SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // Biden demands immediate Israel ceasefire
Page 1 ... 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... 627
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // Biden demands immediate Israel ceasefire Login/Join 
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
On a positive note, even the msm is upset at the biden/harris ticket for NOT taking questions at their latest 'appearance.'

I am not particularly surprised they took no questions. I am mildly surprised the dominant "news" media is being so vocally critical of it.

I think I stated this somewhere around here quite a ways back, in some-or-another thread: Now that they've nominated Biden, they're kind of screwed: They can't afford to let him speak extemporaneously, as in unscripted debate or interviews, but they can't afford not to let him do so.

We've seen what happens when he speaks extemporaneously. What remains to be seen is if the dominant media remains critical of his refusing to do so.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
In watching about 8 minutes of his speech crowning Kamala as the next sheep the RNC will slaughter, I did take pause in finding that he specifically got through this speech very well. The single reason that I watched it was to see if he was exhibiting traits of dementia/Alzheimers.

In that speech he did well unless I missed something.

I wonder if they can medicate him into periods of good functionality. If so, I do find that concerning.

Any thoughts??

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5131 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I wonder if they can medicate him into periods of good functionality. If so, I do find that concerning.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Despite the Prevagen commercials, there is no medication that improves cognitive functioning to any signifcant degree.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Timdogg6:
Any thoughts??

Not to sound trite, but I imagine that he has good days and bad days. Sounds like you caught him on a good day, when the firing order in his brain was working correctly.

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
On a positive note, even the msm is upset at the biden/harris ticket for NOT taking questions at their latest 'appearance.'

I am not particularly surprised they took no questions. I am mildly surprised the dominant "news" media is being so vocally critical of it.

I think I stated this somewhere around here quite a ways back, in some-or-another thread: Now that they've nominated Biden, they're kind of screwed: They can't afford to let him speak extemporaneously, as in unscripted debate or interviews, but they can't afford not to let him do so.

We've seen what happens when he speaks extemporaneously. What remains to be seen is if the dominant media remains critical of his refusing to do so.
Its so patently obvious what's going on. The Biden team will not allow questions be posed to him, none. The media on the other hand is suffering a huge credibility deficit right now with a lot of their potential audience, and they know it. Soooooooo, they have to try and find some middle ground where they can try and save face (and promote ratings/revenue) by squabbling about "No questions" without really pushing the issue. Here's a hint, it isn't going to work. If the media doesn't push for Biden to stand up and answer their candy coated questions, they lose and Joe loses with them.

The blatant refusal to answer 'any' questions should be a cold slap in the face to anyone with a functioning brain stem that this man is completely incompetent at this point. The fact that people will still vote for him tells you everything you need to know about what's wrong with this country.
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
Not to sound trite, but I imagine that he has good days and bad days. Sounds like you caught him on a good day, when the firing order in his brain was working correctly.
Just like with my grandmother's cognitive problems toward the end of her life, some days she recognized me and remembered much of our life together. I loved those days. Other days she didn't have the slightest idea who I was. I see much of the same behavior and attributes in Biden.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Timdogg6:

Any thoughts??

What's concerning is everyone, particularly Republicans, setting expectations for Joe so low that if he does somehow survive a debate without slapping Trump across the face like Moe and calling him daddy, he'll come across as actually viable.

Having said that, i don't think Biden not having a "moment" during a legitimate Q&A session or debate is very likely.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
This does not bode well for the dems, since we all know that the msm is the propaganda arm of the dnc. It doesn't seem likely that the biden ticket will be able to hold off questions for too much longer.

I'm sure they're absolutely stunned that Biden and Harris weren't downright eager to make a party out of an opportunity for the candidates and the press to make a series of attempts to slap at Trump. From the perspective of media activists, this is utterly irrational behavior since it "should" produce votes for the politicians and paychecks for the media while both engage in downright frenetic virtue signaling.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I don't like her, at all, but wonder what she's thinking...

I have a difficult time believing she actually believes she/they have a real shot.

Like she's wasting her chance, if there ever was one. Jumping the gun, etc.

He's so... lackluster... at the very least. Hitching her wagon to that old geezer seems odd.

Like her or not (I don't), she's a serious player on the left, and has been angling for this sort of thing since before Obama took office. Heretofore she's been pretty patient. This seems more Hail Mary than calculated.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Like she's wasting her chance...

Not at all. This is as close to a "can't lose" scenario [for her] that you can imagine.
If they lose, she won't be blamed. If they win [God forbid] she will be President herself in short order.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24066 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Yep. Basically, she’s got nothing to lose by running for VP.

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
Ahh, the always enjoyable Rageaholic take on Harris pick:

Couple of the best comments on the youtube page:

"I can't even imagine what the Democrats' internal polling is looking like. Wonder if we're going to see them start hurling themselves off of tall buildings like 1920s stockbrokers."

"Willie Brown’s chew toy....."

Posts: 3926 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hope this hasn't been posted on this thread. I don't find it a joke at all...

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4bFl0SLKQQ

Posts: 7546 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
^^^ Gotta love Colion Noir. Great clip.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24066 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
OK, very good. We're back on track here. Makes for a more interesting thread, wouldn't you say?

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
I don't like her, at all, but wonder what she's thinking...

I have a difficult time believing she actually believes she/they have a real shot.

Her numbers tanked as the dem debates went on. She didn't even win her home state and had almost zero support in the dem primaries when she folded. She has nothing at all to lose and if she believes the media polls and pundits who are saying Biden has a huge, double digit, almost insurmountable lead, why not continue to garner name recognition even if she knows deep in her heart that those polls are rigged. Look at all the absolute fawning media attention she has already received. Every national publication and news outlet has posted glowing stories building her up to be the greatest politician and leader the country has ever produced.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
My opinion, once someone lifts the rug and exposes all the hidden dirt, she's toast.

As a CA residence, I really think the DNC picked her to ensure she'll be a non-player in 2024.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
My opinion, once someone lifts the rug and exposes all the hidden dirt, she's toast.

As a CA residence, I really think the DNC picked her to ensure she'll be a non-player in 2024.

Do you really think the Dems are capable of playing such a long game? If Joe and and his VP pick lose, they might rethink the run a radical gambit.

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yeah, these assholes ain't the deep thinkers some take them for.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
They had to pick someone so it was either her or Warren. The lesser of the evils I think.

But they have to know they don’t have a snowballs chance in hell of winning.

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post