SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    WORX Pegasus Folding Table?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WORX Pegasus Folding Table? Login/Join 
posted
Anyone own and use one?
Trying to find a replacement for a Black & Decker Workmate.
Reviews of the new B&D Workmates pretty much say they are now crap!
But the WORX Pegasus looks pretty good.
Any suggestions, comments, advice?

Posts: 603 | Registered: December 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
No but it looks decent.
FWIW, you might have a better pool of reviews on Amazon (500+) and Lowes (800+).

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified Plane Pusher
Picture of Phantom229
posted Hide Post
Yes, I got one last Christmas and love it! I added a power strip to the bottom and look for projects where I can use it.

Situation awareness is defined as a continuous extraction of environmental information, integration of this information with previous knowledge to form a coherent mental picture in directing further perception and anticipating future events. Simply put, situational awareness mean knowing what is going on around you.

Posts: 7895 | Location: Around Lake Tapps, Wa | Registered: September 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Take a look at this one:

Keter folding workbench.

It's got a larger work surface, has a second surface for resting tools, goes up and down very easily and is rock-solid stable. I have two.

Posts: 18017 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
Take a look at this one:

Keter folding workbench.

It's got a larger work surface, has a second surface for resting tools, goes up and down very easily and is rock-solid stable. I have two.

Available at SAMS club for $59 and I think I saw that it is going on sale at either SAMS or Costco but I don't recall for sure.

Posts: 1994 | Location: DFW Texas | Registered: March 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Take a look at this one:

Keter folding workbench.

Yeah, but, if you read the reviews, there are several complaints about low-quality plastic being used where either higher-quality plastic or metal should be, resulting in breakage.

I'd be inclined to stick with the WORX Pegasus. Appears to be better-built.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I picked up the kreg table. A little pricey but I love it. FWIW

Posts: 380 | Location: masshole | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by davea:
I picked up the kreg table. A little pricey but I love it. FWIW

Kreg seems to be offering many quality products. I got one of their little router tables and it's magnitudes better than competing ones.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
I've got a KREG, really stable and overbuilt. Compared to the current B&D...NO comparison.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought one of these from home depot and can set it up in a minute. Holds 1500 pounds and the legs store under the table top when not in use.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Hu...nch-225047/205887786

Posts: 12580 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've had one for over a year. It doesn't get heavy use but I love mine. I use it for many things. It will hold a lot of weight. I put my table saw, compound sliding miter, etc on it. I paid $99 for it and it was worth it to me.

Edit. I should have said Worx Pegasus instead of "one"

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Shallowenuf,

Posts: 30 | Registered: October 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
Kreg seems to be offering many quality products. I got one of their little router tables and it's magnitudes better than competing ones.

magnitudes better

Not sure what you are trying to say.

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.

Posts: 4127 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by straightshooter01:
quote:
Take a look at this one:

Keter folding workbench.

Available at SAMS club for $59 and I think I saw that it is going on sale at either SAMS or Costco but I don't recall for sure.

Turns out it is going on sale for $39 at SAMS for one day only Dec 15.

Posts: 1994 | Location: DFW Texas | Registered: March 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gjgalligan:
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:

magnitudes better

Not sure what you are trying to say.

I don't remember what else I looked at when I was looking for a small router table, I do remember the Bosch specifically didn't compare to what the Kreg offered. There were other tables, maybe Skil IIRC, and they were junk.

I guess what I'm saying is Kreg is better than the competition. Maybe a bit pricier, worth it.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
The WORX Pegasus is on sale for $98 bucks and change at Menard's. It looks to be a good, stable, table, but I'm not sure it is worth that with so many other lesser priced options. Just sayin' yo'.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post