars V - Wished I'd found this one sooner.

Racing or sports games aren't what we are in to. Mario is no where to be found. Strategy is tops on the list. Given that, and a bit of mindless entertainment found its way.

For those who are inclined to play such a thing, what other gems are out there that aren't major releases that are good for hours?

•  
    Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Purveyor of
    Fine Avatars
    Picture of Orguss
    posted Hide Post
    Clubhouse Games - A compilation of board games:
    https://www.nintendo.com/games...ide-classics-switch/

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    My other Sig
    is a Steyr.
    Picture of .38supersig
    posted Hide Post
    Looks promising. I'll have to get that one. Thanks.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    There are Targets and a few game shops near me that have some of the Mario games. Amazon too, just not all of them at the same time. Better now than a few months ago.

Posts: 1071 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    semi-reformed sailor
    Picture of MikeinNC
    posted Hide Post
    My 11yo has a buncha Mario games, but now all his friends play on fortnight together....or roblox....roblox has a lot of different games on it and they can play from pc also...

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11246 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    thin skin can't win
    Picture of Georgeair
    posted Hide Post
    If only I could find the actual Switch! I didn’t even realize these were such a hot item, until the lockdown when we were looking for one as a gift for our daughter.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12348 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Raptorman
    Picture of Mars_Attacks
    posted Hide Post
    We still use our Wii for Tiger Woods Golf 10 all the time.

The Wii had been a favorite in the household for 13 years now.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
    Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34081 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    eh-TEE-oh-clez
    Picture of Aeteocles
    posted Hide Post
    Overcooked 2.

2 player good. 4 player better. Hilarity will ensue, relationships strained, and lives changed.

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    At Jacob's Well
    Picture of jaaron11
    posted Hide Post
    I know you said Mario was not on your list, but Super Mario Odyssey is one of the best games around. My son has a Switch and darn if I don't sneak down and play that game after he goes to bed.

Best Switch games of all time

J

Rak Chazak Amats

Posts: 5281 | Location: SW Missouri | Registered: May 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    My other Sig
    is a Steyr.
    Picture of .38supersig
    posted Hide Post
    Good stuff!

I'll look in to all of these..

I was able to find Bayonetta (2 plus 1) for about six bucks today. Still in the wrapper. My nephew is about the age where he could be into this kind of thing, but that is not my call to make.

One thing that I wound up doing was swapping the case with a clear one. Had to take the thing to bits and put it back in the new pieces. Stuck a NERV decal inside while it was apart. Looks like no other.

Family Man
    posted Hide Post
    We really like Stardew Valley. It's an independent game with a slower pace of play.

Posts: 987 | Registered: December 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post