SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    OANN : One America News Network
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

OANN : One America News Network Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted

Posts: 107258 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
Been watching for a while. Nice alternative to the usual suspects.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3771 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:

That is about the only news channel we watch! And their work seems to be maturing pretty well.

The Mrs watches Fox Business to watch the market. And I like to watch Dobbs and Varney.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
Thank you.
I just booked marked it on my computer. I had never heard of them before today.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2553 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Para. I wasn't aware of that channel.
I'm going to check it out on DirecTV.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16488 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Thank you, Para,

I have been attempting to find some type of 'news' that is not simply a biased version of the company's political views. I'll be checking this out!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Pretty much all I watch. I love the lack of commercials, most time they break for small patriotic or historical blurb, then come back.

The coverage is sans all the normal outrage, bias, progressiveness, and bullshit of all the others (Fox included, but to a lesser degree).

I hope they succeed.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use to watch it all of the time but my provider doesn't carry it anymore.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Definitely my go to station for about a year or so.

...that I will support
and defend...

Posts: 870 | Location: Northern VA | Registered: July 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
I don't see it on my DirecTV package.
From the "Where to Watch" link Para posted, it shows that it should be on 208 or 1208 in WI, but 208 is an ESPN channel, and 1208 is an On Demand channel. Confused

I've bookmarked their website at least.

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
It's 347 on my DirecTv in NC.

I haven't watched it much but I do read it online. They seem to pull a lot of stories from Reuters which is very anti-Trump. Stories from their own reporters are good though.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Thank you, Para,

I have been attempting to find some type of 'news' that is not simply a biased version of the company's political views. I'll be checking this out!

And the good news is that they have VERY LITTLE advertising!!!1

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Thank you, Para,

And the good news is that they have VERY LITTLE advertising!!!1

Their webpage is the cleanest, least amount of bullshit of all the news websites. They don't have as much content, but what is there is well written & not clickbait - it's becoming my go-to.

Posts: 3297 | Location: IN | Registered: January 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
So I clicked on a story on the sidebar....

WATCH: Democrat Sen. Claire McCaskill Faces Backlash Over Russian Ties

September 8, 2017
OAN Newsroom

A GOP super PAC nicknames Democrat Senator Claire McCaskill as “Comrade Claire.”

One America’s Kristian Rouz has the story.

http://www.oann.com/watch-demo...h-over-russian-ties/

I like!
Big Grin

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23945 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
It's 347 on my DirecTv in NC. ...

Lo, and behold, it's on 347 here too.
But, apparently, it's in a different package, because it says I have to order a different package to get the channel.

I did a search at the DirecTV site for News channels, and came up with nothing for my search terms. It showed ABC, MSNBC, Fox, etc., even Bloomberg, but not OAN.

My channel package is grandfathered in, and contains the NHL network, which would disappear if I switched packages.

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
1208 on Uuverse in Raleigh area.

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
My buddy turned us on to this channel while visiting him in Oregon earlier this summer. He was a Fox News viewer for years until the election last year. He hasn't watched Fox since.

After watching OANN for 3 days, I was convinced this is the only channel worth watching for NEWS. Real, honest-to-goodness news. We don't have it on our cable package, but will hopefully get it in our next house.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Browndrake
posted Hide Post
My wife discovered this breath of fresh air a year or two ago. Ever since it has become the main source of television news in our household. I really like the little pieces they do on American history. It is head and shoulders better than Fox. Their anchors may not be as polished, but the content is vastly better.

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
- 1 Corinthians 16:13-14

Posts: 884 | Location: Southwest Michigan | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Does not appear to be available on BrightHouse / Charter / Spectrum / Whatever they're calling themselves this week cable. Frown

The cable provider has a request form; I did enter a request. Probably fall on deaf ears.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
We have direcTV on the ship and we do have OANN. When FNC stuck that annoying clown Shep on this morning to cover the hurricane (for apparently all day) I immediately turned the channel. I ended up coincidentally on channel 347.

Fox News has indeed been grinding on me for quite awhile now. I welcomed the change,

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post