SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Need info on a personal motorized water propeller device
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need info on a personal motorized water propeller device Login/Join 
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted
This device is like a scuba diving scooter, but it is not meant to go underwater.

They were made many years ago. It's basically a tiny 2 stroke weedeater motor with a snorkel on it. The motor connects to a caged prop.

You hold onto it just below the surface and work the throttle and it will pull you through the water, just along the surface. Not very fast - couple mph at most.

Anyone seen these or know what they are called?

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sabonim
Picture of Wayniac
posted Hide Post
Aquascooter.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride! ~Hunter S. Thompson

Posts: 1438 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
There is a Sea-Doo Aqua Ranger on eBay for $200.00 OBO. New.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
Was it Mike Hunt and Sea Hunt? Am I really that old?

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18385 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
“Was it Mike Hunt and Sea Hunt?”

No-“Mike Hunt” is who you have paged at the airport. Wink

Lloyd Bridges was Mike Nelson in Sea Hunt. Razz

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A weed eater motor? No way I am sailing under the briny powered by a weed eater motor.
Big Grin

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wayniac:
Aquascooter.

Like so: Aquascooter?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rburg:
Was it Mike Hunt...

I went to school with him. But he seemed to only show on days when there was a substitute teacher.

Posts: 21053 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
It must have been the aquascooter. The ones I saw people using were old versions. I didn’t know they still made them. I also didn’t know electric varieties had come down in price.

They looked like a lot of fun to skirt around in shallow bays.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post