SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..."
Page 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 620
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
We laugh at Bite-me gaffes and all but no one but us Trump supporters even care, amusing and astonishing as they are. Frown

Well, that's not entirely true. Everyone is seeing it, and it's not just Trump supporters who think it's troublesome for him.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Biden is the Dem Nominee for 2020 unless he dies. His motto is "You can have this nomination when you pry it from my cold dead fingers". He's an arrogant fool who doesn't't take advice from others. His campaign has his senile fingerprints all over it.

Look at Joe Rogan and the "Progressives". The smarter millennials at work call themselves progressives and listen to the Joe Rogan podcasts. They're out there But they're not completely stupid. They work hard and aren't going to give it away.

Hope beats Hate any day. Optimism beats pessimism any day. Enthusiasm beats what the dems have to vote for. There's a reason why the dems don't want any rallies or a convention- The emperor candidate has no cloths.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
We laugh at Bite-me gaffes and all but no one but us Trump supporters even care, amusing and astonishing as they are. Frown

Well, that's not entirely true. Everyone is seeing it, and it's not just Trump supporters who think it's troublesome for him.

I think the major things we have going on now ~ the race thing and Covid are trumping (no pun) his gaffes and ineptitude.
Take those out of the equation when it is mano en mano > it's different story.
All of the above has decimated the economy to boot (no fault of Trump obviously) and that is ultimately affecting the mood.
Couple the Dems at local/state government suppressing the economy even more with the lockdowns and mask shit control tactics makes for challenging times.
Going to need a good faith in God to get through this one.

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Big Grin Trust God, but vote anyway. That whole bit about screaming Aloha Snackbar while doing a mag dump never really got the Taliban anywhere.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:

Bingo. One of my wingnut liberal neighbors hates Trump. But the other day he admitted to me that he and his wife have opted to not vote at all this time around given Biden is their only alternative. I view this as a big positive and something we're going to see a lot of this time around.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^ Here's hoping it happens often enough to make up for all of the Republicans who told me they simply weren't voting in 2016. There'll be one big difference, I'm sure - contrary to blithe Democrat assumptions, Uncah Joe won't have a reserve of working guys in the MidWest to bail him out.

Oh, and congrats on your 30,000th!

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Wanna bet those debates won't be in the same state...or on the same stage.

Creepy joe needs a teleprompter. What impresses me most about President Trump is his ability to speak off the cuff directly to his audience.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Reporter questions Joe and he gets called a dog face pony

https://nypost.com/2020/06/30/...er-a-lying-dog-face/

According to Joe the President has been doing nothing since the Pandemic began, I guess I dreamt those conferences on the news....

Posts: 2765 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
When you make less sense than this gal...

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
When you make less sense than this gal...

But at least she spews her bullshit with a smile... Eek

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23946 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spunk639:
Reporter questions Joe and he gets called a dog face pony

https://nypost.com/2020/06/30/...er-a-lying-dog-face/

“All you gotta do is watch me and I can hardly wait to compare my cognitive capability to the cognitive capability of the man I’m running against,” [Biden] said.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:

Creepy joe needs a teleprompter. What impresses me most about President Trump is his ability to speak off the cuff directly to his audience.
Guess I'll have to say this one more time. If this were to be the arrangements, I'm SURE President Trump would have staffers at Biden's location and visa versa. It would be FOOLISH for the RNC to let Biden's team set that up unfettered...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
quote:

Guess I'll have to say this one more time. If this were to be the arrangements, I'm SURE President Trump would have staffers at Biden's location and visa versa. It would be FOOLISH for the RNC to let Biden's team set that up unfettered...

you didn't have to say anything one more time.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
It'd be incredulous of this claim if I didn't already believe that most journalists in this country are hopelessly biased and corrupt.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Eh, it's as simple as saying "coronaviruskungflucovidwhateverwe'reonnow, sha-ZAAMM!!" and then telling the press that the only way to participate is to submit questions in writing. Some "journalists" somewhere will bite. And that's assuming, of course, that the questions weren't written by Biden's own press weasel.

And no, that's not to say Trump's wasting his time - worst case scenario is that he hits Biden obliquely for not being able to think in a straight line, best case scenario is that he pillories the press for not letting him answer written questions from a teleprompter.

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:

I'm starting to think they won't let him debate in any traditional way, one on one, on the same stage. He's just not up to it.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23946 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Hoo, boy, more noise with relevance, if any, "to be announced" at some indeterminate time but maybe October.

A group of people who worked in the Bush 43 are calling themselves the "43 Alumni" and setting up a political action committee to support the election campaign of Joe Biden.

http://www.yahoo.com/news/excl...-bush-091024411.html

Now, before you all go off on the younger President Bush and start cussin' the pervasiveness of the Swamp, take a look at the article. (I thought that there was as yet so little substance to the article itself that I didn't have the gall to spend someone else's bandwidth on it.)

The chopped version is like this:

Bush 43's spokesweasel said that Bush 43 is "retired" and "won't be wading into this election." The group itself stated that he's not involved and hasn't "indicated if he approves of its aims".

The article identifies these guys as "the latest of a number of Republican organizations opposing Trump's re-election", which is the basic drumbeat this article is trying to lay down. The other group is said to have members who worked in a number of Republican administrations, but I'd still like to know if there's any cross-membership between the two groups. Remember, there aren't that many people of significance employed in any President's White House, and many are hired because they've worked for previous presidents. The same holds true for the only other group of Republicans supporting Biden that the article could name - the Lincoln Project, which was co-founded by Kelly Ann Conway's pissy little husband and doesn't seem to have had any noticeable impact as yet.

This group is supposed to include "Cabinet secretaries and other senior people" as well as "hundreds" of other people who worked for Bush 43. But there were only three people talking to the press, and not one of them was either a household name in W.'s time or (from the article) working in any position prominent enough to for the article to bother to name. This is particularly interesting given that one spokeswoman for the group "said the group was not yet ready to name all its members or its donors". Why wouldn't a group like this lead with its stiffest punch - some big shot, someone who's been on the front page of the newspapers at some point? The group will have to provide a "partial" list of donors to the FEC by October, but that's at least three months away.

The spokeswomen were full of brave and noble explanations for why they chose to support Biden, but if you look in the article you won't see a single phrase you haven't heard from the media or other politicians dozens of times before, and they sounded trite then.

Oh, and one more thing from the article - "The Biden campaign declined to comment". That'll really lend the group some credibility, won't it?

Maybe there's something to this. Maybe one or more of these groups will actually function as some sort of rallying point for the NeverTrumpers. But this 43 Alumni organization comes out of this article looking every bit as much like a shell organization as a genuine political vehicle. If they don't produce results (big name members speaking out publicly, some substantial growth in the number of self-identified Republicans who come out against Trump or for Biden), then one might be forgiven for wondering whether the group wasn't created just to sneak a few quotes into a few news articles or shows.

posted Hide Post
Sounds like a democrat organization designed to put out "hit pieces" against Trump. "In war, truth is the first casualty".

-c1steve

Posts: 4041 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Polls are polls whatever their form, but it's still kinda funny to see this. Article from The Wrap today.

Kanye West's Presidential Bid Hurts Joe Biden's Odds To Win, According To Betting Site
http://www.thewrap.com/kanye-west-presidential-odds/