SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I Broke My Neck Three Weeks Ago And Got REALLY Lucky.
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I Broke My Neck Three Weeks Ago And Got REALLY Lucky. Login/Join 
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Dang! Sorry to hear that this happened to you.

Prayer, and good thoughts for a complete, and speedy recovery, you lucky SOB.

Posts: 13678 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Best wishes on a full recovery. Injuries involving nerves take a lot of time to recover. Take it easy and be patient.

Posts: 17881 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Suppressed
posted Hide Post
My neighbor was painting the door at the top of his basement steps. He fell down the steps and was laying there with a head injury for two to three hours before his wife, who was on the second floor, found him. He died at the hospital.

I hope you heal quickly.

Posts: 3229 | Location: MD | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Glad that wasn't the disaster it could have been.

Get well.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Holy cow, what a story. Glad you're on the mend.

This type of accident is exactly why my wife and I each wear a Series 4 Apple Watch. It has fall detection. We are both 70 and have a fear of falling when we are alone.

A former co-worker, about 45, fell last year on an icy sidewalk outside a convenience store. He hit his head and was out for long enough that he nearly lost his fingers to frostbite. A Series 4 would have called 911 for him.

Get well,
Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4223 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
Wow Bytes glad the good lord was looking out for you.. Smile

Posts: 18032 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
You're really lucky your hauling yourself up those stairs and back down again didn't paralyze you.

Usually with spinal/neck injuries you aren't supposed to move or be moved except by experts. I watched a Good Samaritan get SCREAMED AT in his face by a paramedic after a car crash I witnessed while at a gas station. The Samaritan took it upon himself to drag the one injured person out of his car onto the curb. Eek

Posts: 33769 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
whoa. that's pretty scary.good you are still walking and on the mend

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
Wow, you lucked out big time. Hope your recuperation is short and your recovery is complete!

Posts: 4498 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mustang-PaPa:

Mustang, somebody was looking out for me or I just won a lottery. Probably both. Either way this was life changing for me. I hope you're doing well my friend.

Posts: 7546 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bytes:
quote:
Originally posted by Mustang-PaPa:

Mustang, somebody was looking out for me or I just won a lottery. Probably both. Either way this was life changing for me. I hope you're doing well my friend.

Thanks Bytes for all your help and for asking.
Guess it would be a little of both on your part. Can't help but think that for all the good and nice things you have done for me and others that you were getting some help in return.
Its been a very long road with all this mess but I just got home from having the drain pulled.
Still have some concerns about it being pulled with it still putting out 9-10ml a day but everyone in the know says its time for it to come out.
Was also a little alarmed to find out that I have a second and third psudosist of which one was 4cm as of a few weeks ago and my GI doc had never mentioned it and wasn't concerned about it. It just needs to be watched but from the time (2 months) of the drain being put in it had grown from 1cm to 4cm.
Anyway it feels good to finally be rid of all this mess hanging off my body... Smile

Posts: 18032 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
did the head ram thing about 9 months ago when I missed the last step in the basement with a giant basket of laundry, block walls are Hard!.
did not black out but I was moving slow getting up.
get well soon

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54604 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Man, that could have been a lot worse. Glad you're healing.
I've taken that face first ride down the hardwood stairs.... my foot was in a cast and I stepped wrongly. some part of me hit and actually snapped the wooden handrail, and I put good sized dents in the wallboard with both my heel and my head.

Luckily no part of me was broken... but I was bruised and sore for the best part of a week.

Stairs are dangerous, man. I've since installed LED strip lighting along the stair baseboards with a motion detector so they light up nicely at foot level.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
And here I was coming to complain about my leg boo-boo. Eek

Heal up, friend.

Posts: 45369 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sound and Fury
Picture of Dallas239
posted Hide Post
Glad it was not your time. Sending best wishes for a speedy recovery!

"I've spoken of the shining city all my political life, but I don't know if I ever quite communicated what I saw when I said it. But in my mind it was a tall proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, wind-swept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace, a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity, and if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here." -- Ronald Reagan, Farewell Address, Jan. 11, 1989

Si vis pacem para bellum
There are none so blind as those who refuse to see.
Feeding Trolls Since 1995

Posts: 18039 | Registered: February 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I’ll say you were lucky, your injuries are way high up in the C-spine. My neck is a mess from being bucked off my horse, hard, 35 years ago. I can live with it, but arthritis and disc degeneration is a literal pain in the neck. Still, you made it, you can feel your legs, and you can hold your wife and kids. Life is good

Posts: 13237 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
So happy you’re here typing this to us bytes. Heal quickly brother.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Damn man, heal up quick!

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34108 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
Still, you made it, you can feel your legs, and you can hold your wife and kids. Life is good

That is the first thing I think when I wake up in the morning laying next to my wife. Life is very good.

Posts: 7546 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Don't know how I missed this thread before.... Glad you are still with us, brother! How's your hyoid bone? Big Grin

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29683 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post