SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    One of the best investments for cars
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

One of the best investments for cars Login/Join 
posted
One of the best investments I made for me and my cars lately was getting a hand held code reader. I always told myself I would get one eventually and did so about a couple weeks ago. What a life and money saver it has been. It has saved me numerous trips to the repair shop,which can get pretty expensive for just a diagnosis, or auto part stores,(which do it for free but if your car is not running, you can't get there).

I wound up getting one at,of all places, Harbor Freight, just to see if it was worth while in getting a better one eventually. I bought a Zurich OBD2-ZR11 unit and so far I have been impressed with how it performs and how easy it is to use and read. It was on the shelf for $160.00 and was one of their better ones, if you can call it that. I wound up getting it for $125.00 with a coupon the cashier had,( I didn't even know it was on sale). It tells you the code but it also tells you in plain English what the problem(s) could be.

I have used it many times so far on mine, my families/friends cars and even a couple strangers, who happened to be where I was at the time helping a couple friends with their vehicles. Anyway, they are a great investment,at least for me and for a starter unit, I can't complain.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I'm a huge fan of BlueDriver. It has come in handy many many times with all my vehicles, reads and clears every possible code, repair reports and recommended fixes, has live data displays, super compact since your smart phone is the interface...just perfect.

https://www.bluedriver.com/

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
I'm a huge fan of BlueDriver. It has come in handy many many times with all my vehicles, reads and clears every possible code, repair reports and recommended fixes, has live data displays, super compact since your smart phone is the interface...just perfect.

https://www.bluedriver.com/

2nd for bluedriver. Helped me to diagnose an ignition issue the dealership said was non existent.

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I bought one similar to yours two weeks ago.

There is a manufacturer specific diagnostic scanner that I may get someday. Which ever day that I have $3,000 laying around that I'm not really doing anything with...

So, yeah, the Zurich ZR13 scanner works great!

Posts: 9142 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Will that bluedriver turn off trouble lights on the dash?

Posts: 3446 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post