SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..."
Page 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 620
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." Login/Join 
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
Those Biden calls were brutally blatant

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5130 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Careful, Bernie. You're not too old to be sent to the gulag.

No Dissenters
quote:
Sen. Bernie Sanders' political team – in an apparent bid for party unity – is asking supporters chosen to represent the former presidential candidate at the Democratic convention to sign agreements preventing them from criticizing Democratic Party leaders or other 2020 contenders either in person or on social media during this summer’s confab.

And that’s not sitting well with some Sanders supporters who’ve received or heard about the agreements.

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^^ Wow. At least Bern waited until he got to the convention in 2016 before he became the party's tame critter. That should whip up the crazier Bernie Bros nicely.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
About 40 years ago I was in a convenience store late one night after visiting some bars. This kid with the reddest eyes I've ever seem walks in, walks straight up to the clerk, smiles and says "I'd like some marijuana rolling papers, please!"

That's Joe Biden all over. Not the first speck of subtlety.

Flying Sergeant
posted Hide Post
President Trump is gonna mop the stage with this senile old codger, I can’t wait to see it. What an idiot.

Posts: 1673 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Biden is the result of the press not holding the Left’s feet to the fire. Now they’ll say the dumbest things and think nothing of it.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29607 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
I can honestly say I am really looking forward to the 1st presidential debate. Damn, there will be pizza, popcorn, beer. This is going to be a great time.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3574 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Related to his comment ‘If you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or Trump, then you ain’t black’. According to a Biden advisor he was just funnin'. That crazy Joe has such a sense of humor.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3785 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
There's more to this than just an inane comment.

quote:
Biden Apologizes For Telling Radio Host 'You Ain't Black' If You Are Considering Voting For Trump
Brittany Shepherd, Yahoo News, 5/22/2020

Former Vice President Joe Biden apologized for remarks he made Friday morning insinuating that a black radio host "ain't black" if he had questions about voting for him. "I shouldn't have been such a wise guy," Biden said on a Friday afternoon call with Black buisness leaders. "I shouldn't have been so cavalier...No one should have to vote for any party based on their race, their religion, their background."

During an interview hours earlier, Biden suggested that African-American radio personality Charlamagne Tha God "ain't black" if he was questioning whether he should support the presumptive Democratic nominee over President Trump in the general election. After an aide interrupted the interview to say that the former vice president was running short on time, the host asked that Biden pay the studio a visit the next time he's in New York.

"It's a long way until November," he said. "We've got more questions."

"You've got more questions?" Biden replied. "Well, I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."

Charlemagne said that asking challenging questions of the Democratic candidate has nothing to do with supporting Trump. "It don't have nothing to do with Trump. It has to do with the fact that I want something for my community."

Biden emphatically interrupted, telling Charlemagne to "take a look at my record, man...I have a record that is second to none," and promised that he'd join the talk show in person.

Shortly after the interview aired, #youaintblack and #JoeBidenisaracist began trending on Twitter. Trump campaign senior advisor Karina Pierson said in a statement that Biden's remarks make clear "that Joe Biden believes Black men and women are incapable of being independent or free thinking."

Symone Sanders, a Biden senior campaign advisor, wrote on Twitter following the backlash Friday morning that Biden's comments were made in "jest". "Let's be clear about what the VP is saying: He was making the distinction that he would put his record with the African American community up against Trump's any day. Period," wrote Sanders.

The remark came at the end of a wide-ranging interview about black America on "The Breakfast Club," a program popular for its candid and often contentious interviews with celebrities and politicians alike. Several Democratic candidates stopped by during the primary cycle to make their pitch, including an infamous appearance by Sen. Kamala Harris, who was mocked for an answer she gave regarding music and marijuana.

Biden has already said he wants to pick a woman as his running mate, and the campaign has been pressured for months to select a black woman, pointing to the African-American community's overwhelming support of the former vice president during the primary process, helping to push him to frontrunner status. Several prominent black female politicians, including Harris and Stacey Abrams, have received notable publicity.

Recent news that Sen Amy Klobuchar was also being vetted for vice president sounded alarms in the black community, especially considering the heavy criticism of her record prosecuting African-Americans in Minnesota.

During the interview with Charlemagne, Biden would not acknowledge any specific people on the vice presidential shortlist, but said that "multiple black women" are being considered.

Some compression for space. Original text at http://www.yahoo.com/news/joe-...trump-154645383.html

Now, if you want to go after Biden for that comment, I won't argue with you. But what fascinates the hell out of me is the chess game involved. The radio host was obviously pressing Biden to make a commitment to a black running mate while on his show. Biden argued that with his record, he can be trusted - and implied he can be trusted to pick a black woman. The radio host wanted to oilcheck him (now or later) and asked him to come on the show again before the election. Biden got frustrated that the radio host wouldn't let him weasel out of the question.

Usually Veep candidates are chosen to appeal to a part of the country where the Pres candidate doesn't feel particularly strong. If Biden picks a black woman, he's almost certainly going to pick one from some urban area that's already a stronghold for the black vote - which Biden is counting on getting. Perhaps even more interestingly, black voters may not be willing to simply trust Uncah Joe; if he's got to keep going back to the black community to reassure them that they're always the first thing on his mind, that's going to interfere with his spending time elsewhere and making promises that might conflict with something black Dems want.

As the comments about Harris and Klobuchar show, it'll also cut into the pool of women from which Biden can choose a running mate. One could argue that's no big thing since it's hardly unusual for a Presidential candidate to get handed a Veep candidate by the party or factions within the party. But Biden's got three other very, very pressing concerns. First, his running mate has to help him get elected (as in, consistently say and do the right thing, never say or do the wrong thing) in an election where the standing consensus is that the winds are against him. Second, his running mate has to be electable in his/her/its own right both so he gets the Veep he chooses and so that the Dem ticket doesn't get dragged down. Third, he's got to pick someone who can actually do the job in case he gets sick or old age catches up with him.

It's fun to jump a politician's case for gaffes. But I think this says more about the tensions underlying the Dems' efforts to beat Trump than anything else.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You forgot the part about Republicans putting them back in chains, Joe. Try to remember that the next time.

Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
If I didn't come to this forum or listen to conservative talk radio in Chicago (Dan Proft is awesome!), I would never have known about the audio of the Biden phone call with Poroshenko or the "You ain't black" comment. Both of these should be the lead story on every type of news media! It's ridiculous. "Ain't"?? What is this language? It's like Father Pfleger here in Chicago--whenever they talk to a group of black folks, all of a sudden they change the way they talk. Where's the outrage? This hypocrisy is really pissing me off. This damn virus is keeping the attention of the complete incompetence and corruption of Biden.

Year V

Posts: 2613 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Bidet’s latest statement just puts even more light on the fact that democrats only care about getting the black vote and that’s it. Can you imagine if Trump had said that? It would be a nonstop story in the media and they would be calling for Trump’s resignation.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2012BOSS302:

Ok, you ignorant slut. Let's do that. Let's actually put Trump's record on advancing the Black community in the last 3 1/2 years up against Joe Biden's decades in office. I don't think you will like what it actually reveals.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Yet again, if you don't think these morons on the left are just completely insane with TDS, well I offer you this....

"I would vote for Joe Biden if he boiled babies and ate them. He wasn't my candidate, but taking back the White House is that important," Pollitt wrote.

Consider that comment for a moment. This person is a national columnist, and she's ready for a jacket that ties at the back.

Nation columnist criticized for writing she'd vote for Biden if he 'boiled babies'

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
^^ Katha Pollitt is a big pro-abortion supporter.

Wouldn’t surprise me at all if she actually has boiled babies.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Trump having fun with Biden's latest troubles Big Grin

https://shop.donaldjtrump.com/...s/youaintblack-tee-1

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10917 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Can you imagine having someone that unqualified, unprepared, and stooopid as VP behind Biden?

Geez what a shit show she would be as VP or Prez.

Ugh.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Micropterus:

As usual Woods nails it.
Please choose her Joe.

Posts: 1950 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post