SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Can I get a Moderator for a second opinion....
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can I get a Moderator for a second opinion.... Login/Join 
posted
I think ive been banned from the forum over this post by an overzealous Moderator.

Here is the post that started it all:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/4810057854

I was honest in my explanation and polite in the exchange. He seemed to want to escalate everything and then said I'm done here. Didn't have to go like that.

Been a member for 15 years, learned a lot of great things, and never had a problem with anyone on this board.

Can someone look into this for me.

Posts: 45 | Registered: August 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Well you're able to post, so I don't think you're banned. Looks like your posting rights for the Classifieds have been revoked because you won't follow the rules.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
15 years here and you don't understand that Parabellum isn't just some moderator here?

He owns the site and you can't go any further up than him.

If he says you're done...then you're done.

Posts: 33604 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Uhm, that was the site's owner with whom you tangled. Nowhere to escalate from there, dude.

And you aren't "banned from the forum," otherwise you wouldn't have been able to post the above. What you were was banned from further posting of sale adverts in The Classifieds.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
your questions were answered by the moderator,, and the owner of this site,

he runs a tight ship, and in doing so, has provided us with a great forum,

would be wise to listen (or rather read)his comments and heed them,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
"He" aka Para - owns the Forum.

(Edit to add - I see everyone was typing at the same time LOL Big Grin )

Posts: 12536 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
We've been wanting to ban you for some time but never can find any of your posts. Thanks for the link!

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
What you were was banned from further posting of sale adverts in The Classifieds.

Which is all this guy apparently has been using the forum for over 15 years. 43 posts in 15 years? C'mon now. Roll Eyes

Posts: 33604 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
I will pray for you.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12349 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Overzealous Moderator"? Seriously?
The rules for selling items on here are pretty simple and pinned at the top for all to see.
And he didn't ban you, he said you weren't going to sell anything on here anymore.
Keep poking the Eagle.....you won't be the first.

Posts: 157 | Location: Delaware | Registered: June 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post

Posts: 17056 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You don’t fix faith,
River. It fixes you.

Picture of Yanert98
posted Hide Post
This is a post from the "Onion"... right?
Big Grin

----------------------------------
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism.." - Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2673 | Location: Migrating with the Seasons | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Unbelievable. Maybe take this learning experience to ask Para for a cut now.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the Hump Day entertainment. Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:

He doesn't want THAT CUT...

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
As has been said - if you've been here for 15 years, and really been a part of this community, then you'd know who Parabellum is, why you're in the situation you're in, and why this thread is for naught.

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SPWAMike0317
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
your questions were answered by the moderator,, and the owner of this site,

he runs a tight ship, and in doing so, has provided us with a great forum,

would be wise to listen (or rather read)his comments and heed them,

+1 with the addition of: all rules are clearly stated and quite reasonable. You are not garnering any sympathy from this quarter.

Let me help you out. Which way did you come in?

Posts: 715 | Location: North of Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: January 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kz1000:
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:

He doesn't want THAT CUT...

Since all he does is the classifieds, you’re using jargon he doesn’t understand. Custom User Title, Tony. Something other than “Member” under your username.

Posts: 17056 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShneaSIG:
... and why this thread is for naught.

Oh, I don't know about that "for naught," part Wink

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
I believe the owner of this house explained his position very well.

Maybe just build a bridge, get over it, and move on?

Oh and remember, there is but one Moderator. The other (one or two) are moderators (note the little "m"?)

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post