SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Michigan Operation Haircut = $1,000 tickets by MSP
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Michigan Operation Haircut = $1,000 tickets by MSP Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Presidential pardons only apply to federal crimes, not state or local. That's why New York state was going after TRump's tax records. Any prosecution could not have been pardoned at the federal level, only Cuomo would have that power.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pyker:
In other news, think you could do something about your avatar Ivan? It's this big before the forum software grabs it. Not close to 60x60 at all, in fact it's 1,437px × 1,330px:

Yikes!

Ivan, here's a scaled version for you:

The aspect ratio isn't original. It would've ended-up either 60x65 or 56x60. I didn't want to crop the height, so I unlinked the WxH and scaled the two axis' independently to arrive at 60x60.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
has a low threshold
for bullshit
Picture of Ivan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by Pyker:
In other news, think you could do something about your avatar Ivan? It's this big before the forum software grabs it. Not close to 60x60 at all, in fact it's 1,437px × 1,330px:

Yikes!

Ivan, here's a scaled version for you:

The aspect ratio isn't original. It would've ended-up either 60x65 or 56x60. I didn't want to crop the height, so I unlinked the WxH and scaled the two axis' independently to arrive at 60x60.

Thank you. I didn't realize it was a mess. Appreciate the backstop!

Posts: 1687 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Someone needs to set up a haircut operation in a portable house trailer, 50 yards across the MI line.

Posts: 6132 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ivan:
Thank you. I didn't realize it was a mess. Appreciate the backstop!

You're welcome Smile

In other news:

quote:

Judge denies preliminary injunction against Owosso barber, allowing him to stay open
By ABC12 News Team | Posted: Thu 12:29 PM, May 21, 2020 | Updated: Thu 3:27 PM, May 21, 2020

The Michigan Attorney General's Office sought a temporary injunction, which would have forced Manke to close immediately while legal action against him continues in court.

He reopened his barbershop on May 4 in violation of Michigan's "Stay Home, Stay Safe" order.

Owosso Police Department issued a warning and two citations to Manke for violating the order before the Attorney General's Office sought a temporary restraining order, which the judge denied.

The Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs has suspended Manke's professional license.

The judge on Thursday denied the attorney general's request for a temporary injunction because he believes state regulators can't prove Manke is creating an imminent health violation.

Full article: Judge denies preliminary injunction against Owosso barber, allowing him to stay open

Somebody give that Judge a cigar!

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
Babylon Bee

Michigan Governor: 'Revolting Against A Tyrannical Government Is Simply Un-American'

DETROIT, MI—On Meet the Press Sunday, Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer reminded everyone that "revolutions and revolts are simply un-American."

Whitmer called on the protesters in her state to stop their illegal assembling, reminding them that protesting so-called tyranny is a foreign idea to the history of the United States.

"Protesting and revolting against your wise rulers goes against everything America was built on," she said. "It flies in the face of every American tradition. Revolting against tyranny has no place in this great country."

Governor Whitmer then rattled off a long list of things that she also believes to be un-American:

* Declaring independence from tyrants
* Having a list of protected rights
* Separation of powers
* Democratically elected leaders
* Freedom of religion, assembly, the press, protests, and speech.
* Federalism
* Apple pie
* Baseball
* America

"If you're really Americans, you'll stop with this dangerous revolutionary activity," she concluded.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10696 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
She's a perfect example why American history needs to be taught in classrooms. Governors and mayors should be required to pass an American history exam.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
She's a perfect example why history needs to be taught in classrooms.

And a perfect example of why it's not.

posted Hide Post
I love satire sights like the Babylon Bee or the Onion. Much needed comedy relief in these difficult times.

Posts: 5731 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe when the protestors gather in front of her palace, they should all give her a loud "Sieg Heil Mein Fuhrer" or a "Heil Whitmer" Wink

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Shame on the MSP. Roll Eyes

Indeed! Somehow I thought that all LEOs took an oath when hired. I know my brother, retired Idaho State cop, did.

I guess the "I was just following orders!" concept has come back. At least to some jurisdictions.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
All's great (?) here today. Governor has just extended the stay at home order until June 12th.

And Kwame Kilpatrick is rumored to be released from the pen, Mayor of Detroit Duggan has said he will help him get a fresh start.

You just can't make this shit up.

Methinks that the Governor will continue extending the stay at home order until the extra 600 dollars a week from the Federal Government ends. Then "It's a miracle, all is well now, you can resume your lives!"

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8066 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shovelhead:
Governor has just extended the stay at home order until June 12th.

She can bite me. Henceforth I'm going where I want, when I want. And I won't be wearing any face masks, anymore, unless the place I want to be insists upon it. (And, even then, I might just choose to go somewhere else, instead.)

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^
So you've officially had enough of the 'Rona cures????

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
No, I've officially had enough of Queen Witchmer

Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Whitler just handed Trump Michigan on a silver platter.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post