SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Unicorns, Sex, And Grail Guns
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Unicorns, Sex, And Grail Guns Login/Join 
No Compromise
posted
Many of us have diverse firearms collections. Some of us even have rare, valuable, or collectable firearm examples that are above the norm. Even if you don’t have anything particularly valuable, what in your collection is the most odd unicorn, sexiest firearm, or grail gun you hope to own?

1) Unicorns. Do you own an HK P11 Underwater Pistol? Do you have a Lefaucheux 20-Round Double-Barreled Revolver? An APS Underwater Assault Rifle maybe? An actual Arsenal Firearms Double Barrel 1911 perhaps? Possibly you have nothing really odd at all. Of the firearms you own or have owned, what is the most oddball firearm you’ve had?

2) Sex. What is the flat out sexiest firearm you have ever owned? Is it the Walther PPK, ‘cause that’s what James Bond used? Maybe The South African VEKTOR CP-1, ‘cause you’re into space guns? Perchance a LAR Grizzly, ‘cause you can, uh, take down, um, Grizzlies, with it, and stuff? What gets your juices flowing?

3) Grail Guns. What is the most sought after firearm you would like to add to your collection? I’m not talking about anything that is made of unobtainium from the planet Pandora, or anything. Realistically, what would you seriously like to add to your collection?

Pics if you got ‘em!

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Can only answer #2.

For me it's a stainless P232 (because my hands are too big for Mr bond Bond's Walther without getting bit).

Edit

Actually I can answer #3 also: a Ruger KP89DC which can shoot as accurately as my KP90DC (hit quarter size dots at 20 yards all day long)

When I was asking about it, people on forums said it ain't gonna h happen unless I get lucky. They (and I think a user by the name of "Parabellum" on the old Ruger forum pointed me toward the P226

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Hmm.

- Most oddball I've ever owned. Perhaps the AMT Automag III

- Sexiest? I think I've got lots of sexy guns, just sexy in different ways. Colt Python, Swiss Arms P210, AI AE, Maunz Match Rifle, P7M8, Sr-15, yeah I can't pick "sexiest."

- Grail is easy. If I could, I'd buy a WA2000. I can think of other moonshots, but that's the top of the list.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
1) nothing in my collection fits here.

2) Most likely my best entry here would be this.
I had this rifle custom made for the gf. Apparently it's nifty enough that someone did an article on it Smile

3) Too many things on this list...
If I had to single something out.. maybe a 50BMG.
So stupidly unpractical for me tho lol...

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1524 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Oddball? That would be the P7. But I'm talking about the P7 before the PD trades came in. Nobody was familiar with them and a gas piston pistol was crazy odd. Rarest of them was the P7E (marked that way on the slide).

Sexiest? To me, my old Colt SAA in .45LC

Grail? I had a pre-war model 1911A1 that was minty. Oh how I wish I'd have kept that one. Truly the only gun I regret selling.

Posts: 11355 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1. Hardly a Unicorn, but I own an original Springfield Trap Door 45-70 in about perfect condition.

2. Pre-war PPK in 7.65mm, not sexy because none of the women I have dated since I got it think guns are sexy, so what's the good in that? Wink

3. Grail gun? I'm still lusting after a P229 or 229R in .357Sig. After all these years on the forum, I still haven't run across one I could afford, though I came close a couple months ago. Maybe my Grail should be a winning Lottery ticket so I could afford just a basic 229, new or used. And an Aston Martin DB-5. Cool

3a. On further reflection, here's a Grail Gun I really lust after. Swedish K:

This message has been edited. Last edited by: newtoSig765,

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
I forgot to add my picks.

1) Unicorn. I once owned a Bushmaster Bullpup 17s. It was as ugly as the day is long. It shot pretty much as you'd expect. Firing it was not pretty.

2) Sex Appeal. I am in love with many HK designs, but the P7M8 is really a work of art. There are sexier firearms out there, but the P7 just does it for me.

3) Grail gun. I don't want a Gyro-Jet, or fully automatic Berretta 93R (3 rnd burst?), or anything. I just want a plain pre/war era 1911 (Singer, maybe?) My tastes are simple.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
The coolest pistol I have had was an H&K P7.

I think about it from time to time, with "seller's regret." A forum member bought it from me.

I really liked the pistol, but it was too different from my SIGs, and I found myself making mistakes at the range -- my SIG habits would try, unsuccessfully, to carry over to the P7, and vice versa.

I am an Old Dog and have trouble learning New Tricks. I regretfully decided that I needed to stick with one type of operation, so I went with the SIG traditional DA / SA, which worked fine, and then I added a P938. Not really a problem, but from time to time I find right thumb working a non-existent safety on the DA / SA pistols.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
1) No unicorns or even close.

2) P230

3) X-5, any/all of them. B&W and AA first, then the more exotic ones.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20757 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
SAR-4800 5.56mm FAL by rarity, SIG AMT by cost.

FN P-35 internal extractor without takedown dimple, very clean slide profile.

SIG PE57, I lust for one of those ugly contraptions. I'm more interested in drooling over NVD at the moment, so my poor mans AMT will likely be as close as I get.

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted Hide Post
Coolest guns I have?- My Auto-Mags in 357 and 44 Mag. The most “sexy” gun? (How can a piece of metal be sexy) is of course my model 96 Mauser Brooms.

Never be more than one step away from your sword-Old Greek Wisdom

Posts: 2294 | Location: SE Mich-- USA | Registered: September 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I don't know man I
just got here myself
Picture of mrw
posted Hide Post
1) Jennings .22. Stupid little bastard of a gun

2) My dad's Colt Python

3) Sig MPX

mrw

Hand Made Custom Knives
www.sandownforge.com

Posts: 1736 | Location: Gulf Coast Florida | Registered: June 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
1. Not rare but my K31 Swiss is one I had a hard time finding.

2. Beretta 92 is the only "pretty" one I own.

3. M1 Garand made by IHC would be one I'd like to own some day.

Posts: 10729 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Unicorn: Would probably be my LAR Grizzly pistol. More precisely, the unicorn is a 9mm win mag conversion kit made for that gun but never released for sale. From what Perry Arnett told me there were only three 9mm win mag kits produced. One was destroyed in testing. One sits on his desk and the other is in my possession.

Sexy: I have several I think of as sexy, but I think the 220 Sport is my sexiest.

Grail: Hard to choose since my appetites are fickle. I think the one I've wanted the longest is a PSG1

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29608 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I don’t think it would fit into any of the offered categories, but, my grandfather brought home the cruciform bayonet and scabbard for an 1886 Lebel from WWI. I’ve always kinda wanted a rifle to fit the bayonet.

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Unicorns, Sex, And Grail Guns

CLICK BAIT! CLICK BAIT! Razz

Q

Posts: 26204 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not impressive compared to much of what I see on here, but my 7-shot 686-4 is my sexy grail unicorn, all in one; to me. My Rhodesian FAL is my long gun sex machine!

Posts: 1700 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Unicorn: 6" Colt Python. Sold it.
Sex: Tangent sight, slotted Hi-Power.
Grail: MP5SD.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31382 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sock Eating Golden
posted Hide Post
I'm in.

Unicoron: I stumbled upon a pre WWII Marlin Model 90 in 16 gauge. Priced at $280, I snagged it up as I'd always wanted a double gun in the safe. It wasn't till after I got home and started research on it that I found out just how sought after the 16 gauge is in the Model 90. Same condition guns will sell at $300 for the 12 Gauge and $650+ for the 16 gauge. It has become a prized part of my collection, and has brought many pheasant to the table.

Sexy: Pre-rail P226. There is just something about the lines of a classic P-series Sig.

Grail: ... I'm actually pretty content with my collection currently. Smallish, but everything I have has a purpose.
If anything was a grail gun I'd like to have Smith & Wesson's Performance Center run their work through a M&P 340. That would make a sweet carry gun.

Nick

"I cannot imagine any condition which would cause a ship to founder. I cannot conceive of any vital disaster happening to this vessel. Modern shipbuilding has gone beyond that."
-Capt. Edward Smith

Posts: 5795 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: November 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
Unicorn - Smith & Wesson 627-2 5" barrel 6 shot revolver, supposedly 1 of 12, "Parts Guns".

Sexiest - Colt Signature Series 1836 Navy revolver.

Grail - Smith & Wesson 617 4" 10 shot cylinder no lock.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11749 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post