SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Car stereo Q...think I know the answer, just want to confirm
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Car stereo Q...think I know the answer, just want to confirm Login/Join 
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted
So the 'factory' Sony car stereo in my RV was a mess of buttons and knobs and at an awkward angle to look at to figure out what station I was tuning in on XM. So I replaced it with a nice touchscreen that I think will really help minimize the fuss while driving.

My question is this: the stereo is NOT keyed with the ignition. I suppose this is so one can listen to tunes throughout the RV when camped out. I can turn the monitor off, so other than the stereo memory, the only powered thing I see is one lit "Home" button. Am I correct in assuming that this will NOT kill my battery if I'm swinging by every couple of weeks? LOL

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16177 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
I think you should be fine. If not the case, wire a rocker switch in the power lead for the radio, and manually cut it off when not in use.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
In the idle mode you should be fine.
I don't know how long it will last with a bunch of amps and pushing them for an extended time though.

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post