SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..."
Page 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... 620
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." Login/Join 
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Silver Alert!

Elderly man 77 years old from Delaware.
Grey hair last seen wearing Aviator Sunglasses.
Has rapidly declining dementia, may not know where he is.
Often confuses his sister for his wife.

Last seen driving alone in his car with blue mask.

If found please provide direction back to his basement.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
quote:
Joe Biden: Unlike the African American Community, the Latino Community Has Diversity of Thought

Dear Uncah Joe: Hispanics are culturally and ethnically diverse, yes. Black people had any such diversity among themselves pretty much wiped out by the experience of slavery.

Could you expound upon this? I am not quite sure I follow.

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
quote:
Joe Biden: Unlike the African American Community, the Latino Community Has Diversity of Thought

Dear Uncah Joe: Hispanics are culturally and ethnically diverse, yes. Black people had any such diversity among themselves pretty much wiped out by the experience of slavery.

Could you expound upon this? I am not quite sure I follow.

As part of the slave trade, slaves taken from one place (e.g. one "tribe") were separated and mixed in with slaves captured from everywhere else. This was done to deliberately break bonds and make the new slaves more malleable by removing their social support network and ensuring that all of them were essentially foreign to one another.

The indigenous peoples of S. America in particular, even when taken as slaves by Europeans, didn't suffer the same conditioning via separation, so their cultural groups, languages, etc. remained intact, for the most part.

So a person from, say Uruguay is clearly distinct from a person from Mexico. Many of the original South and Central American languages actually still survive. Contrast that with American black people who have ancestors from all over Africa and who had to resort to creating a creole language to communicate with their fellow slaves.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^^ OAM has the gist of it. Most imported slaves were taken from what are now Angola and the Republic of the Congo, but they came from many areas, tribes and language groups. In addition to isolating them by splitting them up, slaves were discouraged from speaking anything but English, prevented from deciding for themselves who to marry and have children with, forced to wear what they were given by way of clothes, fed whatever they were fed from what was available in America and, of course, cut off from the countries they were from. All in all, that makes it pretty much impossible for them to have preserved their ethnicity and culture.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
Wow, Joe is a really forward looking fellow.

Year V

Posts: 2613 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
kimber1911, what you just posted is damn funny!

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5149 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Keystoner:
Wow, Joe is a really forward looking fellow.
Joe looks in whatever direction his handlers point him.

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
I was trying to sarcastically mock Biden's, in that interview above, mixing the words "forward looking" with him supposedly "looking forward" to a debate.

I've heard Biden had a stuttering issue when he was younger. I'm not making fun of that. I can hear that come through at times and whatever. I don't think his fumbling and completely mixing up the order of words has anything to do with his stuttering. I think he's breaks under the stress. He gets overwhelmed and he loses his composure and his train of thought and the pressure causes him to stutter.

It's the opposite with Trump and I don't know how he does it. He can be getting pestered with the stupidest most irrelevant questions and I'll be swearing and losing *my* composure, and Trump just cooly answers the questions and gives it back. I rarely detect Trump feeling like he's getting put on the spot or him sounding defensive when every question he gets is offensive toward him.

Year V

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Keystoner:
I was trying to sarcastically mock Biden's, in that interview above, mixing the words "forward looking" with him supposedly "looking forward" to a debate.
And I was using you for a straight man.

Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
Glad I cleared that up then.

Year V

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It took the weight of the world off my shoulders

Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
Not for you—for people who might have thought I was being straight.

Year V

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Whichever way your door swings ain't none of my business

Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
I totally saw that coming.

Year V

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
a new pandering Biden ad

w cheap shots at President Trump

The vast majority of people I know judge others by their deeds and their words. The color of their skin doesn't privilege them or penalize them. Nor does the color of their skin shield anyone from criticism, or deny them praise when their actions warrant positive recognition.

Democrats lecture minorities w a constant barrage of victimhood status. A status that only DEMs can change for the better. A big lie like almost everything the DEMs claim as their guiding principles.

Posts: 19505 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Gosh I love all Biden's racist remarks. Almost as good as his incoherent ones, it's a toss up.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 12580 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
I just drove across MN from SW to NE and back, over 600 miles total. I saw multiple signs and posters for DJT and one sorry little homemade sign for ‘Hiden’ Biden.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
What Democrats said about Biden BEFORE he clinched the nomination.

Good thing Democrat voters have selective memories, eh, Joe?

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10696 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post