SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Crazy week, really weird day
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Crazy week, really weird day Login/Join 
posted
Well, I have had a crazy week and a weird day. I'm just beat.

Well, Monday was I guess the best, most normal day so far. Then it starts to slide sideways. My refrigerator died Tuesday night, after a frustrating day at work. Wednesday gets worse. Thursday was trying to best Wednesday but I think it just tied. Friday school was cancelled, teachers walked out. So that also cancelled my field trip, well they didn't tell me until later in the day so by then I couldn't do anything. I could have gone to the Knob Creek machine gun shoot, but by time I was informed that the field trip was cancelled, it wouldn't be worth it to drive there.

Well that leads to today, Saturday. I have/had another field trip. I get to the compound to get a bus and there is a coyote in the parking lot. I didn't see him until I unlocked the gate. I get in my car and pull in then I see him. He jumps up and runs off to the back of the lot.

Oh well, I go to get on a bus and no keys, so another. It doesn't have any DEF ( exhaust bearing lube as I call it ) so on another one. Eureka! It's got keys, exhaust bearing lube, and well, it passes the per trip! Hot damn I'm off.

So I head out to pick up my girls, and get behind someone poking along at 40 MPH in a 55 MPH zone. Well I'm going to be late picking up my girls. Finally he turns off the road so I make it on time.

I pick up my girls and head out. It's a nice morning and traffic is light, I pass a 2016ish Honda Accord, it's whole front windshield is gone, part of it is on the hood and the rest is on the roof!?! WTF??

Well get to the designation and offload the girls and I park the bus. I'm just chilling when the first round of typhoon rolls in. My side window is open and the seat gets soaked. Great. The the rest of the day goes rain, some sun and rain again.

Soooooooooo, finally the girls are done and they all load up and the coach says "let's head to the hotel". What?? Well I take them to the hotel and the coach says "we will be leaving in an hour to go to the amusement park and to eat". I'm like ok....so this is a overnight trip? She says "yes". Well funny thing is nobody told me that!!!! I'm almost 2 hours away from home, I'm expecting to be back by 5:30 PM and my damn dog is "home alone". So panic mode sets in. The dog is needing her food, water and insulin shot. I have no extra clothes let alone skives and socks.

So I have an hour to get to Wally World, buy me some skives, socks, shirt, pants and toothbrush and toothpaste. Oh yeah I have to get my friend to go get my pup and give her her shot, food and water.

So I call my friend, no answer. I get to Wally World, call again nothing. Again, nothing! Oh shit she went to her friends in nowhere Indiana, where the cell phone don't work! More panic! I call her dad's house, she's not there, he hasn't heard from her. More panic. Call her some more, nothing!

Well I finish my "crash wardrobe shopping spree" get back on the bus and head back to the hotel. On the way I see a guy towing a truck, with the front driver side wheel locked up and smoke rolling off of it and screeching like a banshee, the guy is just going along like nothings wrong. I get to the hotel and the girls load up and we head out and my phone rings, it's my friend. I pulled over and answer the phone and I explain what's up and could she help. She said no problem and my heart stops raceing.

So, now I'm in my hotel room, with my new Wally World wardrobe. Ready for a new day.

I sure hope that it is better, and the new week goes smoother! Man, I need a vacation!

ARman

Posts: 3151 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
Good you are keeping your sense of humor. Be safe out there and enjoy your new duds!

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Do they get a hotel room for you, or do you have to get one yourself?

Posts: 13047 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:
Do they get a hotel room for you, or do you have to get one yourself?

Oh, they had a room for me. On overnight trips the team/group is responsible for my room and food. I have to be put up in a single room by myself.

It's a nice hotel suite. Too bad I wasn't prepared for the trip!

I called the field trip coordinator and she had no clue that it was an overnighter. The paperwork didn't say, so to say that it was a surprise is an understatement!

I had a nice dinner, seafood lingiune. Came back to the hotel and I went to my room about 11:00 PM, and watched some TV.

Today (Sunday) we eat breakfast at the hotel, load up and we are heading toward home, with a stop off for a shopping trip (girls will be girls I guess!).

Should be back home around 3-4:00 PM, I'll pick my pup up at my friend's house and head home.

To say that there was some miscommunication and confusion in this trip would be an understatement! Oh well. I just have another story!

Well, I'm off to breakfast, pretrip the bus and heading home! Hopefully today will be a little less messed up! Hopefully this week will go smoothly.

ARman

posted Hide Post
Don't take this wrong. My father in law taught me this. We both drive/drove truck. He said always have a day bag, lunch, drinks ect with you... In your car have a three day bag (or whatever you think you need for your job). Something like, a change or two of clothes, shit, shower, shave gear, couple days worth of "stuff" whatever that may mean, and some stashed money. He learned that the hard way early in his career. It has made my life easier a few times too...

Posts: 1913 | Location: U.P. of michigan | Registered: March 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hvyhawler:
Don't take this wrong. My father in law taught me this. We both drive/drove truck. He said always have a day bag, lunch, drinks ect with you... In your car have a three day bag (or whatever you think you need for your job). Something like, a change or two of clothes, shit, shower, shave gear, couple days worth of "stuff" whatever that may mean, and some stashed money. He learned that the hard way early in his career. It has made my life easier a few times too...

Not taken the wrong way, I fully understand what you are saying. The funny thing is, I do usually take a bag with extra pair of pants, shirt, socks, underwear toothpaste and toothbrush, a small sewing kit.

Yep, I usually have that. Just that I forgotten it in my car, which was two hours away at the compound!

I did have my cooler with dranks, snacks and the like. I ever remember my chair so I didn't have to set on the bus all day or some damn bleachers. I even remember my rain gear. I just forgot my emergency clothes.

That's how my luck gos most days. LoL

ARman