SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Carhartt bib insulated overall sizing?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Carhartt bib insulated overall sizing? Login/Join 
Picture of cparktd
posted
Hate to keep bugging the forum with these petty questions but my Daughters think I know everything and can fix anything. Big Grin So when one asks me, whats a dad to do but find the answer!!?

Daughter wants to get some Carhartt insulated bib overall for her son. He's working at a tire shop this winter, after school and weekends.

He's 16, and only a size 29 waist pants. The Amazon size chart recommends to add 6 inches to that for the overalls. That just struck us a bit extreme for such a small size.

It's a Christmas present so she doesn't want to have him try them on. Apparently she is ordering them online so she wants to get it right to avoid return hassles.

What ya'll think, I've never had any of them so no personal experience...

THANKS!

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Doesn't Carhart have a size chart on their website? You'll just need a tape measure and him.

edit: yes they do. I can't copy and paste the link on from my phone. Go to their website and it's in the FAQ section.

Posts: 11839 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truckin' On
Picture of AH.74
posted Hide Post
I wear a size 30 waist and I'm almost positive my insulated Carhartt bibs are a 32. They fit fine over my jeans with my Wilderness belt on.

Posts: 7344 | Location: Hermit’s Peak | Registered: November 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is the link to Carhartt sizing chart:

https://www.carhartt.com/Light...-1%26storeId%3D10201

Looks like they recommend a 34.

Posts: 1168 | Registered: July 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:
Doesn't Carhart have a size chart on their website? You'll just need a tape measure and him.

edit: yes they do. I can't copy and paste the link on from my phone. Go to their website and it's in the FAQ section.

Found it, screenshot it, and sent it to her... Thanks.
Also suggested she just take him to buy to fit... but no place in town carries them.

Would just like to get some real world experience if possible. Dang things run 100 bucks or more looks like.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Ya'll so fast I can't keep up! Awesome!

All info relayed....

THANKS!

posted Hide Post
I am 6’ tall, 155-160 lbs., Wear jeans 99% of the time, they are 30 or 31” waist with 32” inseam. The insulated Carhartt bibs that I have and wear, frequently for work, are 32” waist by x 32” inseam. They are comfortable all day in this size. I always wear jeans under the bibs btw.

If there are similarities in sizes, my guess the 32x32 should be fine.

Posts: 2132 | Location: south central Pennsylvania | Registered: November 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I suspect the recommendation of larger sizes is due to contractors that work in all weather generally have a heavier hoodie or sweatshirt which extends past the belt line of their jeans. Possibly add a set of long johns and there is more room needed. I have lived and worked in Iowa for the last 50+ years and our weather can make some pretty wide swings in a day so the layering is important.

The “POLICE"
Their job Is To Save Your Ass,
Not Kiss It

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in any language - Clint Smith

Posts: 2890 | Location: See der Rabbits, Iowa | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bettysnephew:
I suspect the recommendation of larger sizes is due to contractors that work in all weather generally have a heavier hoodie or sweatshirt which extends past the belt line of their jeans. Possibly add a set of long johns and there is more room needed. I have lived and worked in Iowa for the last 50+ years and our weather can make some pretty wide swings in a day so the layering is important.

This is true, I used to live and work in the northern tip of the lower peninsula of Michigan. I had to work outside most days, long johns, work shirt, sweatshirt w/hood, arctic lined Carhart bib overalls, Carhart 3/4 length coat. You really want to try it on while wearing all the layers to insure getting a good fit.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mr. Waffles
Picture of cherokee2u
posted Hide Post
I love Carhartt and have a bunch of it. Bought some bibs and never wear them because of the strap hookup. Total pain in the ass. Go with Dickies

And yes go to your local hardware store and try em on

A shepherd must tend his flock....and at times fight off the wolves

Posts: 2988 | Location: Carolina | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post