SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..."
Page 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 620
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." Login/Join 
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Can just imagine his first meeting writhing with Putin, "well as you know, I was born in fire, right there defending mother Russia from them Natzis in '44. You should be grateful you have me, now let me introduce you to my [unemployed] son. What? No, he doesn't even like coke. He's more a corn pop man."

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Didn’t he earn the nickname Xerox during the 1988 campaign because of his plagerism (sp?)?

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
I liked the 60 Minutes interview on Sunday and the tax cuts. How the middle class got a negligible cut. Estimates are between 1200-2000 grand per year.

The excerpt:Norah O'Donnell: You've said you would repeal all of Trump's tax cuts. But do you mean just for the wealthy or for the middle class too because Trump did give the middle class a tax cut?

Joe Biden: Well, Trump gave the middle class a tax cut that was negligible. The fact is that what we should be doing is making sure that the wealthy pay their fair share.

Negligible? I wish that during the Obama years before I retired that had been in effect. That would have offset how much more my health insurance premiums rose and the changes to my coverages that cost me more out of pocket.

What will be considered "wealthy"? Us? Hell, one of Bernie's houses is worth more than our total net assets. Because we are not up to our asses in debt are we considered wealthy even though both of us are on SS and I work part time?

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8066 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Biden has lost Axlerod

Axelrod: Biden in ‘Candidate-Protection Program’

https://freebeacon.com/politic...-protection-program/

Former Obama White House adviser David Axelrod knocked Joe Biden, saying he is in the "candidate-protection program" and criticizing Biden's "bewildering" treatment of the controversy surrounding his son.

Interviewed for a new profile of the Biden campaign, Axelrod told New York magazine that the protective cocoon the former vice president's team has placed around him is a sign of weakness.

"They have him in the candidate-protection program," Axelrod said. "I don't know if you can do that. I don't know if you can get through a whole campaign that way. Either he can hack it or he can't hack it. If you're worried the candidate can hurt himself talking to a reporter, that's a bad sign."

Axelrod said there is a "sense of hanging on" in his candidacy that is troubling. Biden remains atop the majority of primary polls but has Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D., Mass.) close on his heels.

"Perhaps he can [hang on],"Axelrod said. "But that's generally not the way the physics of these things work. Generally, you're either moving up or moving down. Warren is clearly moving up. There's no sign that he is."

Axelrod's comments were not the worst criticism Biden received in the profile.

"He has no center. He's literally only a politician," said an anonymous person, described as close to the Biden family. "Biden is fundamentally a toadie. He's just political. He needs to kiss ass? He'll kiss ass."

Since launching his campaign in April, Biden has largely shunned interviews. However, he appeared on 60 Minutes Sunday night, discussing the 2020 race, why he claims he told Barack Obama he did not want his endorsement, and his son Hunter Biden's controversial role at a Ukrainian gas company.

The elder Biden again forcefully defended his son, saying he hadn't done a "single thing wrong" in taking a lucrative position with the company while his father oversaw U.S. policy on Ukraine. Biden previously said he was "proud" of his son's decision making, even after Hunter told ABC News he'd exhibited "poor judgment."

Axelrod told New York that he did not understand Biden's continued defense of his son's actions.

"It's sort of bewildering. I guess I understand it from a familial, psychological sense. It would just be so much better if he stated the obvious: Even Hunter has said he exercised poor judgment. He won’t even say what his kid said," Axelrod said. "It's an obvious question as to why the rules that he's going to apply in the future didn't apply in the past."

Axelrod added that Biden "can be stubborn" and his "stubbornness is showing here."

Despite serving in the Obama administration, Axelrod hasn't backed off criticizing Biden. He has said Biden "serially" distorts his own record, and that Biden's flip-flop on the Hyde Amendment earlier this year underscored concerns about whether he could survive a campaign. Axelrod also mocked Biden's celebration of "Best Friends Day" when he tweeted a picture of his friendship bracelet with Obama.

Posts: 12577 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Biden's new PAC is being run by a registered foreign agent for Azerbaijan.

https://thefederalist.com/2019...agent/#disqus_thread

October 29, 2019 By Sean Davis

Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden has a brand new Super PAC in his corner, and it’s being run by a registered foreign agent for the government of Azerbaijan. Larry Rasky, a lobbyist who previously worked as a top campaign operative for Biden, is listed as the treasurer of the PAC, according to records filed with the Federal Election Commission (FEC).

“A former Joe Biden aide has filed paperwork to form a super PAC, called Unite the Country, that is set to boost the former vice president with millions of dollars in spending in the 2020 Democratic presidential primary,” Politico reported on Tuesday.

Records filed with the Department of Justice show that Rasky is also a registered foreign agent lobbying on behalf of the government of Azerbaijan. The records, which were filed pursuant to the Foreign Agent Registration Act, show that Rasky was hired by the Azerbaijani government on April 23, 2019. Federal documents signed by Rasky show that he reports directly to Elin Suleymanov, Azerbaijan’s ambassador to the United States.

“[The government of Azerbaijan] will pay RASKY a minimum monthly non-refundable fee (the ‘Monthly Fee’) for the Services provided of $15,000 per month, plus a 5% administrative fee as described below,” Rasky’s contract with the foreign government states. “The Monthly Fees totaling $94,500 shall be paid in two equal installments. The initial payment of $47,250 is due upon the signing of this agreement. The second payment of $47,250 is due on July 15, 2019.”

Rasky changed the name of the PAC from “For The People” to “Unite the Country” on Monday, according to FEC filings. The filings do not state which country Rasky intends to unite on Biden’s behalf.

Politico reported in August that Rasky also explored going into business with Hunter Biden and James Biden, the former vice president’s younger brother. At one point, Rasky planned to provide a million dollars towards the Bidens’ purchase of Paradigm Global Advisors, a hedge fund.

“James and Hunter brought in Larry Rasky, a lobbyist and longtime Biden adviser, who at one point, according to court records, was going to provide $1 million in financing,” Politico reported. “Rasky did not respond to a request for comment.”

Biden’s campaign has been dogged by allegations that he corruptly used his influence as vice president to steer lucrative foreign business contracts to his son Hunter. At a 2018 event organized by the Council on Foreign Relations, Joe Biden — who was tasked by then-President Barack Obama to lead the U.S. government’s efforts in Ukraine — bragged about threatening to withhold a billion-dollar loan guarantee if the Ukrainian government refused to fire a prosecutor who was reportedly investigating a gas company that paid Hunter Biden millions of dollars to sit on its board.

“I said, I’m telling you, you’re not getting the billion dollars,” Biden said. “I said, you’re not getting the billion. I’m going to be leaving here in, I think it was about six hours.”

“I looked at them and said, ‘I’m leaving in six hours,’” Biden recalled. “If the prosecutor is not fired, you’re not getting the money. Well, son of a b-tch. He got fired. And they put in place someone who was solid at the time.”

After Shokin was fired, he was replaced by Yuri Lutsenko, who also has been dogged by allegations of corruption. The Obama administration never demanded Lutsenko’s ouster, despite worries that Lutsenko was similarly corrupt and untrustworthy.

In recent congressional testimony, George Kent, a State Department official who works on the agency’s Ukraine portfolio, contradicted claims that the Obama administration was merely following the lead of the so-called international community in demanding the firing of Shokin. As The Federalist previously reported, Kent told lawmakers the Obama administration spearheaded the efforts to have Shokin removed from his position as the top federal prosecutor in Ukraine. Kent said the international community — namely the International Monetary Fund (IMF) and Western nations within the European Union — were deferential to U.S. directives on the matter.

The news that Biden’s Super PAC is run by the agent of a foreign government will likely complicate the former vice president’s efforts blunt the narrative that his government duties are for sale.

Azerbaijan is not the only foreign entity that Rasky has recently represented. He and his firm also lobbied on behalf of a Bangladeshi political party through January of 2019.

“Rasky Partners will engage in message development, outreach to influencers, media monitoring, media relations, strategic counsel and research,” the filing declared. Rasky’s firm received more than $86,000 from that contract, federal records show.

A previous firm run by Rasky also represented foreign officials in Japan, Hungary, Congo, and Serbia.

Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
Biden is so stupid he thinks him withholding the money and demanding firing of the prosecutor, as being a strong and resolute leader. He doesn't even comprehend the quid pro quo and corruption angle. Either he's than dumb, or corruption is such a habit in his circle, he's unaware there's a problem with it.

Posts: 7437 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Ol' Fadin' Joe just can't catch a break.

Biden denied communion at South Carolina church

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/poli...e-on-burismas-board/

Joe Biden claimed on Friday he was unaware his youngest son, Hunter, was serving on the board of directors of a Ukrainian oil and gas giant while Biden was responsible for Obama administration policy towards the country

"I did not know he was on the board of that company,” the former vice president said. “In fact, no one has asserted on the board that it was illegal for him to be on the board or that he did anything wrong.”

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

back on p13,

Former Vice President Joe Biden's Deputy Campaign Manager, Kate Bedingfield

During the interview she made a rather shocking admission: Hunter Biden received permission from the Obama White House to sit on the Ukrainian oil company's board of directors.

Bedingfield: "in 2014 the White House cleared Hunter serving on that board,"

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The younger Biden admitted during a series of candid interviews for a New Yorker profile published in June that he in fact had discussed his foreign business interests with his father on at least one occasion.

“Dad said, ‘I hope you know what you are doing,’ and I said, ‘I do’” Hunter Biden told the magazine.

Posts: 19502 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Remember, Crazy Uncle Joe and Skippy were masters of claiming they had no idea what was going on around them in their WH until they watched it on TV.

And the media was silent when they would say that.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
One of the best clips yet...Biden at an event in Iowa forgets where the camera and crowd are and starts talking to a wall. Crowd is confused and C-SPAN kept cutting away and trying to get his attention to no avail. Big Grin Big Grin

Somebody call the cops, this is elder abuse at this point! Big Grin

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?...fbQ&feature=youtu.be

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
^^^^ Ah, hahahahaha!

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

da fuq?

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would love to see him do the weather with the green screen.

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
‘Ol Scattergun Joe squeezed out another pearl of wisdom today at a private fundraiser in Seattle. Emphasis added.

quote:
Biden referred to the Second Amendment, saying he supports it, but he also said called the absolutist arguments by some gun rights supporters "bizarre."

Biden said, "Why should we allow people to have military-style weapons including pistols with 9-millimeter bullets that can hold 10 rounds?"

Article here: https://www.kiro7.com/news/loc...ng-events/1009238597

So he’s widened the scope to military style assault pistols that shouldn’t be able to hold ten rounds of 9mm. He’s slipping. Keep it up, Joe, and you’ll find they’re gonna Beto you for talking out of turn.

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
another example of the lack of character in Hunter Biden

from CTH

After trying to deny he had a relationship with a woman in Arkansas, and after a DNA test proves paternity, lawyers for Hunter Biden will no longer fight Arkansas lawsuit. Hunter Biden is the father, and presidential candidate Joe Biden is a grandfather again.

DNA testing has established, “with scientific certainty,” that Hunter Biden is the father of an Arkansas baby, according to a motion filed Wednesday in Independence County on behalf of the child’s mother, Lunden Alexis Roberts.

Biden, son of former vice president Joe Biden, “is not expected to challenge the results of the DNA test or the testing process,” the filing states. An attorney for Hunter Biden, former Arkansas Attorney General Dustin McDaniel, did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
As a mom, my wife feels sorry for Joe--Hunter has been no end of trouble. Not that he therefore deserves all that money.

BTW the Dam debate tonight may be entertaining after all. Think I'll record it. Big Grin

Posts: 18016 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
'Hope I made you proud out there': Biden sends out post-debate email hours before event starts

https://www.washingtonexaminer...-before-event-starts

ATLANTA — Joe Biden asked supporters whether he made them proud during Wednesday night's debate before the former vice president had even walked out on stage to face nine rival 2020 Democrats.

"I’m leaving the fifth Democratic debate now. I hope I made you proud out there and I hope I made it clear to the world why our campaign is so important," he wrote in a fundraising email Wednesday afternoon.

In the note, Biden, who celebrates his 77th birthday on Wednesday, as well as the existence of a new grandchild, took a jab at Sen. Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts, his rival for the 2020 Democratic presidential nomination, in a line of attack he has used on the trail.

"We need leadership. We need to be ready on day one to get the country back on track and clean up Donald Trump’s mess. But we need more than plans," the 36-year Delaware senator wrote, referring to his fellow front-runner's mantra, "I've got a plan for that."

"We need the grit and the resolve to get things done," Biden wrote. "We need to reach across the aisle and demand that our leaders do what’s right. That we provide access to affordable health care. That we protect our planet. That we lead on the global stage again."

The email's sentiments were echoed in a pre-debate briefing campaign aides held with reporters.

Jennifer Epstein

@jeneps

Biden campaign sends out its post-debate fundraising appeal ahead of time and it hits the same notes his aides just told reporters are the goals for his debate performance: stressing his leadership skills, perceived electability against Trump, and the pragmatism of his plans.

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Yep. This guy is absolutely who we need at the helm. Roll Eyes

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
in the debate, one of the other candidates should ask Biden when was the last time Hunter had a test for cocaine use

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
'Hope I made you proud out there': Biden sends out post-debate email hours before event starts

I hope one of the other contestants asks him right off the bat how he did in the debate... Big Grin

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23943 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post