SIGforum
Random thread about nothing....

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/8940043464

December 15, 2019, 12:24 PM
Ronin1069
Random thread about nothing....
Okay, here is my thought. Sometimes I'd like to post something that is not really worth creating a thread about, but still feel like sharing. Maybe a minor success, or even a silly rant that's not really putting in the other section, but I still want to vent a bit.

Ideally that's what this thread is about and for.
Hoping Para will give it a chance and see what happens....

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
December 15, 2019, 12:25 PM
Ronin1069
Happiness is....

Getting home from the gym Sunday morning after an especially tough and unmotivating work out, and greeted at the door by your 16 year old son who fist bumps you and tells you he's proud of the progress you've made on your body.

Wow. Sometimes being a parent is really cool.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
December 15, 2019, 12:25 PM
So, this thread is about nothing. Should be very successful. Wink

Q

December 15, 2019, 12:31 PM
RHINOWSO

December 15, 2019, 12:50 PM
Ripley
Frozen Eggo picnic...

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.
December 15, 2019, 01:12 PM
TMats
Sorry friend. Here is my prediction for this thread...and on a more positive note—my contribution

December 15, 2019, 01:25 PM
SpinZone
~

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

December 15, 2019, 01:25 PM
Ronin1069
Not exactly my intent, but you get the bit. Just one thread of random and harmless meaningless fun. Let’s give it a chance!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
December 15, 2019, 01:27 PM
Skins2881
I love the idea. My sports talk radio station I listen to has a segment called "Winning off the Field", it's a jab at Redskins GM Bruce Allen, who famously said, "We are winning off the field, but we gotta start winning on the field."

The segment requires callers to name a tiny victory they had. Nothing like birth of first child; getting engaged; huge promotion; or first home purchase. Those are winning on the field. Winning off the field are things like: Getting a large fry at the drive thru instead of the small you ordered; pizza getting delivered hot and made well; annoying person at work calling in sick; just making the red light to keep you from being late to work; someone was polite to you; you witnessed instant karma justice somehow.

I love listening to people's small victories.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis
December 15, 2019, 01:36 PM
Skins2881
Here's my contribution not worth starting a "What's you deal" thread.

Washed my car today, went for a spin to fling most of the water off before I dried it. They happened to salt the road for no reason. 55 degrees out, no rain expected for two more days, no below freezing temps for the next three days.

WTF VDOT? Why are you wasting my money putting salt down and wasting my efforts at cleaning my car. Well off to go take my car to car wash so I can get under body wash. Frown

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis
December 15, 2019, 01:38 PM
fpuhan
Isn't that what "The Lounge" is all about?

I read a lot of threads about nothing there.

<ducking and running>

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member
December 15, 2019, 01:39 PM
ArtieS
I have a dog and two cats. They are fed in separate bowls, in the kitchen, at the same time. The cats are fed 1/2 can of soft, and a bit of kibble. One cat loves to steal the second cat's kibble.

This morning, the greedy cat went to steal the quiet cat's kibble before he finished his own, and the dog cleaned his bowl for him.

He was left sitting in front of the fridge with this "fuck me, I lost this one" look on his face while the quiet cat finished, and the dog wondered off for a pee outside.

I thought it was hilarious.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.
December 15, 2019, 01:41 PM
ugeesta
If you have a bathroom in your house that does not get used, make sure to run the water in each sink/stool/shower to prevent the water in the p-trap from evaporating.

Doing so will keep the sewer gasses in the sewer and not in your house.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.
December 15, 2019, 01:41 PM
Rolan_Kraps
I took the dogs to the "Bark Park" today. Fun time with the girl friend and our dogs.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home
December 15, 2019, 01:49 PM
TomV
This thread reminded me of my favorite Seinfeld episode....
December 15, 2019, 01:52 PM
Ronin1069
quote:
Originally posted by Rolan_Kraps:
I took the dogs to the "Bark Park" today. Fun time with the girl friend and our dogs.

Nice! I miss having a pup to take to the park.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
December 15, 2019, 02:02 PM
bald1
While working I always enjoyed a hot lather shave using my best silvertip badger brush, Geo F Trumper shaving cream, and vintage injector razor with Schick Platinum blades. Granted since I have had a beard since my earliest Navy days, we're talking neck, cheeks, and my bald head only. Smile

But I must say in retirement I take great pleasure in foregoing that ritual and letting my neck and cheek hair run wild. I'll use my beard trimmer on my neck every so often and of course will continue to wack stray hairs on the top of my head when needed.

Retirement is having no rules. Do whatever I want, whenever I want.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192
December 15, 2019, 02:07 PM
bendable
Got it

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bendable,

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first
December 15, 2019, 02:25 PM
vthoky
A relatively small home repair job today turned into an epic festival of foulness, words spouting forth that would certainly have Mom turning me over her knee (even at this age!). My dear mother would not have been proud of me in that moment.

Having taken a moment to cool off, my better thought was, "may the jerks who built this house and their families have a very Merry Christmas. And may I never have opportunity to meet them."

Cool

God bless America.
December 15, 2019, 02:29 PM
Ronin1069
Speaking of Christmas. Because of my recent divorce I was tempted not to mess around with Christmas deco this season. Out of curiosity I asked my kids if they cared...they do, actually. Christas is going ‘up’ as I write this.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ