SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // Biden demands immediate Israel ceasefire
Page 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 628
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // Biden demands immediate Israel ceasefire Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

Posts: 19572 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Meanwhile, Jon Stewart tells Huff'n'puffpost that Biden has the kind of "humility" America needs right now because he understands grief and loss.

http://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/...ction-030454207.html

And Obama sorta got together online or something with Biden for a "grassroots" fundraiser on Tuesday that the campaign is reporting brought in $11 million - and $3.4 million of which came in from "high dollar donors". That's good, because Biden's and the DNC's fundraising 'way behind when measured against the war chests that Trump "and affiliated organizations" have on hand. Oh, and they officially have a "bromance" going these days.

http://www.yahoo.com/gma/obama...news-topstories.html

http://www.npr.org/2020/05/20/...in-the-2020-election

There's been a lot of noise in the last week or so, but not much substance on the other side. Maybe that actually says something.

- A Zogby poll comes out saying that 32% of Democrats believe Biden has some form of dementia. A poll's a poll and nothing more, but in Donkeyville that makes for bad optics.

- Biden held a rally in Pennsylvania that sucked dead donkey dingus on national TV.

- There's a well-publicized rumor that a bunch of ex-staffers from different Republican administrations might, just maybe, organize themselves in support of Biden. Every last one of them signed a letter a year ago saying they opposed Trump, so it's kind of like a kid saying something dramatic, not getting a reaction, then saying it again in hopes of getting the reaction the kid wanted the second time. Meanwhile, the move would mean nothing and can't lead anywhere, so this is nothing more than an astonishingly well-publicized donkey fart in the wind.

- The polls reported in the media seem to indicate that Biden is as much as ten points ahead. The same polls fed into 270toWin (see http://www.270towin.com/maps/c...ectoral-map-forecast ) project that the battleground states in the 2020 Presidential election will be, I believe, precisely the same battleground states that were up for grabs in 2016 - and all of which Trump won. The media can trumpet "10 points!" all day long. At best that just distracts Biden's supporters from the real problem that Biden still has to solve - and doesn't seem to have done anything to solve from the Delaware Bunker. At worst, the polls do their usual excellent job of telling their asses what the American people really think.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2...residential_election

- Jon Stewart reluctantly came out for Biden, and now he's actively campaigning for him. The problem is that he's preaching to the Huffy choir, and he's still whining about Biden's not being his first choice rather than trying to gin up excitement about the race. Either Stewart believes Democrats still need to be united behind Biden, or he hasn't quite united behind Biden. Either way, the picture that emerges is that Biden still bears the onus of getting the onagers onboard - or else.

- Obama helps Biden out with a fundraiser by putting in an appearance. Obama's the biggest gun in the jackass' arsenal and the biggest bang Biden can get out of him is a one-time relative improvement in donations.

I don't know how concerted these efforts really are - for all I know part of the weakness of the effort could be that it is being made by disparate groups engaged in disparate efforts. I don't really think it matters, though. Despite all the attacks on Trump in the media, despite all the noise the media is trying to generate around Biden (despite himself), the big story here is that the people trying to get Biden elected are throwing nothing but squibs.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
As to polls and predictions...whatever. All I know for sure is this. If Trump does win (and I believe he's got a very good shot at that outcome) this election will be the biggest failure in the the history of the Democratic party given what's at stake and what they've thrown at the effort. it will make Hillary's failure in 2016 pale in comparison.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Biden cancer nonprofit gave millions to top executives and little to cancer initiatives

https://www.washingtonexaminer...o-cancer-initiatives

A nonprofit organization Joe Biden established after his son died of cancer has cut big checks to executives but has offered very little toward research to stop the disease.

The Biden Cancer Initiative spent nearly two-thirds of its $4.8 million in funding on salaries and benefits for its executive members, according to a Thursday report from the Washington Free Beacon based on the organization's tax documents from 2017 and 2018.

The nonprofit organization was established in 2017 to continue the Obama administration's work on the "Moon Shot" program in response to the nation's "lack of a cohesive, comprehensive and timely approach to cancer prevention, detection, diagnosis, research, and care." The organization's mission was to address a disparity in cancer treatments, but very little of the group's funding went toward that goal that year and the next.

Of the organization's total revenue of $4.8 million over the two years, more than $3 million went toward salaries, and $1.7 million went toward other initiatives. Of the $1.7 million, $740,000 was spent on conventions, conferences, and meetings. The Biden Cancer Initiative did not cut a single grant check to outside organizations.

Charity watchdogs recommend that nonprofit organizations spend only 25% of their revenue on overhead expenses, such as salaries. Charity Navigator, an organization that rates nonprofit organizations to advise donors on the most effective charities, reported that the average mid-sized nonprofit organization paid its top executive $126,000 per year. The Biden Cancer Initiative paid its top executive, Greg Simon, $429,850 in 2018.

The Biden Cancer Initiative received most of its funding through direct payments from 57 partnerships with businesses in the drug and health insurance industries.

Biden stepped away from the nonprofit organization on July 11, 2019, and it halted operations as Biden geared up for his presidential bid.

"For more than two years, the Biden Cancer Initiative has focused on creating and implementing programs and platforms that accelerated progress against cancer,” Simon said in a statement about the organization's suspension.

“Today, we are suspending activities given our unique circumstances. We remain personally committed to the cause, but at this time will have to pause efforts. We thank the community for their incredible response to our mission to improve the cancer journey for patients and to improve outcomes for all patients for generations to come," he said.

Biden has listed finding a cure to cancer as a top goal he would continue working toward as president. His son Beau died of brain cancer in 2015.

Posts: 12681 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
Polls schmolls. Hitlery was supposedly up 6-8 percent the day before the 2016 election and look what happened. I’ll be completely honest, I’m not worried one bit about polls. They use their polls to try to discourage Republican voters from actually going out and voting.

It's just Democratic Funded voter suppression efforts, just like in 2016.

I wasn't very optimistic about things back in 2016, but the math person in me knew something was up when all the MSM touted was "Hillary leading National Poll numbers" and I thought "that really doesn't matter at all"...

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^Seriously, all the 'experts' gave Hitlery a 95% chance of winning the Election as late a 9:00 PM on election night! The only poll that matters is THE Poll (the tabulation of actual votes) on Election Day!

While I'm sure the intent of all these 'polls' is to discourage Conservative Voters, it can definitely backfire and have the opposite effect. By misleading all the Democrats / Leftists into thinking they've got the election 'in the bag' (and appealing to the the laziness and elitist mentality of their base), they may actually convince themselves they've already won, resulting in significant numbers not showing up on Election Day! Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8883 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
find it hard to believe that "being dead" is something that moves points in Biden's favor.

It may be hard to believe but I think it's true.
Scary. Eek
NO question they are trying to run out the clock.

Posts: 22906 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
So now Carly Fiorina, failed candidate for the 2016 Republican presidential nomination refuses to vote for Trump and will vote for Biden unless some other viable candidate magically pops up.

http://www.yahoo.com/news/carl...think-134634176.html

Look, Ma, it's another total non-event!

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Carly Fiorina, failed candidate for the 2016 Republican presidential nomination... sticks her finger in the wind, checks the polls, and panders as a media whore seeking attention:

Speaking to The Atlantic, Fiorina said the nation needs “a leader” and that “this moment calls upon Joe Biden to be a leader.”

Why does this not surprise me?

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24115 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Fiorina helped destroy Lucent Technologies. She doesn’t know squat about what this nation needs.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3968 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
So now Carly Fiorina, failed candidate for the 2016 Republican presidential nomination refuses to vote for Trump and will vote for Biden unless some other viable candidate magically pops up.

http://www.yahoo.com/news/carl...think-134634176.html

Look, Ma, it's another total non-event!

I would challenge Biden's camp to find one, just 1 person who says "Oh, I'm gonna vote for Joe because Carly said she was going to...".

Total non-event. More Swamp Creatures setting themselves up for posts in a potential Biden administration, since they know they'll never get one with Trump. They have nothing to lose, since they have no credibility, honor, integrity, or shame.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Baron Flynt:
I just did my taxes today and realized my employer paid over $7,000.00 this year for my health insurance. And we have a $1,000.00 deductible.

I think if half of that could be put towards a national healthcare plan and the other half paid to me in wages, I would like that and It would work fine.

If I left the job or got fired, my coverage would remain, within reason, mind you.

Our healthcare needs to be decoupled from our jobs. Citizenship should be treasured and it should come with affordable, yes, even downright cheap for the consumer healthcare. And that means bills that are affordable even if you work at McDonald’s for a living.

The system we have today is prohibitively expensive and is designed to discourage you from seeking care until you are dying. It is a shithole healthcare system and we pay more than anyone else in the world for it. We can easily do better with price controls on meds and procedures together with brainstorming from business experts already in the field.

Insurance is a scam and every one of us pays for it.We make them rich and we all suffer for it.

And the Affordable Care Act made things better? It’s amazing, for years The Detroit Free Press and the Detroit News had stories of how Canadians would come to Michigan and pay out of pocket for medical procedures and suddenly after the ACA was enacted those stories ended.

Once government gets involved it becomes a quagmire.

My premiums and deductibles went up tremendously once the ACA came to being. And that was with a BCBS Platinum level policy.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8100 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
a little more from wcb6092 post above

The Biden cancer group's financial disclosures may raise new questions about whether the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee allowed associates to profit off their access to him. Before going on to receive six-figure salaries from the Biden Cancer Initiative, Simon and the initiative's vice president, Danielle Carnival, previously worked for the Obama administration's Cancer Moonshot program

the Biden Cancer Initiative paid its president, Greg Simon, who pocketed $224,539 in 2017 and $429,850 in 2018

Simon was only one of several highly paid Biden Cancer Initiative executives. Carnival was also compensated handsomely, collecting a combined $391,897 in 2017 and 2018. Simon and Carnival were the only two individuals paid both years by the nonprofit.

During its second year in operation, the initiative added others to its payroll, including director of communications Cecilia Arradaza (who was paid $171,012), director of engagement Lisa Simms Booth ($197,544), and director of science policy Catherine Young ($170,904).

Simon told the Associated Press in 2019 that many of the group's attempted partnerships with medical organizations were "not successful."

Simon did not respond to inquiries on the Biden Cancer Initiative's finances and what the group had ultimately achieved before ceasing its operations.

No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
Fiorina helped destroy Lucent Technologies. She doesn’t know squat about what this nation needs.

She also led the demise of Hewlett Packard.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^Yup, she's a real superstar... Roll Eyes

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8883 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://justthenews.com/politi...r-financial-activity

Harold Schaitberger, the president of a 300,000 member firefighters union, faces allegations of improper financial activity, including a dispute over whether he received funds from a pension prematurely.

The Wall Street Journal described the 74-year-old, who has served as the president of the International Association of Firefighters since 2000, as a backer and "confidant" of presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden.

The union endorsed Biden during the Democratic presidential primary, and The Journal reported that in a Tuesday video conference with board members Schaitberger said that "we will have a key to the back door of the White House," should the Biden win the presidency.

Citing unnamed union officials and a memo that the treasurer sent to the board, The Journal also reported that Schaitberger did not pay roughly $1 million in taxes connected to more than $3 million of deferred compensation so far for leading the union.

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
The deluded old coot has emerged from his bunker apparently with the notion that he's one of the lucky few survivors of a nuclear holocaust. He's like Christopher Walken in Blast From The Past walking out of his bomb shelter after decades underground.

https://twitter.com/realDonald...312029360541698?s=20

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
The guy is a blithering DOLT. But the drooling moron DID correct himself quickly and only missed it by 3 zeros. The current figure is 120,000...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Bidenomics?

330,000,000 Americans in 2020
-150,000,000 "Americans had died from gun violence since 2007"
-120,000,000 "Americans died from the coronavirus"

=60,000,000 Americans left.

Se folks, Biden has fixed the overpopulation thing already. Only the ones who drive 45 MPH in the left lane are still here...

Guess there is a new word for that one:

Bidementia!

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you really want to see stupid, read the comments in the twitter feed. The level of TDS boggles the mind.

Posts: 772 | Location: Southeast Tennessee | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post