SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What is your personal economic impact of the shutdown due to COVID-19?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is your personal economic impact of the shutdown due to COVID-19? Login/Join 
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
FWIW, I exhausted all my resources when my country's economy went down the toilet in 2001. It broke my back financially and i've never recovered.
Completely lost faith in banks, they screwed me and the rest of us in any possible and imaginable way.

My point is don't stretch yourself too far. Cut your loses ASAP because no one knows when this will end. I had no clue or guidelines back then, no precedents. This time, as we stand prisoners of our own appartment, i know i can and will help my own but should not over reach for the others.
Self defense classes at Sigarms taught me not to. Even if it goes against my nature.
Experience with helping others back in 2001 aftermath confirmed this. My bad for not listening and using it.
It sucks, but is better than following your instincts and find human nature is not what you wish for.

This does not stricktly apply for my beloved brothers at Sigforum. We ARE family.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12090 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of holdem
posted Hide Post
As I mentioned, I am a sales rep, I work on commission. One of the brands I represent, I get a daily report of what has shipped the previous day. This particular brand, I average about $5,000 per day in shipments. I just received my shipped report for Wednesday, April 1st. I shipped one item, for $74.25.

Posts: 2280 | Location: Orlando | Registered: April 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Was not sure where to put this, decided on here.

Clorox wipes are virtually unfindable. Here’s what I’ve been doing, and it works really well! As an aside, I also poured the same solution into a spray bottle and use it the same way.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
I have been a working man since I was very young. I have been a Hairstylist since the age of 18, and have always been a “go-getter”. Now laid off, it’s scary as a divorce took a chunk of my booty years ago. Current Wife of 18 years is a Clinical Psychologist at Vanderbilt University, she is video counseling and I am trying to fill the budget in with knife making. I am quite nervous....... This year will mark the change of our World immensely.

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Yarchin:
We are waiting to hear about that for NC.

Jeff have you looked into the Borrower Paycheck Protection Program through SBA? Basically figure your average monthly payroll and multiply it by 2.5. This will be the amount the gov't "loans" you. If you use it for payroll and don't lay anyone off until the end of June , they are going to forgive the loan.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5906 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dave7378:
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Yarchin:
We are waiting to hear about that for NC.

Jeff have you looked into the Borrower Paycheck Protection Program through SBA? Basically figure your average monthly payroll and multiply it by 2.5. This will be the amount the gov't "loans" you. If you use it for payroll and don't lay anyone off until the end of June , they are going to forgive the loan.

We have, thank you. We have applications complete and ready to go but the banks aren't ready yet... lots of glitches yesterday, These funds were was supposed to be available starting yesterday. Our local SBA banker is also our banker. We should qualify. We are profitable (so far) and have no debt.

Posts: 12915 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
So, now, just to keep our health insurance, we're going to have to pay COBRA their outrageous monthly fee.

The way I understand COBRA and explained to me by my HR department when I was laid off years ago: You don't need to pay every month. If you do use it and haven't paid for say two months then you need to pay the two months you haven't paid. This may be worth checking out. Frown

Sending good thoughts to you and yours.

Posts: 7523 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
Hey Jeff, I heard from my banker that they will probably start issuing loans at the end of next week. Good luck!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5906 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Thanks Dave!

Posts: 12915 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 45_Auto
posted Hide Post
Very little if at all. Retired, getting Social Security and a pension. Plus working at Lowe's, so considering that I feel I am doing quite well and able to help my daughter who is out of work right now.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
A Veteran is someone who wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'Up to and including their life'.
That is Honor. Unfortunately there are way too many people in this Country who no longer understand that.

Posts: 2306 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: November 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
I am thankfully unaffectd by the current mishigas. I'm a facility operations worker, and our building stays manned 24\7. The rest of NYC is a ghost town.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SgtGold,

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
We are seeing probably half our usual patient load this month? And then throw on top of that the stress that the patients we are seeing may have covid-19 and we’ve been better

We have applied for the PPP loan as well as the EIDL loan. We are hearing that hopefully next week we will hear about the PPP and hopefully from the SBA as well

If we get neither of those I will have to lay off half my staff probably by May 1, if not essentially the second we get rejected

For the first time in my life I can say I am truly months from taking a strong strong look at bankruptcy

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
Wow, all this doom and gloom. I've had a chance now to think about it. I'm doing great. Retirement isn't all that bad. I'm pretty confident Uncle Sugar will continue making his monthly SS deposits. I'm really old now and have a part time gig working for the company I retired from. Its only a grand per month, but it pays for all my toys and fun. Can't even take my wife out to lunch or supper, so that money stays put.

My little cash stockpile is at $300, plus the $120 in my billfold. This is still February money. I only have gas and electric as my bills, plus a few other minor ones. I do have a car payment, but only because the finance guy did what he wanted, not what I asked. Not a problem, SS more than covers it. Checking account grows by about a grand a month. I don't go anywhere to spend money.

Wife wants to go on a cruise, I tell her fine, go. But I'm staying in my recliner. She has her own retirement, but no real bills her SS doesn't cover.

I kind of dread Sept/Oct when my city and county tax bills come out. Only because I hate paying the bastards.

I don't have any investments other than Government I bonds and guns. So I'm good, or feel that I am. Money in the bank, newish cars that I don't drive. Nice view of the river and a good set of Binoc's. Neighbors cherry tree is in full bloom, and his is nicer than mine. Coming up on my wife's 50th anniversary but can't go out to celebrate it. I guess not a problem because she won't blame it on me. Life is good.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18385 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post