SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // Biden demands immediate Israel ceasefire
Page 1 ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 628
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // Biden demands immediate Israel ceasefire Login/Join 
I have a very particular
set of skills
posted Hide Post
KH is the personification of condescension...its like a rake down a chalkboard listening to her talk...

Picking her would likely be good for us...

You can bet all the high $$ consultants are listening to the chatter and having focus groups to see how she plays as a choice...

$.02 worth.

Boss

A real life Sisyphus...
"It's not the critic who counts..." TR
Exodus 23.2: Do not follow the crowd in doing wrong...
Despite some people's claims to the contrary, 5 lbs. is actually different than 12 lbs.
It's never simple/easy.

Posts: 4991 | Location: In the arena... | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Joe Biden still can't get his act together on who to pick for VP

August 1, the day for Joe Biden to announce his running mate for the presidential election came and went, and instead of a rollout, Joe Biden pushed his vice presidential choice back another ten days.

According to the New York Post:

Joe Biden is not expected to pick a running mate until at least Aug. 10. The presumptive Democratic presidential nominee had previously said he expected to name someone to the job by the first of the month.

The late in the game decision will put the announcement just one week before the Democratic convention that will officially designate the pair as the party’s presidential and vice presidential nominees.

Sure, it's possible the whole story is a story of Biden being disorganized and addled, unable to make up his mind, given that he's 77 and as Peggy Noonan put it, an "old" 77. Just his inability to know what day it is and where he is supports that argument.

But it's just as likely that Democrats are in some fierce backfighting. After all, nobody thinks Joe Biden's really going to be president, the closest thing to president should Biden be elected would be the vice president. Democrats know about power for the taking when they see it.

Up until recent days, California's Sen. Kamala Harris been seen as having it in the bag.

Based on Biden's earlier notes, she was. And she wants that job badly, campaigning ferociously behind the scenes, to the point of planting negative articles in the press about her potential rivals.

But this ten-day delay says she's not a lock. Something about her signals Joe isn't good with her. And now she has to wait, undoubtedly ... climbing the wall.

Yet her potential rivals are no prizes, either. Besides Harris, who got her political start as Willie Brown's mistress and slept her way to the top, her rivals include Rep. Karen Bass of California, basically a Cuban operative, according to this impeccably researched Breitbart report, and Susan Rice, President Obama's mouthpiece of lies, and keeper of the Obama administration's plotting secrets.

Different rival factions of the Democrats are battling it out and Harris is the loser.

No wonder Harris is going all in for getting word out about her many endorsements - such as this one:

Ben Crump, a civil rights lawyer who represents the family of George Floyd and other high-profile victims of police brutality, endorsed Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.) to be former Vice President Joe Biden’s (D) running mate.

“This is a time for steely-eyed public servants who play no games and demand results,” Crump wrote in a CNN op-ed. “It's time for Sen. Kamala Harris to join Joe Biden's ticket and, God willing, help him actualize the next phase of this movement from the White House.”

Or even more seriously, this group, California's power elite:

Prominent supporters of the California senator asked for the virtual sit-down on the heels of a POLITICO report Monday that Harris is not a lock for VP. It quoted former Sen. Chris Dodd, one of four members of the vetting unit, remarking to a prominent Democratic donor that Harris had “no remorse” for attacking Biden during a debate last year. Biden’s campaign at the time viewed the attack — Harris went after Biden for opposing a school busing program — as a cheap shot contrived to make him look racially insensitive.

That story and another recent POLITICO report detailed that a contingent of Democrats is lobbying against Harris to be chosen as Biden’s running mate.

The conference call included several of the state’s highest-ranking elected officials and labor and business leaders, including Lt. Gov. Eleni Kounalakis, Secretary of State Alex Padilla, San Francisco Mayor London Breed, state schools chief Tony Thurmond, state Treasurer Fiona Ma and Chad Griffin, a Democratic consultant and former head of Human Rights campaign, according to organizers.

Representing the Biden campaign were the four main members of his vetting team: Dodd, Rep. Lisa Blunt Rochester of Delaware, Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti; and Biden's former White House and Senate counsel, Cynthia Hogan.

What we have here are the Obamatons advocating for Susan Rice, the Bernie-ites advocating for Karen Bass, and Kamala herself, who seems close to the Hillary Clinton machine, being the third faction. The Obama people want to prevent prosecutions of Obama officials now that prosecutors are bearing down on them - they'd also like the Obama legacy restored and institutionalized. The Bernie-ites hate Harris, whom they accurately view as a former corrupt prosecutor or "a cop" as they put it. The Hillary-ites just want payback for the 2016 loss and lots of pork and parties for the elites, going back to the good old days. Pay to play and Clinton Foundation donations rolling in. Harris also comes attached with the smug California elites, wanting to export their blue-state permanent party model to the rest of the country.

Whoever Biden picks is going to represent the triumph of the represented faction over the other rivals. If Biden goes for Bass, he wants the win the Bernie-ites. If Biden goes for Rice, it's back to Obamadom and being Obama's shadow. If Biden goes for Harris, it's the Hillaryworld hog wallow, which should provide for young Hunter Biden and the rest of the family, as well as bring in the California elites.

My money's on his picking Harris in this situation based on who he is, but it's obvious he doesn't trust Harris, who has that lean and hungry look. No wonder nobody, including Joe Biden himself, knows who Joe Biden is going to pick.

https://www.americanthinker.co..._to_pick_for_vp.html

No wonder nobody, including Joe Biden himself, knows who Joe Biden is going to pick.
Big Grin

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24071 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Maybe he's rethinking warren because she's part Native American. Big Grin It wasn't that long ago that many here thought warren had the vp spot in the bag.

Creepy joe will announce his vp when soros and the dnc make their choice. Roll Eyes

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
Biden has nothing to do with the decision. His handlers will inform him when they've settled on someone.

Posts: 3523 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
My money's on his picking Harris in this situation
Good article, but the conclusion kinda circles back on itself - "I don't know what's going to happen, so I'm going to buy the argument I just demolished."

With the ten day delay (if that's what it is), I'm circling back to a WAG of my own: Biden is still trying to see who can gather what coalition behind themselves. Biden doesn't really care who his Veep winds up being, he just cares who can help unite the Dems behind him and who brings the largest and most enthusiastic cadre of Dems to Biden's effort to get himself elected President.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Biden pretty much fucked himself into a corner by saying "my choice will be an XYZ".

I didn't know there was a Z chromosome.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Then there's karen bass from ca, who wants the vp job. She'd fit right into the potential list of biden vp candidates.

https://www.politico.com/news/...e-los-angeles-388430

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have a very particular
set of skills
posted Hide Post
Tick tock...93 days...but no rush, take your time Roll Eyes

If he were such a shoe-in, as sooo many desperately want America to believe (he's wayyyy ahead in the poles don'tcha know?? Roll Eyes )...picking a VP would have been done some time ago. Really, if the POTUS candidate is solid, how much credence does anyone give to the VP pick?

Perhaps some (many?) of the potential candidates don't want to hitch their political future to the potential epic loss looming on the horizon, just an actual, non-scripted interview and/or debate away...

$.02 worth...

Boss

A real life Sisyphus...
Despite some people's claims to the contrary, 5 lbs. is actually different than 12 lbs.
It's never simple/easy.

Posts: 4991 | Location: In the arena... | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Biden doesn't really care who his Veep winds up being, he just cares who can help unite the Dems behind him and who brings the largest and most enthusiastic cadre of Dems to Biden's effort to get himself elected President.

Yep. He will just read whatever they put on his que card.

But there's a battle going on behind the scenes...

quote:
But it's just as likely that Democrats are in some fierce backfighting. After all, nobody thinks Joe Biden's really going to be president, the closest thing to president should Biden be elected would be the vice president. Democrats know about power for the taking when they see it.
What we have here are the Obamatons advocating for Susan Rice, the Bernie-ites advocating for Karen Bass, and Kamala herself, who seems close to the Hillary Clinton machine, being the third faction.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24071 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I hear Tim Kaine is available. He's a girl and already knows how to be a VP candidate.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have a very particular
set of skills
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
He will just read whatever they put on his que card.

A commentator the other day brought up a very good point: For a politician with 50 yrs. experience...he sure needs a lot of teleprompter/scripting.

One would hope someone with that level experience would have it DOWN PAT, especially at this point in the game, and be able to speak and answer a myriad of questions clearly and succinctly.

A point that will no doubt continue to be driven home. All part of what has been point out many times already...

Boss

A real life Sisyphus...
It's never simple/easy.

delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I’m Joe Biden and I’m not Trump. That’s a slogan he can remember.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29684 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
interesting the skipped mentioning Val Demings

KH is a Californian. CA is in the bag.

VD is from Florida which is considered a must win.

and a former cop so they would play that up from a law and order angle

--------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:

Uh, I don't think law and order is in their vocabulary right now.

Posts: 1810 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG228:
quote:

i disagree. they aren't stupid. they know the riots will be an issue with moderate voters. VD could make them appear to be addressing that deficiency.

they're not going in the direction of the Bernie Sanders / BLM / Occupy dems. those 'voters' are in the bag for "D". they hand the election to Trump if they do that.

--------------------------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Boss1:
A commentator the other day brought up a very good point: For a politician with 50 yrs. experience...he sure needs a lot of teleprompter/scripting.

Biden has NEVER been a leader. He's always been a follower and bends with the wind like the most fragile blade of grass. Just check his record. If you can find it.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
His short list is all so bad I can't figure out which one I "hope" he picks.

Kamala Harris would be a stark contrast to Mike Pence

I guess if I had to pick a "favorite", it would be Elizabeth Warren just so the DEM base would go nuts.

Second choice - Susan Rice so we could hammer her nonstop w things like her 20 Jan 2017 email

Kamala Harris would get a lot of REPs even more fired up, but I wouldn't want even the slightest possibility that she would have a path to the Presidency.

Posts: 19565 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
I’m Joe Biden and I’m not Trump. That’s a slogan he can remember.

Are we sure about that?

Wink

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by SIG228:
quote:

i disagree. they aren't stupid. they know the riots will be an issue with moderate voters. VD could make them appear to be addressing that deficiency.

they're not going in the direction of the Bernie Sanders / BLM / Occupy dems. those 'voters' are in the bag for "D". they hand the election to Trump if they do that.

--------------------------------------------------------

IMO, that ship has sailed. If BIden wanted to be about law and order, he missed the opportunity.

Posts: 1810 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
I hear Tim Kaine is available. He's a girl and already knows how to be a VP candidate.

You have just insulted every girl in the country.

Posts: 618 | Location: northern VA. | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post