SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Has the Costco peanut butter controversy been discussed?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Has the Costco peanut butter controversy been discussed? Login/Join 
posted
even with normal sized or even petite hands , how are we supposed to get to the bottom 1/3 of this stupid deep jar?

Why can't they make the jar 4 inches shorter and 4 inches wider, to allow access ?

I end up washing more off of my meat hooks than what goes on the bread.

who is in the mood for an uprising ?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bendable,

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54605 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
Just toss it to the German Shepard. She will be able to get to it.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10905 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Long thin spoon...

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OldChimney
posted Hide Post
Maybe you're using the wrong tool?

Posts: 2364 | Location: West | Registered: December 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Install a new utility knife blade in your knife. Make a nice even cut. Install a new piece of plastic wrap and rubber band. Wala! Problem solved. Wink

Second option, but I use the first one.

Wooden paint stir stick.

Next?

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19159 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I used to have a "peanut butter knife" that was a long, flexible stainless steel spatula, and it was great. Unfortunately, I lost it some years back and have not been able to find a replacement. (It looked kind of like a putty knife.)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
Silicone spatula. You're welcome.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15712 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Search for this:

Stainless Steel Cream knife Sandwich Knives and Condiment Spreader, Silver

On Amazon

Posts: 26894 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

mine are the same length as the regular table knife

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54605 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3659 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
quote:

mine are the same length as the regular table knife

Sounds like it's time to upgrade your equipment. Smile

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
I believe your practical side is quite right. However we sandwich people live in deeply divided times. We have yet to solve why rye bread is a half moon, ham comes in rectangles, and provolone is round.

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 2008 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 31 | Location: FL | Registered: April 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Moving cash
for money
posted Hide Post

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles scream and shout" R.I.P. R.A.H.
Ooga Chakka Hooga Hooga Ooga Chakka Hooga Hooga
NRA Basic Rifle Instructor
Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED Adult/Child/Infant Instructor
Red Cross Wilderness First Aid Instructor

Posts: 9912 | Location: Jawjah | Registered: December 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have you not seen the peanut butter that comes in a toothpaste tube?? Must not be in the Midwest yet. Can even squirt it into your mouth while driving or cutting the grass.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Ah, no thanks on that one. Eek

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19159 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Last time I bought peanut butter from costco you didnt need a knife, you could pour it out of the jar...

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Why can't they make the jar 4 inches shorter and 4 inches wider, to allow access ?

A WAG, FWIW - they can get more jars of peanut butter on the grocery store shelf that way, and grocery store shelves don't get reset/reinstalled/whateverthegrocerystoreelvesdo for height very often.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Have you not seen the peanut butter that comes in a toothpaste tube??

Wait WHAT??? Why wasn't I informed? That ranks right up there with safety pins, splitting the atom, and the last episode of the Jersey Shore!

Jelly made the switch years ago about time peanut butter caught up....

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
So your tool is not long enough?

I have the same problem with mayo (Best Foods of course) and Miracle Whip.

Posts: 6312 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post