SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Handgun ownership question
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Handgun ownership question Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't touch any of it with a ten foot pole.

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:

Next question, if I may, are the homeowners/people on the lease (the parents) legally responsible if there is an illegally obtained firearm in the home?

If they aren't prohibited persons under the code, they should be okay. In our system, you can't usually be held responsible for other people's crimes. The crime isn't "the gun." The crime is that a prohibited person possesses it.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ken226
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
He didn't lie about his mental condition if he was not adjudicated IN A COURT of being defective or had not been committed BY A COURT to a mental hospital. Those are very specific things, and are not very common at all.

If he smokes weed, he lied on the drug question. As have, I would bet, a fair number of members here.

The instructions state "court, board or commission", but doesn't state specifically what constitutes a board or commission.

Posts: 1563 | Location: WA | Registered: December 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Is it possible she's winding you up, knowing you are pro-gun and Trump?

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Simply being bipolar does not equate to being "adjudicated mentally defective". Adjudicated implying that there was a *legal* ruling of mental defect, which basically means you do not have the capacity to make your own legal/financial decisions. If simply having a mental illness equated to being mentally defective, probably 30-50% of the US population would need legal guardians to make their day to day decisions.

Posts: 820 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I wouldn't touch any of it with a ten foot pole.

We couldn't get Jakub Kusmieruk, a 7'4" Pole, to touch it either.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31379 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ken226:
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
He didn't lie about his mental condition if he was not adjudicated IN A COURT of being defective or had not been committed BY A COURT to a mental hospital. Those are very specific things, and are not very common at all.

If he smokes weed, he lied on the drug question. As have, I would bet, a fair number of members here.

The instructions state "court, board or commission", but doesn't state specifically what constitutes a board or commission.

They're basically talking about whatever government body is responsible for making those types of legal decisions in the place that the decision needs to be made. It's not just "anything that calls itself a court, board, or commission."

Different states do it different ways. For example, in some states, an involuntary commitment is ordered by a court while in others it is ordered by something like a "County Board of Mental Health."

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys!

Thank God, it's NOT Trumps fault! Wink
I now have some knowledge to toss back at her.

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post