SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    JFK records exposes possible dirt on MLK
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

JFK records exposes possible dirt on MLK Login/Join 
Picture of olfuzzy
posted
This will probably upset a few folks.

A newly revealed document from the John F. Kennedy assassination records paints a very defamatory picture of civil rights icon Martin Luther King Jr.

A wide-ranging 20-page document from the Federal Bureau of Investigation, titled “Martin Luther King, Jr. A Current Analysis," discusses King's alleged ties to communist influences and possible extramarital affairs.

The FBI's interest in both has already been made public, as the agency's head at the time, J. Edgar Hoover, had the agency conduct surveillance on King during the 1960s as part of a domestic counterintelligence program.

However, this document goes into detailed accounts of King's questionable activities, including being involved in events at which there were sex orgies. One account from 1964 spoke of a "two-day drunken sex orgy in Washington, D.C.," in which attendees participated in "sexual acts, natural as well as unnatural." Another account from "one Negro minister" said that at one of King's conferences in 1968 to train black ministers in Miami there was abundant debauchery and fornication.

The document also alleges that King may have fathered a baby girl with one of several women with whom he had affairs.

“The child resembles King to a great degree and King contributes to the support of this child. He calls this woman every Wednesday and frequently meets her in various cities throughout the country," the document said, via a "very responsible Los Angeles individual in a position to know."

Separately, one of the women King was said to have had an affair with was folk singer Joan Baez.

The document's authors don't appear to verify any of the claims made against King, who had been married to Coretta Scott King since 1953.

History professor Clayborne Carson, who is director of the Martin Luther King, Jr. Research and Education Institute at Stanford University, responded to the document via CNN, blaming Hoover for attempting a smear campaign. "When we look closely at this, what we see is that there is a person who is trying his best to damage Martin Luther King's reputation," Carson said. The report also noted that the FBI had sent a letter to King in 1964, which appeared to urge him to commit suicide.

The newly publicized FBI record was dated March 12, 1968, just weeks before King was assassinated on April 4, 1968.

The document was one of 676 published by the National Archives and Records Administration on Friday.

The documents are the first to be released since President Trump pledged in a tweet last Friday to release all of the John F. Kennedy secret records, leaving out only the names and addresses of any mentioned person who is still alive.

He also said that he is "doing this for reasons of full disclosure, transparency and in order to put any and all conspiracy theories to rest."

Agencies have six months to review the contents of remaining documents for possible redactions related to "national security, law enforcement, and foreign affairs concerns."

http://www.washingtonexaminer....gies/article/2639644

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
MLK was a man with human frailties and appetites. But he had at least one thing right and that is what matters to me. This is why I don't venerate people. I venerate truth and true principles. They will never fail me.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29678 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Knowing what I know now about smear campaigns, it's hard for me to take any report, government or otherwise, like the one mentioned without any skepticism.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19637 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I don't care if he fucked goats and hookers both on church pews in some goofy pagan ritual with pig's blood and confetti made out of $100 bills previously used to snort coke off boobs, it's wholly irrelevant to his larger contribution regarding civil rights and fighting racism and protesting nonviolently, and his dream speech alone is enough to make him a valued historical figure for perpetuity. He was a man, like any other, and imperfect by nature.

Hoover and the FBI and his "domestic surveillance program" are infinitely more problematic, as is the racism MLK fought against. Worrying about who MLK may have fucked and how he may have done it is as unbelievably pointless as it gets.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
The government should release what they had on Hoover.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I’ve read those claims before.

Doesn’t really matter to me though. King had his flaws like many of us. If he were alive to see what he fought so hard for, he would surely be disappointed. His method of non violence absolutely was a larger threat to his opponents than the violent ones.

Posts: 13085 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:

I have no desire to see Hoover wearing women's underwear.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4014 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
quote:

The files are stored in HELL. Maybe we can find a lawyer down there that has some influence and send up a copy. Wink

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
This isn't new, I've heard this before. At least that Hoover did everything he could to link civil rights leaders to the communists, sexual impropriety, etc.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37949 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
His rampant infidelity was no secret.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30398 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Old news is old.

Posts: 21092 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
MLK wasn't perfect, but who is? He actually tried to better his community and the country, and espoused some very good ideas. Sad part is he would probably be considered a right wing Uncle Tom by todays group of BLM terrorists because of his view on gays and his Christian beliefs.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just think how much better off the black community would be, and our country as a whole if MLK was still around vs Sharpton and Jackson...

Mongo only pawn in game of life...

Posts: 683 | Location: DFW | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I find the sexual deviances less troubling than the allegations he was a Communist. One does wonder just how much credence can be placed in those FBI statements made back then, though--JEH was a real vindictive bozo.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 41:

The files are stored in HELL. Maybe we can find a lawyer down there

Just the opposite of dogs, all dogs go to heaven. Guess where a lawyers and politicians go.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18387 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 41:
quote:

The files are stored in HELL. Maybe we can find a lawyer down there that has some influence and send up a copy. Wink

I believe they were in the custody of an ethnic protective association which engaged in fixing horse races in New York so Hoover could win his $10 bets.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:

Zoinks you want to see a meltdown....(like they had anything on him lol).

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
This will probably upset a few folks.

Posts: 27914 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Hoover was just another form of Joseph McCarthy. Don't get me wrong, he did some good things. He also kept dirt on EVERYBODY that might be useful to him in the future.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20317 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by olfuzzy:

The document's authors don't appear to verify any of the claims made against King . . .
So it's nothing more than unsubstantiated allegations.

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post