SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    OANN : One America News Network
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

OANN : One America News Network Login/Join 
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
Did anyone read the twitter comment right below Brian Stelter’s tweet in the Mark Dice video Para linked? Big Grin

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9144 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bigbuck5
posted Hide Post
If anyone wants to give OANN a try for seven days, here is a link: https://www.klowdtv.com/home.ktv Since my earlier comments in this thread, we have subscribed via Roku for $5 a month. For us it's worth it. I like that the news loop is short, usually about fifteen minutes. Also, the evening shows are quite good. I especially like Liz Wheeler.

Posts: 349 | Location: Guatemala | Registered: January 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
Did anyone read the twitter comment right below Brian Stelter’s tweet in the Mark Dice video Para linked? Big Grin

Hehe...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Balzé Halzé,

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:

"You sound jealous, bitch tits"

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Not available on Spectrum here in Dallas.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
OANN is actual news. Thanks for bringing it up here Para.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I discovered it in the channel lineup here in my hotel in Houston

its very good, reporting from several sources and pretty even coverage

a refreshing change

wish Dish Networks carried it

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been reading the OANN website since Para first brought it up. Thanks Para.

I love how the (D) leadership always wants to shut down speech they disagree with. They wouldn't stick with that theme unless their voters wanted them too.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
I recently switched form Dish to AT&T and was pleasantly surprised to find OANN.
I enjoy watching all the news again not just the same old, same old, FOX has been dishing out for years.
I watch FOX business and OANN now.I don't mind the FOX regulars but have to turn off the evening broadcasts. Tuckers whinny voice, Ingrams fake persona, and Hannitys preaching to the choir are more than I can stand. Fox and friends crew is intolerable.
On FOX business Kennedy is enjoyable.

Posts: 4609 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HighZonie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rsbolo:
OANN is actual news. Thanks for bringing it up here Para.

================================================

Big Thanks Para - - I love it!

* Diligentia Vis Celeritis *
"Thus those skilled in war subdue the enemy's army without battle .... They conquer by strategy."
- Sun Tsu - The Art of War

"Fast is Fine, but Accuracy is Everything" - Wyatt Earp

Posts: 2900 | Location: Arizona Highlands - Pine Tree Country | Registered: March 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum's Official
Metalhead
Picture of DTREND75
posted Hide Post
Been watching them for a few years now

Sensitive and caring since August 2009

Some people are like a Slinky....not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.

Posts: 3808 | Location: PSST! Look behind you! | Registered: July 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You can see that they're doing some heavy lifting that even Fox won't do.

OANN doxxes the doxxer

You can bet your bottom dollar that the Daily Beast "reporter" is not at all happy about OANN's report, but he flat-out asked for it, didn't he? He used his position to harass a private citizen- and got it wrong in the process. And unlike the private citizen who was doxxed, this asshole actually did commit serious crimes.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107258 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I somehow missed this thread when it started. My friend ersatzknarf turned me on to it. Great news channel.

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Have you had enough of FoxNews? I have.

One America News Network

Where to watch

....Take a look. It ain't slick. I've had enough of slick. I want the truth.

Thanks for posting this because I never heard of OANN, heck in all honesty I seldom turn my TV on.... I can't recall the last time I did but I don't think more than twice so far this year. Anyway I subscribe to the basic DISH package for $30 a month and in checking see it's not available on my package so I just now called DISH to see about adding OANN. She told me OANN is not available at all on DISH. So I said ok cancel effective today, send me a bill for any remaining money I might owe, and I'll buy my programing from another source.... one that offers OANN. She said she understood and would pass on the reason I canceled.
If Direct offers OANN on their $30 basic package I'll pick them up otherwise I'll just forgo TV completely.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7039 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I like OAN, but there are three things I wish they'd change:

• Execrable audio quality
  • Subscription mechanism
  • Pre-empting news coverage for the current Trump appearance

The audio quality item is self-explanatory.

Their subscription mechanism. We're paying $5/mo. for access with our Amazon Fire TVs. There is no Android TV client, but, if there was we'd have to pay another $5/mo. to have it on those, as well. Same if we had any Apple TV devices.

The Trump appearances. They claim to supply pure, unbiased news coverage, but if Trump's appearing just about anywhere, they'll drop everything to cover it, live. If they keep that up into the 2020 election cycle I'll probably dump them. I like Trump well enough, but I'm paying for news, not All The Trump, All The Time.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:
I somehow missed this thread when it started. My friend ersatzknarf turned me on to it. Great news channel.

Big Grin

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
  • Execrable audio quality
  • Hey, they're on a budget. Razz

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Nullus Anxietas
    Picture of ensigmatic
    posted Hide Post
    Just cancelled OAN. I signed up for a news channel, not an All Trump All The Time propaganda channel. Tonight they did it again: Pre-empted news for Yet Another Trump Appearance. Plus they've added adverts and have been increasing their frequency and length.

Enough.

Can't tolerate the network "news" any more. So I guess it'll be no news.

(I think they have improved their audio quality a bit, though. Either that or I just got used to it.)

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
    "If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Peace through
    superior firepower
    Picture of parabellum
    posted Hide Post
    Congratulations

quarter MOA visionary
    Picture of smschulz
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Pre-empted news for Yet Another Trump Appearance.

Seems to me that would be a good thing. Cool

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post