SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Belleville 790 boots.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Belleville 790 boots. Login/Join 
Knowing a thing or two
about a thing or two
Picture of hray
posted
Guys I bought a pair of belleville 790V with the gore-tex lining to use as a general purpose recreation boot and hunt with when not using my Muck boots (they can be warm). These https://smile.amazon.com/gp/pr...00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Wore them around today and quite impressed with the comfort of em. I've never owned a roughed out leather boot as I was issued boon dockers in the Navy and my station boots are black leather. I'm seeking some input on whether you use some silicone water repellent spray on them or not. Any thoughts, I would appreciate it. Belleville's web sight makes no mention of it but have read some guys do it. Thanks Ray

P226 NSWG
P220 W. German
P239 SAS gen2
P6 1980 W. German
P228 Nickel
P365XL
M400 SRP

Posts: 1139 | Location: South Miami Dade | Registered: May 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ken226
posted Hide Post
I've worn the same pair of Belleville 790s for 5 years. Resoled once at the 2-1/2 year point with Ripple Soles from Dabootshop in Ft Bragg, NC.

They're lighter than the Danner Acadias I used before, and likely not as tough, but thats just a guess because i still have both pairs.

When i know ahead of time im going for a long walk, i go fore the 790s because they're much lighter.

ETA: Ive never added anything for waterproofing. Ive never needed it.

Posts: 1563 | Location: WA | Registered: December 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sauer Kraut
posted Hide Post
I wear Belleville 690 or 790 boots almost every day and have since 2005. Wear Danners sometime but definitely prefer the Bellevilles. They are good boots and made in the US. With the Gortex lining I've never done anything else to them for water proofing. They can get really wet and still keep your feet dry. I just give them a few days to dry and brush them with a suede brush.

Posts: 728 | Location: Middle (of nowhere) Georgia  | Registered: December 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't put anything on those boots, they're good to go 24x7 in any condition into perpetuity.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8675 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm a 390 wearer myself, but I might have a pair of 790s in an "A" bag.

The gortex will handle the waterproofing, I wouldn't put anything else on.

Posts: 4585 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knowing a thing or two
about a thing or two
Picture of hray
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies, I know the gore-tex was the waterproofing just didn't know if the roughed out leather needed treating like smooth leather boots with kiwi polish. Ray

P226 NSWG
P220 W. German
P239 SAS gen2
P6 1980 W. German
P228 Nickel
P365XL
M400 SRP

Posts: 1139 | Location: South Miami Dade | Registered: May 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post