SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    OANN : One America News Network
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

OANN : One America News Network Login/Join 
Picture of ftttu
posted Hide Post
I'm forced to watch Fox News at my in-law's house on Sundays, but when I desire national/international news on TV at home, I only watch OAN.

Even so, I get my regular national/international news on the foxnews.com site...I just can't force myself to watch it on TV.

Retired Texas Lawman, now active reserve

Posts: 1160 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bigbuck5
posted Hide Post
It is available on Roku, however it is a $4.99 monthly subscription. I found it by searching the channel store. OANN won't work in the search. You have to type out the whole name. I use the app on my phone. Pretty good reporting.

Posts: 349 | Location: Guatemala | Registered: January 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
is the $5 a month subscription worth it?

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bigbuck5
posted Hide Post
I really don't know. I only did a search in the channel store to see if it was available. Currently, I only use the app on my phone. Sorry I can't be more help. Maybe someone who watches it thru their cable subscription could answer.

Posts: 349 | Location: Guatemala | Registered: January 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
going to get a subscription today if they can answer a few questions first

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Watching OAN for a few days now and I'm amazed how many things are going on in the country and world.

Posts: 10824 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I signed up for OAN a few days ago.
WOW! Real news coverage!
It is actually shocking to see unbiased national news!

"Crom is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, 'What is the riddle of steel?' If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me."

Posts: 6641 | Registered: September 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Is the online subscription (through Prime/Fire) any more informative than the (free) OAN website? What is the benefit?

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
Is the online subscription (through Prime/Fire) any more informative than the (free) OAN website? What is the benefit?

I don't know how they compare. I signed up through ROKU. On ROKU is is a "streaming channel", not a website.
News coverage + opinion/commentator shows; much like Fox News used to be.

"Crom is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, 'What is the riddle of steel?' If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me."

Posts: 6641 | Registered: September 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GGF
posted Hide Post
Had not heard of OAN 'til this thread.
Programed my Direct TV to channel 347 and a show called The Daily Ledger is on now.
Gonna' give it a watch.

GGF Cool

Posts: 698 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
You can watch on a variety of devices via klowdtv.com . Military can get it for free. Non-military for $4.99/month.
Per the website, it's only free for military folks stationed outside the U.S.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107265 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
"Meanwhile, my youtube channel contiues to get about a 1/3 of the viewers of CNN's primetime shows. I'm just a guy on a laptop in my kitchen!"

Nice.

Posts: 10824 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I would not say I want out of FOX News completely but this is worth a shot.

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm almost always late to the party, but, at least this time, I'm not the only one unfamiliar with OANN.

But, I've bookmarked it and will have the computer open with it to check it out.Don't get it on my cable provider (Brighthouse-Spectrum) but I've been considering changing anyway. Fios gets it and IF they are in my area, I may switch.

Bob

Posts: 1559 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
This is Spectrum's channel request link:

https://www.spectrum.com/channelrequests

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5643 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I just wish OAN would get with the 21st Century and:

1. Implement their own subscription system so if one has a variety of streaming devices, they don't have to pay $5/month per device type.
  2. Release an Android TV app

I also wish they'd rein-in the practice of broadcasting Every Last Trump Event in real time, often pre-empting news coverage. It's One America News, not One America Trump Network. They advertise "just the unbiased news," then regularly preempt the news for Trump campaign coverage.

TBH: Much as I like OAN: If Fox came along with a $5/mo. streaming subscription model, and addressed my two subscription/technical issues, I'd drop OAN in a heartbeat.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Ledger fan here. Stop the tape!!

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5681 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
OANN also has an iPhone app, which I’ve been using for a year now. Fox News rudder is clearly being steered by the sons on a port heading.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HighZonie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patw:
I use to watch it all of the time but my provider doesn't carry it anymore.

==============================================
^^^^^^
Same situation here.

You Tube Link >>> https://www.youtube.com/user/1americanews

Para gave a You Tube link - I'm going to try to watch it that way.

* Diligentia Vis Celeritis *
"Thus those skilled in war subdue the enemy's army without battle .... They conquer by strategy."
- Sun Tsu - The Art of War

"Fast is Fine, but Accuracy is Everything" - Wyatt Earp

Posts: 2900 | Location: Arizona Highlands - Pine Tree Country | Registered: March 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post