SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I Broke My Neck Three Weeks Ago And Got REALLY Lucky.
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I Broke My Neck Three Weeks Ago And Got REALLY Lucky. Login/Join 
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
See, I told you once, if I didn't tell you a thousand times, those snacks will kill you!

Very glad you survived and offering hope for a complete recovery. Glad your angel was watching out for you.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ouch! Congrats on being a lucky guy. Here’s to a speedy and full recovery.

My sister in law broke her neck while she was in college. A summer in a halo wasn’t her favorite thing ever but it did have its moments. We went to the X Games and a ton of dudes offered encouragement and told stories about how they broke their necks. We took her out for a drink for her 21st birthday and her friend came along in a knee brace. They made quite the duo at the bar.

Posts: 4273 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
You're lucky as hell! I'm glad you are going to be OK.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Somewhere an ED doc is telling his friends about a guy who drove to the hospital with an “internal decapitation” as Q said.
Thank God you are able to tell us about it, and we are able to laugh at what could/should have been a catastrophe.
Heal quickly, bytes!

Posts: 18016 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
That is so scary! I am so glad you're ok bytes and that you have a speedy recovery.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I'm glad you're still with us, Bytes. There's a wall at the base of my stairs, too, and I've stumbled a couple of times going down the stairs. Makes you more careful.

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dang that’s crazy. If you would have damaged your spinal cord at that level your wife would have found you dead at the bottom of the steps. Horrifically scary.

Posts: 3874 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
Dang! The craziest story I've heard up until now was my doctor telling me about a patient of hers out riding his mountain bike and took a spill. He knew his neck was broke. He managed to wedge his helmet in the rocks and scoot downward to apply traction until someone else came along. Fortunately, it ended as well for him as it did for you.

(That story convinced me to always wear my helmet!)

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3294 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I'm glad you're still with us, Bytes. There's a wall at the base of my stairs, too, and I've stumbled a couple of times going down the stairs. Makes you more careful.

Going up wasn't so bad for me. When I was going down I was so hot shit I didn't need a hand rail. 20-20 hind sight, I needed a hand rail Big Grin

Posts: 7523 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
Kinda glad you didn't go Dale on us.

On the other hand, with that C collar you're going to need some longer tires for that big neck of yours.

Posts: 4069 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
Wow. Scary as hell. And lucky. Congrats on still being here Smile

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5284 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
He is to a speedy recovery, glad your feeling period.

Posts: 1949 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
Do you not have neighbors close by? I’m glad you are alright, but jeezoman there is so much wrong with that. You drove yourself to the hospital?!? What if you had been injured even more than you realized? I think lucky just flat doesn’t begin to describe your situation. Eek

Again let me say that I am very glad you came through this as well as you have.

Posts: 12167 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
Somewhere an ED doc is telling his friends about a guy who drove to the hospital with an “internal decapitation” as Q said.
Thank God you are able to tell us about it, and we are able to laugh at what could/should have been a catastrophe.
Heal quickly, bytes!

No kidding.
Below C5 keep the diaphragm alive. That is one area that you do not mess with.
You are INCREDIBLY lucky B!

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3771 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayers for a quick and total recovery.

Posts: 1042 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by craglawnmanor:
Wow, Bytes! Eek

I'm glad you're mending! And especially glad that you were given the opportunity to mend!!

^^^^^
This!!!

Posts: 12434 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Your guardian angel was watching over you.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
Heal quickly, bytes!

No kidding, wow! Glad you are here with us today. Please add a rail and some grip tape or something!

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
Prayers Sent for healing and comfort.

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
Wow!! Hope your recovery goes well and you are back to normal soon.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post