SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Chick-fil-A doing just fine, thanks
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chick-fil-A doing just fine, thanks Login/Join 
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
What are you guys ordering that you love this place so much? I’ve been twice and just can’t figure out why everyone raves about it.

Spicy chicken sandwich and the market salad with apple cider vinaigrette.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17248 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
I'm dying here. Like some others here, the closest is a good drive away. They have quite a few of the other fast foods so it's just a matter of time I'm guessing Frown

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
What are you guys ordering that you love this place so much? I’ve been twice and just can’t figure out why everyone raves about it.

Grilled chicken club. Chicken noodle soup. Lemonade.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by deepocean:
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
I think I’m partially responsible for their success since I spend about $150 there 5 days a week doing lunches at hospitals as a medical rep. Big Grin

Are you saying you spend $150/day there?

Is one of those hospitals HUP? I spent a LOT of time walking around that place when I was in school.

Yes, I spend about $150 per day on chik fil during a week ($750-$800 weekly). Hospital staff just loves it and I like supporting them.

HUP? Hospital of UPenn? I do go there a lot, one of my favorite places. I swear my IQ goes up 10 points just being there lol

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
quote:

Grilled chicken club. Chicken noodle soup. Lemonade.

100% totally agree, especially the lemonade. I would also order up an extra helping of friendly and professional service since it's free.

Posts: 7524 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bytes:
I would also order up an extra helping of friendly and professional service since it's free.

My pleasure!

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17248 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steelcityfishanddive
posted Hide Post
2 original sandwiches and a vanilla shake please.

Posts: 1312 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Can't wait for them to bring back the Chicken Parmesan.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HighZonie
posted Hide Post
Grilled Chicken Club

Psst...... It has B A C O N
and a lot of other really good stuff. The lettuce is so fresh you would swear it was picked 5 min. ago.

* Diligentia Vis Celeritis *
"Thus those skilled in war subdue the enemy's army without battle .... They conquer by strategy."
- Sun Tsu - The Art of War

"Fast is Fine, but Accuracy is Everything" - Wyatt Earp

Posts: 2900 | Location: Arizona Highlands - Pine Tree Country | Registered: March 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Another thing about Chick-fil-A.... if you order a sandwich minus an ingredient (like lettuce) they subtract 15 cents from the total, per ingredient.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three on, one off
Picture of G-Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
And doing it in only six days a week. Winning.

With only a fraction of total restaurant locations. Winning!

Posts: 4449 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
I just wish they would build one in Anchorage, flying to Seattle is expensive for a CFA fix.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11749 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Yes it is. I like to get to Chick-fil-A at least a couple times a month, Chicken sandwich, no pickle and large waffle fries. My wife likes their salads with grilled chicken. Great place, great people, great values, funny poster ads. Much to the chagrin of the left, CfA is going to be around forever.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3785 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The limited time frosted lime-onade is awesome. Practically a lime sherbert shake. I do have to go diet lemonade, though... the regular is too sweet.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2362 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:

HUP? Hospital of UPenn? I do go there a lot, one of my favorite places. I swear my IQ goes up 10 points just being there lol

Yes. I think it's the best hospital in the Philadelphia area. Best university, too. Smile

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
What I find so interesting about Chik-Fil-A's continuing success, is that its not really 100% tried to the quality of their food (though it is excellent), or an American interest in chicken in general. Its the culture and environment of the stores/company being soooooooooo different from all other fast food options. The young people who work there are well groomed, well trained in customer dialog, and usually, huge leaps above their peers working for other fast food joints. Then the restaurants are kept impeccably clean and orderly and everyone seems to know what they're supposed to be doing.

No matter how busy they are, you always feel good about visiting a Chik-Fil-A store. That, coupled with good food, makes them incredibly successful in their market. Now its time for a Spicy Chicken Deluxe sandwich. Smile

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Their numbers would be even better if they would bring back the spicy breakfast biscuit.

And the cole slaw.

I miss the lemon pies and cheese cakes, too. and the old brownies. the new cookies aren't all that great.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8347 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I gotta stop in that place one of these day. It's two blocks from my house. Next to CF is In-N-Out . Whenever I drive by, both places look like a zoo. Even on Mondays.

Posts: 656 | Registered: February 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:

Did you go through the drive trough or go inside?

Chick-Fil-A is the most consistently clean, friendly and professional fast food restaurant I've been to. Never have I been to one and thought it was a dump. Never once have I wished I had gone somewhere else.

Posts: 10824 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post