SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Obamacare Replacement by GOP
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 55
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Obamacare Replacement by GOP Login/Join 
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
I think it is time for a new Speaker.

Who would that be?

Mark Meadows is the Chair of the 'Freedom Caucus' that consists of 29 members in the House.

<This is not being argumentative or sarcastic, I'm genuinely curious who is out there who could lead a MAJORITY of House republicans to pass legislation that could then pass the Senate>

Maybe it won't be a Titan but a more lowly member who will see how to meld the voices. They did make some progress in listening to one another toward the end of this matter.

It may have been a start to finding some who were willing to have frank but open discussions.

It was interesting that there was an agreement to change from Obamacare but this thing got tripped up in simply compromising on OR finding a policy to achieving a shared goal.

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Awaits his CUT
of choice
posted Hide Post
Didn't Ryan insist on a "you can't remove me as speaker" clause when he agreed to take the position?

Posts: 2715 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by daikyu:
Didn't Ryan insist on a "you can't remove me as speaker" clause when he agreed to take the position?

If members lose confidence, it's hard to lead if too few follow.

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by medic451:
From Mark Levin:
"RYANCARE" = "RINOCARE (Repeal In Name Only)"

LOVE IT!

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Awaits his CUT
of choice
posted Hide Post
I agree but he would have to voluntarily step aside and I don't see that happening anytime soon.

quote:
Originally posted by Tubetone:
quote:

If members lose confidence, it's hard to lead if too few follow.

Posts: 2715 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yes but that is a paper tiger...

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
quote:
Who would that be?

Don't have a good answer. For a leadership position like this, it is frequently difficult to predict whether an individual will be successful. But you know when you have a good one or a bad one currently serving.

Although the Speaker has historically always been an elected member of the House, the Speaker can be anyone.

Posts: 19565 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Don't have a good answer. For a leadership position like this, it is frequently difficult to predict whether an individual will be successful. But you know when you have a good one or a bad one currently serving.

That's the rub - for that position you have to have someone with the respect of the whole caucus and I don't think that person exists. The republicans have withdrawn into camps and can't/won't work together.

While I would love to see a torrent of conservative legislation flowing from the House, the reality is it won't go anywhere in the Senate with only a 2 seat majority that contains 5-10 RINOs that have to be placated and a solid block of united democrats who never split their vote.

It's a sticky wicket for sure.

A couple of tweets to lighten the mood:

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
When Paul Ryan loses, America wins.

Today is a good day.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nojoy
posted Hide Post
Today is not a good day. Will there still be this fight over tax reform? Immigration reform? The Wall? I want to see the damn thing built without Republicans getting in each other's way. We already know the Democrats will vote no on everything. That's a given.

Posts: 1292 | Location: Marysville, WA 98271 | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nojoy:
Today is not a good day. Will there still be this fight over tax reform? Immigration reform? The Wall? I want to see the damn thing built without Republicans getting in each other's way. We already know the Democrats will vote no on everything. That's a given.

as far as the dems are concerned this is a republican loss and it will embolden their disruptive activities. It is amazing how the republicans have control and they can't even repeal the ACA. Why are they so afraid to fire up the senates nuclear option. The democrats used it against us for nearly three years... and pay back is a bitch.

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gw3971:
Why are they so afraid to fire up the senates nuclear option. The democrats used it against us for nearly three years... and pay back is a bitch.

The 'nuclear option' was only implemented to eliminate filibusters on executive branch nominations and federal judicial appointments other than the Supreme Court.

The nuclear option is not an option on regular legislation, which is still subject to filibuster rules.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Pelosi went out to meet with supporters and did what they are calling a 'victory jump'. Yeah, looks like she can dunk with that vertical!

- John Adams

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
And now, a brief word from the President

Posts: 107507 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lee40215
posted Hide Post
I would like to see Obamacare repealed but they actually need a good replacement plan not push thru a rushed very little improved plan.

Posts: 1097 | Location: Louisville, Kentucky | Registered: August 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately we didn't repeal Obamacare now we co-own it. Midterms will be interesting.

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by midwest guy:
Unfortunately we didn't repeal Obamacare now we co-own it. Midterms will be interesting.

Hot potato, hot potato. Hopefully it in the dems hand at the end.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
morons

seven years of Obamacare and this is the best they could do when the chips were down...

well, its still Obamacare - let it crash and burn and I hope it takes a shitload of them down with it

they had their chance and they fucked it up

next....

Amen!

^^^^^Double Amen!

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:

Logic fail here.

Even if a doctor can't cure the infection, he is not to be confused with the person who infected you. Wink

Posts: 15025 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joel9507:
quote:

Logic fail here.

Even if a doctor can't cure the infection, he is not to be confused with the person who infected you. Wink

^^^^^Absolute truth, joel.

The fact is that the Democrats, and only the Democrats, OWN ObamaCare. If the GOPe effort that failed today had been successful, then the Republicans would own it.

But the RINOCare effort failed. So the Republicans do NOT own it.

ObamaCare is entirely owned by the Democrat Party and nobody else.

May it stay that way forever.

The ONLY SOLUTION to ObamaCare is to repeal it, eliminate it, make it nothing but a bad memory. Anything short of that is not acceptable.

Edit to add:

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SapperSteel,

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post