SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The problem with collecting motorcycles verses guns
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The problem with collecting motorcycles verses guns Login/Join 
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
I sold my 1970 BSA 441 Victor Special 4 years ago and just for fun decided to see how long it would take for my wife to notice. She hasn't yet.

Posts: 7450 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:

It impresses me when someone mentions their motorcycle room. Smile

Jim

Well there was some to do over which of us was going have that room because she wanted it to practice tap dancing! Eek I was able to convince her that she could do that in the basement but I couldn't get my motorcycles down there so I got the room. Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
Ridewv, brilliant! To the untrained eye those two BMWs look the same.

Indeed. Hit or miss though it didn't work going from a red Honda 919 to the red Yamaha FJ-09, she picked that change up right away.

quote:
Originally posted by WildSig:

I'm not even married and I don't have a motorcycle room. Impressive. Big Grin

You'll have one one day if you really want one like I did. I was fortunate that our last three houses incorporated an inside MC room.

That's a heck of a collection of British motorcycles you have aileron! 7 old Triumphs and a BSA, and 4 modern Triumphs. How'd the old Bultaco get in there? Smile

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
......"motorcycle room".......
motorcycle room!!! 

....there's something so.....right.....about using those words together.....

Posts: 9853 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
during that time I only bought red motorcycles. She would have instantly noticed a new color, but quantity was a bit elusive.

This worked for a friend of mine, as he picked up one that was the same color as mine. "Oh, that's vthoky's motorcycle," he said. Not a word further was uttered. Cool

quote:
Originally posted by cjevans:
"No, honey, I had this one repainted. Wanna go for a ride?"

Pfft. Mrs said, "you look sexy as hell on that motorcycle, but I worry about you terribly. I'd like to go ride with you once, and then you can sell it." I said, "You, ma'am, will never get that ride." Razz

God bless America.

Posts: 13486 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pbslinger:
I sold my 1970 BSA 441 Victor Special 4 years ago and just for fun decided to see how long it would take for my wife to notice. She hasn't yet.

So what leaks oil in it's place? Wink

I've owned a 1966 BSA Hornet, a 1967 BSA Lightning, a 1966 BSA Spitfire and a 1967 Triumph Bonneville, I know all about oil leaks........not to forget my 82 Harley also.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8099 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ridewv:

She was in the motorcycle room.

Eek

Nice!

Posts: 10052 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
When I see a thread like this I have to offer up a prayer of thanks for my wife, who fully supports both my gun and motorcycle habits.

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
I guess it would be difficult to hide one under the bed or in the sock drawer.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
Guitars and the boxes they come in are very hard to hide too.

Some time back, I worked at a music store and sold guitars and equipment. Had a fella in maybe his sixties stop in and absolutely got his socks knocked off by this one guitar we had on the wall. It was red. He asked us to order one in sunburst. I really wanted to sell him the one we had, but he finally leveled me with "son, I see you aren't wearing a wedding ring. Let me educate you. I buy sunburst guitars. I buy them because I could walk in the the house with anything from a mandolin to a double bass, and as long as it was sunburst, she might only look at it funny for a second before realizing she doesn't care why it looks funny. Now if I walk into the house with that red guitar screaming 'look at me!', then the spell is broken and my life gets uncomfortable. I like swapping guitars because I can only own so many. Now, do you like ordering them?"

I simply said "yessir." And learned.

Posts: 17112 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
Funny. For many years I stored bikes in a garage attached to my house so my wife could periodically look at them. We've moved since and they are in a separate building so this doesn't matter any longer. But during that time I only bought red motorcycles. She would have instantly noticed a new color, but quantity was a bit elusive.

I met a guy who was riding a Ducati and we got talking cars and bikes. He had a separate building for his bikes, which he kept covered. He said his wife could count the bikes but never knew what was under the cover. My wife got a good laugh!

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3397 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
Guitars and the boxes they come in are very hard to hide too.

Some time back, I worked at a music store and sold guitars and equipment. Had a fella in maybe his sixties stop in and absolutely got his socks knocked off by this one guitar we had on the wall. It was red. He asked us to order one in sunburst. I really wanted to sell him the one we had, but he finally leveled me with "son, I see you aren't wearing a wedding ring. Let me educate you. I buy sunburst guitars. I buy them because I could walk in the the house with anything from a mandolin to a double bass, and as long as it was sunburst, she might only look at it funny for a second before realizing she doesn't care why it looks funny. Now if I walk into the house with that red guitar screaming 'look at me!', then the spell is broken and my life gets uncomfortable. I like swapping guitars because I can only own so many. Now, do you like ordering them?"

I simply said "yessir." And learned.

Smart guy !

Posts: 17880 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
There is a reason my last two guitar purchases (Fender Mustang Special & Duo Sonic) have been blue and somewhat similar looking. Wink Big Grin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21099 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just get a barbeque cover for it that goes all of the way to the floor, she won't touch it....LOLOL

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post