SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Michigan Operation Haircut = $1,000 tickets by MSP
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Michigan Operation Haircut = $1,000 tickets by MSP Login/Join 
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted
"Hundreds of people protested Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer's closure of non-essential businesses including barbers and hair salons during Operation Haircut on Wednesday. Some even got haircuts on the front lawn of the capitol and Michigan State Police were handing out $1,000 disorderly conduct tickets. It was inspired by Owosso barber Karl Manke who reopened his shop earlier this month but was forced to close when Licensing And Regulatory Affairs (LARA) suspended his business license.

Operation Haircut was organized by the Michigan Conservative Coalition and is the most recent protest against Gov. Whitmer's ordered closure of non-essential businesses."

Link

These people just don't get Liberty and the Right to Protest do they?

Posts: 11219 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
How dare anyone question their overlords? Think of the children!

Today its haircuts, and if we dont stop these people soon they may want to go to a movie or something!

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Shame on the MSP. Roll Eyes

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^X1000

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
I don't see a problem with folks gathering together to petition the Gov't for redress of grievances. I applaud the barbers and hair dressers for doing this. Can Trump pardon them?

Posts: 10821 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only dead fish
go with the flow
Picture of pessimist
posted Hide Post
Throughout this whole clusterfuck, I don't recall seeing one politician or talking head on TV with long hair. Clearly, it's been business as usual for them while they force and coerce the peasants into financial ruin.

Posts: 1517 | Registered: March 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pessimist:
Throughout this whole clusterfuck, I don't recall seeing one politician or talking head on TV with long hair. Clearly, it's been business as usual for them while they force and coerce the peasants into financial ruin.

Gretch was saying she was doing her part by doing her own hair.

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1363 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
“The people shall have the right to freely assemble together, to consult for the common good...”

Constitution of Michigan

I don’t think it finishes with - “EXCEPT IN CASE OF SOME VIRUS....”

Being a Right, it is in essence recognized as something that is permanent and preexisting. It is stating the obvious. It cannot be taken away. It is not a permission given by the state, governor, etc.

So, in truth the fines are not likely to hold up in court.

The Governor will one day be eating crow, should true justice prevail.

YMMV

Posts: 2130 | Location: south central Pennsylvania | Registered: November 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
Only violation I could possibly see is of the standards required by a barber shop or salon as far as sanitary regulations.

My barber once told me that the cleaning up of the hair and the cut portions off of the client was a big health issue. They also must wash their hands and equipment between clients.

But a violation seems to me would be handled by the licensing agency. Nowhere did I ever see or know how to enforce a violation of a barber shop.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Appliance Brad:

It was inspired by Owosso barber Karl Manke who reopened his shop earlier this month but was forced to close when Licensing And Regulatory Affairs (LARA) suspended his business license.

Wasn't supposed to be open anyway... fuck the license, open up and except donations.

Is there a law stopping someone from giving free hair cuts?

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:

If they are licensed charging probably isn't the issue but maintaining the standards is. If not licensed, probably not. Don't see how.

We tried to get my gunshop's barber to travel 30 miles and give haircuts in the shop which has a few classrooms available. We were going to pay almost a hundred each. He refused.

Or they could get one of these...now going for 300 on Ebay???

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
All these protesters and many, many, more need to take their game on the road to Whitmer's home. Setup in front of her house on the sidewalk and road and cut hair, serve beverages, sing, dance, and send a general FU to her highness continually for days. Heck, a couple people might go out of their way to punctuate their disgust by....oh my god....shaking hands. Eek

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:
quote:
Originally posted by Appliance Brad:

It was inspired by Owosso barber Karl Manke who reopened his shop earlier this month but was forced to close when Licensing And Regulatory Affairs (LARA) suspended his business license.

Wasn't supposed to be open anyway... fuck the license, open up and except donations.

Excellent idea. The optics of these governors crushing small business owners for simply trying to avoid bankruptcy and the loss of everything they've worked for is horrible. The political ads write themselves.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I'm disappointed in the MSP's supporting the tyrant--and, sadly, just a bit >< less pro-LE today than I was a couple days ago Frown

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow. $1000 for Disorderly Conduct!!!! F’ing A!!! Come on. Enough!! Let down by the Troopers actually writing that chicken shit!!

Posts: 4022 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Shame on the MSP. Roll Eyes
They were "just following orders?"

Lady Wretchen à la Doctor Who:

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
$1,000 disorderly conduct tickets

That seems pretty steep. Is that standard for that "offense," or did G-Wretch arbitrarily make it up?

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
has a low threshold
for bullshit
Picture of Ivan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
I'm disappointed in the MSP's supporting the tyrant--and, sadly, just a bit >< less pro-LE today than I was a couple days ago Frown

Agree on both points, and I served as a LEO for many years. I am ashamed of the profession based on what I see on so many fronts these days.

Posts: 1687 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
MSP have been very liberal leaning for a long time. They were against CCW reform too. I'm guessing it has to do with MSP leader, Commander or whatever he is called. Not at all surprised that MSP is very willing to back Queen Gretch, and no I am NOT anti-LE.
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

Posts: 1673 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
quote:
$1,000 disorderly conduct tickets

That seems pretty steep. Is that standard for that "offense," or did G-Wretch arbitrarily make it up?

I'd fight that. Nothing disorderly about a haircut.

In other news, think you could do something about your avatar Ivan? It's this big before the forum software grabs it. Not close to 60x60 at all, in fact it's 1,437px × 1,330px:

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post