SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    obama presidential library (sort of)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

obama presidential library (sort of) Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted
Obama’s Library Architects Say Project May Need $1.5 Billion (that was in February)

but now

Obama's Presidential Library Won't Actually Have Library Materials

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...y-materials-n2392746

Unlike traditional presidential libraries, the Obama Presidential Center will not actually have library materials

Instead, it will include space for outdoor functions and picnics, a basketball court, recording studio, sledding hill, children’s play garden, and more.

the center will rely on online archives for Obama’s presidential materials as a way to avoid meeting federal standards in construction, raising money for an endowment , and paying the National Archives and Records Administration to run the facility.

without those papers on site, some have begun to ask whether the Obama Center can even attract researchers to the University of Chicago, Chicago State University or the University of Illinois.

Officials initially thought the papers would be kept in Chicago. But after they spent $300,000 to ship Obama’s documents to the Chicago region and about $223,000 a month to store and provide security for tens of millions of textual records, artifacts and audio visual materials here, they decided to ship them back to Washington once a decision is made on where to keep them permanently, a spokeswoman with the National Archives and Records Administration said.

8 mos at 223k is $1.8 mil

Adrena Ifill, the managing partner of Washington, D.C.-based DoubleBack Global Group, a cultural heritage firm, said the move online “is in line with his legacy.”

or, do you think obama had a hard time getting people to pony up $1.5 Bil ??

I think the waste of more of our tax dollars is indeed "in line with his legacy"

Posts: 19504 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
Sounds like another way to make files mysteriously disappear. Fucking charlatan.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5745 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hopefully it will incude bullet proof glass and armor plating. The neighborhood that it's planned for is a shit-hole.

I got $50 on the obama library is the first Presidential Library with a homicide.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8321 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
Hopefully it will incude bullet proof glass and armor plating. The neighborhood that it's planned for is a shit-hole.

I got $50 on the obama library is the first Presidential Library with a homicide.

Nah, how many of those thugs even know what a library is? It'll be the safest place on the South Side!

Mongo only pawn in game of life...

Posts: 683 | Location: DFW | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Unlike traditional presidential libraries, the Obama Presidential Center will not actually have library materials

Rejecting the other necessary materials for a library in such a vacuous political career, what could be more fitting: no content.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9849 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It would be more appropriate to call it the 'Lie-Barry'!

Posts: 3466 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
quote:

It would cost too much to constantly replace the materials stolen! Big Grin Think Thugs Smile

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Instead, it will include space for outdoor functions and picnics, a basketball court, recording studio, sledding hill, children’s play garden, and more.

Sound more like a <wait for it> Community Center.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ugeesta:
Sounds like another way to make files mysteriously disappear. Fucking charlatan.

Yeah, it took a second to process the article because two separate but related thoughts immediately started jostling for my attention. Who exactly is deciding what materials are relevant and get fully recorded online? And what exactly is going to happen to all of the originals after their having been put online?

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

Don't forget the mosque and the bath house.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Knuckledragger
Picture of IndyRob
posted Hide Post
If it has a basketball court you can pretty much guarantee a shooting there.

Posts: 7358 | Location: Greater Indianapolis Area | Registered: October 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
I guess the recording studio is for "aspiring rappers, turning their lives around."

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Beautiful Mind
Picture of DetonicsMk6
posted Hide Post
Just put a copy of "Rules for Radicals" in his cell.

“The most dangerous man to any government is the man who is able to think things out for himself, without regard to the prevailing superstitions and taboos. Almost inevitably he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane, and intolerable...”
― H.L. Mencken

-All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Posts: 4801 | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:

Oh, all the current residents will be displaced and resettled in Section 8 housing in what are currently good neighborhoods. Ya know, to help spread cultural diversity.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
http://www.chicagotribune.com/...20170513-column.html

He has vowed that his presidential center will not be a tribute to him. It will instead be an institution for training the Barack Obamas and Michelle Obamas of the future.

At that meeting in Chicago, he promised that his library would be forward-looking, not backward. In his words, it would not be an "ego trip" that says to the world, " See what I did ."

once President Trump gets done, that would be a small list.

Posts: 19504 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He doesn't need a library....He doesn't have any books that haven't been colored in Smile

Posts: 2096 | Location: Bowling Green, KY | Registered: January 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:

For a President that probably never cracked open many books in his lifetime. How appropriate.

Posts: 8603 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Having it all “In the Cloud” allows it to be revised as needed to be politically correct. Any time, anywhere. How convenient.

Posts: 2130 | Location: south central Pennsylvania | Registered: November 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post