SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Chick-fil-A doing just fine, thanks
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chick-fil-A doing just fine, thanks Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I go there infrequently because I prefer burgers to chicken but if you are near one at lunchtime, watch out. The drive-thru becomes a zoo causing traffic problems for anyone near the restaurant.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
I did my part last night after working 12 hours. The people who work at my CFA are always very friendly, fast and say "my pleasure" when I say thank you. They will take your tray with garbage for you and refill your drink for you while you're eating.

My newest favorite thing is chicken strips with buffalo sauce drizzled on them dipped in ranch, waffle fries dipped in their cheese sauce and a sweet tea. My kid also uses their app and gets points every time we go there and uses the points for free food. The only thing I wish is that they would add some variety to the menu.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's the best! Just dropped $90.00 today for the volunteer cleanup/chainsaw crew at my mother-in-law's house after we had near tornado weather that uprooted and felled a couple of trees.

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1523 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HighZonie
posted Hide Post
5/10/2019 article from THE HILL

Texas state lawmaker derails conservative-backed bill to 'Save Chick-Fil-A'

>> https://thehill.com/homenews/s...-to-save-chick-fil-a

I did not realize this, but apparently there was a bill in the Texas State Legislature that would prevent discrimination toward business like that which occurred at the San Antonio airport.

Unfortunately, the bill was not allowed to come to vote due to a technicality in the procedure of it's crafting.

* Diligentia Vis Celeritis *
"Thus those skilled in war subdue the enemy's army without battle .... They conquer by strategy."
- Sun Tsu - The Art of War

"Fast is Fine, but Accuracy is Everything" - Wyatt Earp

Posts: 2900 | Location: Arizona Highlands - Pine Tree Country | Registered: March 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
They've opened three new restaurants within two miles of the first one. I've never seen one of the four with no customers in line for the drive-thru.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31382 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HighZonie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
They've opened three new restaurants within two miles of the first one. I've never seen one of the four with no customers in line for the drive-thru.

-----------------------------------------------

I assume you are saying that the new restaurants are proximal to the San Antonio airport.

If so, that is great!

"Thus those skilled in war subdue the enemy's army without battle .... They conquer by strategy."

Posts: 2900 | Location: Arizona Highlands - Pine Tree Country | Registered: March 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Their numbers would be even better if they would bring back the spicy breakfast biscuit.

And the cole slaw.

I miss the cole slaw and the chicken salad sandwich. Together with a Spicy Deluxe, one of my all time favorite fast food meals

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Their chicken noodle soup is great! I just wish it came in larger bowls (yes, I do get the larger one offered).

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Man I love Chick-Fil-A. Yesterday I went to pick up a nugget tray for my daughters birthday party. Apparently my wife’s phone must have timed out while ordering the nuggets because they had no record of the order in their system and I wasn’t charged on my credit card. I was panicking thinking the party, which was about to start wouldn’t have delicious nuggets but the manager said not to worry and they made me a tray in less than 10 minutes!

Chick-Fil-A is THE best!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21075 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have to eat Gluten free for health reasons. Do they have gluten free menu?

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
I was in there last Friday.

Posts: 7506 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by satch:
I have to eat Gluten free for health reasons. Do they have gluten free menu?
They do have gluten-free rolls (buns) available on request for their sandwiches. One of my part-time employees has to have these when we stop at Chick-Fil-A for a lunch break.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig Sauer Kraut
posted Hide Post
quote:
Their numbers would be even better if they would bring back the spicy breakfast biscuit.

And the cole slaw.

The spicy chicken biscuit? They still have it here. Must be regional now.

Posts: 691 | Registered: January 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig Sauer Kraut:
quote:

And the cole slaw.
The spicy chicken biscuit? They still have it here. Must be regional now.
The spicy chicken sandwich is still available on the lunch menu, but the spicy chicken biscuit has been gone from the breakfast menu for more than a year, in this area.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Deen
posted Hide Post
We discovered them in Florida on vacation and had lunch there six out of seven days we were there.

They came to MN a few years ago, but the closest one is too far to make it a regular stop. Frown

And with surety I shall attain victory
- Guru Gobind Singh.

Posts: 1572 | Location: Twin Cities, MN | Registered: November 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They opened 2 locations in my county,(which doesn't seem like much but the county is only 1/3 developed), and the lines are insane. I am glad to see them insanely long. Good food served by good people.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Think I'll pick up my #4 with a lemonade on the way home tonight. They have THE best lemonade there.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HighZonie
posted Hide Post
Today, while I had my spicy chicken sandwich meal with lemonade I noticed a billboard with photos of the owners and bio's of each of them.

One of the second generation owners is named ....... Cool Bubba.

I'm just sayin' .... That's cool.

Any chicken joint owned by a Bubba gets my business!!