SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Hear yee , hear yee !The Sock sale is on ! the sock sale is on !
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hear yee , hear yee !The Sock sale is on ! the sock sale is on ! Login/Join 
posted
buy three , get one free

https://www.thorlo.com/?gclid=...v-z13l4WYxoCt5Pw_wcB

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Love Thorlos, thanks!

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
Used to wear those until I found out about Darn Tough socks.

Posts: 4077 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
they actually have that sale almost constantly. At least according to all the emails they send me.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Checked, my sock drawer is full.
Darn.

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
I've worn steel toes daily for work for over 20 years. It used to be that I could don a new pair of socks in the morning, and have a hole in them by the end of the day.

Last year, I bought 4 pairs of Thorlos in a variety of colors, and 3 pairs of Darn Toughs.

It took almost 3 months of wearing them once a week before I discovered a hole in one pair of Thorlos. Another month later, I discovered a hole in another pair.

Seven months in, and still no holes in the Darn Toughs.

Just the facts.

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
steel toe boot wearers beware

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Better than "buy two get one free".

Did that one time and had one drawer full of paired sock, and another drawer half full of single socks.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
another drawer half full of single socks.

This is why I only buy one design. I may end up with fewer socks, but don't need to worry about pairs.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doubtful...
Picture of TomS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
Better than "buy two get one free".

Did that one time and had one drawer full of paired sock, and another drawer half full of single socks.

Hey at least you are ready for the sock eating dryer monster!

Best regards,

Tom

I have no comment at this time.

Posts: 3108 | Location: Coker Creek,TN | Registered: April 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:
quote:
another drawer half full of single socks.

This is why I only buy one design. I may end up with fewer socks, but don't need to worry about pairs.

Yep, and everyone of these are the exact same single color.

But either all lefts, or all rights. Dammit! What a waste...

My dryer is full of keys.
(and my hovercraft is full of eels)

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by C-Dubs:

Seven months in, and still no holes in the Darn Toughs.

Ric Cabot's own words. Guaranteed for life.

https://darntough.com/pages/our-guarantee

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
Are their orders always slow being filled? Ordered some on the 16th. E-mailed them yesterday and the order is in the warehouse being filled..... Wondering what it takes to fill an order for 6 pair of socks ?

Posts: 4403 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For the last four years , it always took 3-4 days, this year it took 6 days ,

I too called and spoke with Trish,
She said that they have had a 39% increase in orders since late March.

As I was in no hurry , I was not inconvienanced .

Add on to that the the sale time rush, and it's easy for me to cut the smallish company some slack.

I have found very few aspects of retail exchanges to be what we used to think as " status quo".

posted Hide Post
Just went to their site, it seems they are promoting face masks. The pictures of the famiy look like they are ready to stick up the local convenience store! I have been happy with their socks though. In my profession I don't wear steel toed boots.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fla. Jim:

Are their orders always slow being filled? Ordered some on the 16th. E-mailed them yesterday and the order is in the warehouse being filled..... Wondering what it takes to fill an order for 6 pair of socks ?
They have plenty of left socks, but the right socks in some styles are back ordered. The problem was traced back to a monkey who has a drawer half full of socks for one foot.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:

Just went to their site, it seems they are promoting face masks.
I got some of their face masks.

They smell like dirty, sweaty, feet.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^
Haahahh

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just ordered 6 pair from the outlet store , for the neighbor.

They said that their orders are going out in a day or two

Picture of SOTAR
posted Hide Post
I bought a few Thorlo socks 7+ years ago. Bendable posted about/recommended them.

They are my goto daily socks. I'm still wearing the originals and a few more that I have bought since. Only one or two have worn out.

I wear these for work, with jeans, Khaki, or dress pants.
https://www.thorlo.com/shop/men-walking-socks-brown

I highly recommend them. One of those things you hear about on Sig Forum and buy. Very much worth the money.

MADE IN USA.

I have a hard time finding socks that fit, Thorlo makes them in my size!!!

Posts: 1037 | Location: portland, OR | Registered: October 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post