SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..."
Page 1 ... 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 620
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." Login/Join 
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:
interesting the skipped mentioning Val Demings

KH is a Californian. CA is in the bag.

VD is from Florida which is considered a must win.

and a former cop so they would play that up from a law and order angle

--------------------------------------
As a long time resident of Central Florida, let me fill in some blanks for you. Demmings is a POS. She is uniformly hated by almost everyone who has ever come in contact with her. She was 'appointed' chief of police specifically because she was black and a woman, and because her right hand at OPD was the biggest bull dike in the department. She left the OPD to pursue her congressional seat because she'd all but destroyed the department, leaving it with morale that was totally in the toilet. I know a bunch of OPD cops, and all of them hate her. So how did she get elected to Congress? Simple. They redistricted several voting districts, and gave her a newly defined district that's 80%+ black to run in. Biden selecting her as a VP would in no way guarantee him anything in Florida. I would tend to argue it would actually hurt him here.

As for the other options, they truly are the definition of a 'shit show'. Biden already said his pick will be a woman of color, so that leaves Liawatha on the sidelines. How about Karen Bass? The woman's an unknown among a majority of the country, and once people do begin to get to know who she is (i.e. an unabashed communist), her appeal will go from zero to negative. So how about Susan Rice? One word...Benghazi. How about four more... Ty Woods, Glen Doherty, Chris Stevens, and Sean Smith. Plaster those names and faces all over her and she's toast. That and she has zero history as an elected official meaning she hasn't a clue how to campaign. That leaves us with Willie Brown's knob polisher. Unfortunately for her, she put a whole lotta black folk in jail, many under rather shady circumstances. Then she comes from California, an environment most people in the country do not look favorably on.

As I said at the beginning, this whole this is the definition of a 'shit show' and I'm absolutely loving it. Smile

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
I’m Joe Biden and I’m not Trump. That’s a slogan he can remember.

Are we sure about that?

Wink

Lol depends on how bad his super short term memory loss is. In which case the slogan goes: I’m Joe Biden and I’m not.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29607 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
That slogan might just be one creepy joe could handle.

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
Lol depends on how bad his super short term memory loss is. In which case the slogan goes: I’m Joe Biden and I’m not.
More like..."I'm er, CornPop, or uh Joe, uh you know what...my times up."

Its a total crap shoot what this guy will remember of say at this point, hence the reason he's spending all his time in the basement.

Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Phhhhbbblllltttttt. You say that as if basement dwellers don't vote. Don't you realize that hiding in his basement is actually a brilliant way to identify with young, progressive voters across the land?

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
NYT to the rescue !

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/0...in-email&login=email

Nervous managers of the scheduled 2020 presidential debates are shuffling the logistics and locations to deal with the threat of the coronavirus. But here’s a better idea: Scrap them altogether. And not for health reasons.

The debates have never made sense as a test for presidential leadership. In fact, one could argue that they reward precisely the opposite of what we want in a president. When we were serious about the presidency, we wanted intelligence, thoughtfulness, knowledge, empathy and, to be sure, likability. It should also go without saying, dignity.

Yet the debates play an outsize role in campaigns and weigh more heavily on the verdict than their true value deserves.

Over time, the debates came to resemble professional wrestling matches, and more substantive debates were widely panned in the press. Points went to snappy comebacks and one-liners. Witty remarks drew laughs from the audience and got repeated for days and remembered for years.

Some of them have been less than hilarious, but they did the job of dominating reaction to a debate. Whatever substance existed was largely ignored. In 1980, when Ronald Reagan debated the incumbent Jimmy Carter, Carter made a serious point about Reagan’s position on Medicare, and Reagan’s riposte, “There you go again,” a non-answer if ever there was one, brought down the house and that was that.

T his, by the way, isn’t written out of any concern that Donald Trump will prevail over Joe Biden in the debates ; Mr. Biden has done just fine in a long string of such contests. The point is that “winning” a debate, however assessed, should be irrelevant, as are the debates themselves.

of course not Smile

The better way to pay attention to and choose among the presidential candidates is to follow the long campaign that so many complain about. The reason for such moaning has always been a mystery, because unless the campaign is taking place in your living room, you can simply switch it off.

The party conventions, also vestigial organs of a political system that no longer exists, are close to being done away with, if not for the reasons they should be. There’s no reason not to throw the presidential debates on the trash heap of useless (at best) rituals that are no help in our making such a fateful decision.

Posts: 19502 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
The party conventions, also vestigial organs of a political system that no longer exists, are close to being done away with, if not for the reasons they should be. There’s no reason not to throw the presidential debates on the trash heap of useless (at best) rituals that are no help in our making such a fateful decision.

Really sdy??????

The party conventions are an awesome display of party unity and serve to get the party faithful riled up and prepared for the sprint to the finish line. Campaigning is hard work and requires motivation. They aren't just for the few who attend but for the many workers watching at home. Besides, the Presidential candidates acceptance speech is widely watched and an important opportunity to be seen by a huge audience.

The presidential debates may need to be reformed but not eliminated. They serve an important function showing the ability to think on your feet and respond under pressure. They also force candidates to hone the ability to articulate a message in a clear and succinct manner. The format should change. I don't like the lib/leftist "moderators". They should be done Lincoln/Douglas style.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23942 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Yeah, there's anpther blurb floating around the internutz under the a title that suggest Biden shouldn't debate Trump because it "provides Trump a platform."

I got news for ya, Ace, even the press can't deny the President a platform.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have a very particular
set of skills
posted Hide Post
Yeah...who needs this contest/debate/race anyway?? It's stupid.

...said many a contestant who was looking at being used as a floor mop by their opponent...

Definitely NOT Man in the Arena material.

As said a couple pages back...he's going to have to eventually actually participate, right? Right?

(Dodging an interview was brought up again with Wallace last night).

Boss

A real life Sisyphus...
"It's not the critic who counts..." TR
Exodus 23.2: Do not follow the crowd in doing wrong...
Despite some people's claims to the contrary, 5 lbs. is actually different than 12 lbs.
It's never simple/easy.

Posts: 4991 | Location: In the arena... | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
Biden Says He Can't Wait To Find Out Who He Picked For VP

WASHINGTON, D.C.—According to sources in the Biden campaign, the presidential candidate is on pins and needles waiting to see who it is he picked to run for vice president on his ticket.

Campaign aides say it's been Biden's most anticipated event since he found out he was running for president a few weeks ago.

A reporter asked Biden if he could hint about his VP pick during a brief interlude from his stay in the basement, where he was allowed to come upstairs to get some snacks.

"Oh boy -- I hope it's a real classy broad," he said as he drank straight from the milk jug. "I bet I picked somebody good and smart. A chick with class and style. You know, in my day, dames were dames and guys were guys. None of this 'guys becoming dolls' and 'dolls becoming guys' stuff. We would go down to the hop and do the mashed potato. You know, there's lots of good nnnn-- nutrients and stuff in potatoes. Potato is a funny word."

"Po - ta - to."

"OK, Joe, let's go," said an aide, shoving him down into the basement. "What Joe was trying to say is that he's chosen a well-qualified candidate who will run the country -- err, I mean, help him run the country -- with excellence."

Babylon Bee link

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10696 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i hope he DOES duck the debates

3 straight months of pounding him on being scared to debate

the ads would be epic

i bet he debates but they'll keep it heavily moderated

------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
i hope he DOES duck the debates

3 straight months of pounding him on being scared to debate

the ads would be epic

i bet he debates but they'll keep it heavily moderated

Simple reality...he ducks the debates he loses. Of course if he does participate, he likely loses. You can kinda see the quandary his staffers are in right now. Big Grin

Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
quote:

i bet he debates but they'll keep it heavily MEDICATED

Fixed it for you.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have a very particular
set of skills
posted Hide Post
Another thing seen on the news:

Nov. 20 is ~92 days away.

However - the first states start early voting in about 30 days...

Playing 'duck and cover' is really eating up the clock.

If he is such the 'landslide' candidate they're dreaming of, why all the super secret squirrel antics? VP picks, etc. should almost be afterthoughts.

Hopefully middle America, and good number of moderate Dems see right through this smoke & mirrors.

Boss

A real life Sisyphus...
"It's not the critic who counts..." TR
Exodus 23.2: Do not follow the crowd in doing wrong...
Despite some people's claims to the contrary, 5 lbs. is actually different than 12 lbs.
It's never simple/easy.

Posts: 4991 | Location: In the arena... | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
biden couldn't tell harris from rice from warren on one of his good days... Razz

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
groping joe biden couldn't tell harris from rice from warren on one of his good days... Razz

Not even by feel? Roll Eyes

Posts: 2538 | Location: KY | Registered: October 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

I wonder how much he paid for that ?
Do they call it B^4 ? or just B4 ?

Posts: 19502 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
Simple reality...he ducks the debates he loses. Of course if he does participate, he likely loses. You can kinda see the quandary his staffers are in right now. Big Grin

I agree that it won't be good for him either way.
But if he debates it could be catastrophic.
I don't think they will let him debate.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23942 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
I can see it now, they give Bidet a earwig so the cn feed the answers to him and he smacks it out of his ear, thinking its an insect.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
You’d think they’d give him a catch phrase that wasn’t sort of a tongue twister...given his condition and all...

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post