SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // Biden demands immediate Israel ceasefire
Page 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... 626
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // Biden demands immediate Israel ceasefire Login/Join 
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
They should just build a replica of the Oval Office at his house and tell him he is President. Let him dress up, go there everyday and let the MSM come in, fawn over him and ask questions. They don't do any news anymore anyway.

Posts: 8607 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
"Ask not what Joe Biden can do to this country; ask what Joe Biden can do to the Democrats in this election."

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Poor ole Joe....I agree with others in as much as he seems out to lunch but still holding on to Obamas coat tails. If there is anything possibly good coming from Joe, it's his wife. She still seems to have most of her picnic in her basket. At least for now.

Posts: 16 | Location: northwestern PA | Registered: January 31, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
BTW, the rigors of campaigning would have reduced Biden to this in 2016. It would have probably taken longer back then, but he was already getting senile. It was my fear that the DNC was going to let Hitlery get taken down for her crimes and install Biden just before the election in order to sneak him in on his likability without exposing his ineptitude.

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Best I could tell, he now wants to be a senator in South Carolina. Confused

Posts: 9138 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hunter Biden wants to delay child support deposition until after key primaries

https://www.washingtonexaminer...-after-key-primaries

Hunter Biden has asked a judge to delay his child support deposition until after key voting contests for his father, Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden, are over.

The deposition was scheduled for next week, but Biden is seeking to push it back to April 1, according to a court motion filed by his attorney on Tuesday, which was obtained by the Washington Free Beacon.

Biden agreed to take a paternity test in October after Lunden Alexis Roberts, an Arkansas woman, claimed he fathered her 18-month-old child. The child, whose name has not been disclosed, was born Aug. 28, 2018.

Biden denied publicly he had fathered the child, but Roberts said he had admitted otherwise to her in private. A DNA test later indicated that Biden was the father.

Biden’s attorney Brent Langdon said his client is not able to appear in Little Rock, Arkansas, next week for the deposition, calling it “unduly burdensome and oppressive.” Roberts had offered two dates for Biden to complete the court-ordered deposition — March 3, which is Super Tuesday, or March 5.

"Let me know what day works best for your client. If your client hasn't picked a day by tomorrow at 5 p.m., I will pick the day," Roberts's lawyer Jennifer Lancaster wrote to Langdon in a Feb. 17 email.

"My client can be available April 1, 2020," Langdon replied. “My client cannot be available prior to that date."

Joe Biden’s campaign has been fading after he failed to win in the first three nominating contests in Iowa, New Hampshire, and Nevada. He has been confident, however, that he can pull off a win in South Carolina, which holds its primary on Saturday.

Posts: 12648 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/poli...eryone-to-own-a-gun/

During the Wednesday night CNN town hall Democrat presidential hopeful Joe Biden claimed the Founding Fathers did not intend for “everyone” to own guns.

Biden:

“From the very beginning the Founder[s] said, ‘Not everyone is able to have a gun and you can’t have any weapon you want.'”

Posts: 19558 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Gosh, it almost sounds like Uncah Joe's decided to distinguish himself by picking one issue and hammering at it, doesn't it? And, unlike Bernie, he's had just enough sense to pick something that won't require him to explain how he proposes to pay for what he promises to do.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I hope Biden wins SC. And half the Super Tuesday. And they schedule 6 more debates.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
So it's only now, when the odds are beginning to bury him, that Biden's trying to gather the troops behind him. Does that make him the anti-Hillary, or does that just mean Biden never found his Dankie?

From today's Wall Street Journal, pages A1 and A4, by Ken Thomas, with some compression of sentences into paragraphs to save space:

quote:
Biden's Allies Push To Win Over Centrists

Joe Biden and his allies are trying to consolidate centrist voters behind his candidacy in the final days before Saturday's South Carolina primary, with a key leader in the state endorsing him and a super PAC that backs his bid making a major push for large donations.

Mr. Biden is running out of time to turn the presidential race into a one-on-one battle with Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders, the Democratic front-runner who ranks a close second - to Mr. Biden - in South Carolina in recent polls. The former vice president notched the biggest pre-primary prize in South Carolina on Wednsday, winning the endorsement of Rep. James Clyburn, the top-ranking black lawmaker in Congress and the most influential Democrat in the state. Mr. Clyburn invoked his late wife, Emily Clyburn, who died in September, and his constituents during an announcement in which he said he wanted the public to know who would back for president. "I know Joe. We know Joe. But most importantly, Joe knows us," Mr. Clyburn said.

The endorsement comes as the pro-Biden super PAC called Unite the Country has been pressing donors to help defend Mr. Biden here and in the coming 14-sates delegate sweepstakes known as Super Tuesday. The super PAC's organizers said that "the challenge we face is obvious: Senator Sanders has a solid, though not nearly majority base among Democratic primary voters, and the rest of the Democratic vote is still split 4-5-6 ways."

Mr. Biden is competing in a crowded lane of center-left rivals - alongside former South Bend, Ind., Mayor Pete Buttigieg and Minnesota Sen. Amy Klobuchar - that is splintering votes among multiple candidates as Mr. Sanders rises. The Vermont lawmaker won the Nevada primary on Saturday, secured a narrow win in New Hampshire and essentially tied for first in Iowa earlier this month. Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren, who has challenged Mr. Sanders for the hearts of liberals, has used two strong debate performances to present herself as the candidate who can unite the party, but she is lagging behind in delegates. And in South Carolina, billionaire activist Tom Steyer has spent more than $21 million in advertising, threatening to siphon votes from Mr. Biden among African-Americans.

As Mr. Sanders aims for victories in coming delegate-rich states such as California and Texas, the dynamics in the race among the group of moderates create little incentive for any candidate to leave the race unless they run out of money. Mr. Buttigieg, who narrowly won Iowa and finished second in New Hampshire, is trailing Mr. Sanders in the hunt for delegates. And both Ms. Klobuchar and Ms. Warren have home-state contests on March 3, giving them a potential opportunity to capture delegates. Mr. Biden, who once led national polls, hopes to use South Carolina as a launchpad for the March states, including many in the South with large African-American communities.

No one wants to cede ground to billionaire Michael Bloomberg, who is pouring hundreds of millions of dollars into states holding primaries in March and will be on the ballot for the first time on Super Tuesday. That means that Mr. Sanders, as the leading liberal in the race, could pile up delegates on Super Tuesday and build a potentially insurmountable lead against a fractured field. "That's the dilemma," said Matt Bennett, a co-founder of the centrist think tank Third Way. "I don't think anyone has a solution to that problem." Mr. Bennett added: "Everyone stipulates that it would be better if we could get down to one sooner and no one has the faintest idea how that could possibly happen...No one is going to push any of them out of the race at this point."

Publicly, at least, no one is calling for any of the candidates to drop out. "I'm not in the life-coaching buisness, and I'm only giving advice to one candidates and that is Joe Bide," said Rep. Cedric Richmond (D., La.), a co-chairman of Mr. Biden's campaign, when asked if others should step aside. "Other campaigns will have to make their own decisions after we win South Carolina on Saturday." Jeff Weaver, a senior advisor to Mr. Sanders, recalled his role as Mr. Sanders' driver during the senator's long-shot - and losing - bid for governor in Vermont as a third-party candidate in 1986. "If people want to run, they should run," Mr. Weaver said. But he added: "It's no secret that there are a few candidates on stage for whom the next week may be decisive in their future prospects."

The pro-Biden super PAC has noted in its pitch to donors that several states holding primaries on March 3 have large African-American populations that could help the former vice president, including Alabama, Arkansas, North Carolina, Tennessee and Virginia. "It boils down to this: The month of March will decide whether Democrats will nominate Senator Sanders or someone else," organizers said in their memo. "The only other viable option at this point is Joe Biden. But the time to act is now."

Regarding the last few lines - yes, yes, very good, but how has that argument worked out for Michael Bloomberg?

Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
The Bidens' business dealings in Ukraine come under more scrutiny...finally.

Joe Biden under probe in Ukraine for alleged link to top prosecutor’s 2016 ouster: report

By Dom Calicchio | Fox News

Investigators in Ukraine have launched a probe into former U.S. Vice President Joe Biden over allegations that he pressured Ukrainian officials to fire the country’s top prosecutor in 2016, according to a report.

The Ukrainian probe was launched in response to a court order, after the ousted prosecutor, Viktor Shokin, made an appeal for action in the matter, Shokin’s attorney, Oleksandr Teleshetsky, told The Washington Post.

“They need to investigate this. They have no other alternative,” Teleshetsky told the Post. “They are required to do this by the decision of the court. If they don't, then they violate a whole string of procedural norms.”

Ukraine’s State Bureau of Investigations confirmed a probe was underway, the Post reported.

Shokin has long objected to his removal, claiming Biden – who’s now running for president -- pushed for his firing because the prosecutor tried to investigate Burisma Holdings, the Ukrainian gas company where Biden’s son, Hunter Biden, was a highly paid board member, reportedly receiving $83,000 per month.

Both Bidens have repeatedly denied any wrongdoing in connection with Ukraine. Hunter Biden pledged last year to avoid business deals with foreign entities if his father becomes president.

<Report continues at link>

https://www.foxnews.com/politi...s-2016-ouster-report

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2102 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
"It boils down to this: The month of March will decide whether Democrats will nominate Senator Sanders or someone else," organizers said in their memo. "The only other viable option at this point is Joe Biden. But the time to act is now."

Regarding the last few lines - yes, yes, very good, but how has that argument worked out for Michael Bloomberg?

The interesting thing is that Biden really has to prove himself in S. Carolina because Bloomberg isn't even on the ballot. Starting on Super Tuesday, it becomes even harder for Biden to make that case.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24044 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:

... Mr. Biden is running out of time to turn the presidential race into a one-on-one battle with Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders...

Oh please, please make it happen, DNC. You can do this. I believe in you.

posted Hide Post
Joe Biden Admits He Was Never Arrested in South Africa

https://www.breitbart.com/2020...frica-i-was-stopped/

Appearing Friday on CNN’s New Day, former Vice President Joe Biden admitted he was never arrested in South Africa while on a Congressional delegation trip to meet anti-apartheid leader Nelson Mandela in the 1970s.

Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 33748 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
The Senate, the Supreme Court...they're all just a bunch of clubs when you've been in DC for half a century.

As for Bloomberg, maybe he makes it harder for Biden, maybe not. We know Bloomberg can buy movement in the polls but we're still waiting to see proof that he moves actual voters.

posted Hide Post
So Hunter will get megabucks from his paintings?Seems like those affiliated with the Dems can always make huge sums from books nobody reads and now fine art. Big Grin
Now we know why he is too busy to go to his deposition in Arkansas.

Hunter Biden takes up painting after being 'addicted to crack for four years'

https://www.washingtonexaminer...crack-for-four-years

Fresh off years of drug addiction, a presidential impeachment saga that involved his work in Ukraine, and agreeing to pay child support to an Arkansas stripper he impregnated, Hunter Biden is pursuing a career in painting.

In a pool house-turned-art studio behind his 2,000-square-foot Hollywood Hills home, Biden, dressed in work boots and a pearl snap button-down shirt, is painting psychedelic florals in ink. The New York Times featured the son of former Vice President Joe Biden in a lengthy profile in which Hunter Biden said painting is "literally keeping me sane."

“For years, I wouldn’t call myself an artist. Now, I feel comfortable saying it," Biden said. “You have to be really focused in order to be able to alter it to your own imagination.”

Biden, who has struggled with alcohol and drug addiction, has recently been involved in a paternity case. Biden has attempted to hide his financial records and delay the child support deposition until after key primary states in his father's run for the presidency are decided.

Biden's name was highlighted throughout President Trump's impeachment investigation after the president asked Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky to look into Joe and Hunter Biden's dealings in the country.

Biden said his new wife, 33-year-old Melissa Cohen, hates when he gets painting supplies on his clothes. "I always get my pants dirty,” Biden said. “I don’t even notice it, but Melissa hates it.” He got a tattoo of the word "shalom" on his left bicep the day after meeting Cohen, who lived in Israel for seven years.

“I was addicted to crack for four years,” he said. “I went through a really long period of addiction, and I was at a point where I didn’t read, write, think. I don’t do things halfway. That can be a problem.”

Biden, 50, is expecting a fifth child, this one with Cohen.

Biden has no formal training as a painter and has yet to land gallery representation, but he plans on exhibiting his work in the future. Collector Beth Rudin DeWoody, a former board member of the Whitney Museum in New York City, said she believes Biden can have a successful career in the art world due to his prominent last name.

Biden is not the first high-profile member of politics to turn to a career in painting. Former President George W. Bush has been hailed as a contemporary artist after his figurative paintings were revealed to the public following his two terms in the Oval Office.

Biden said painting allows him to put his energy toward a positive place and that his ink pieces are the "one thing they can’t take away from me."

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/poli...woman-to-the-senate/

Biden:

“I’m looking forward to appointing the first African American woman to the United States Senate,”

https://twitter.com/i/status/1233443691546714113

The confusing statement comes after Biden promised to nominate the first black woman to the Supreme Court if he wins the White House.

The former vice president falsely claimed at this week’s debate that 150 million Americans have died from gun violence since 2007. Federal government data shows roughly 156,000 have died of firearm-related homicides.

156,000 over 13 years sounds about right. He just got his thousands and millions mixed up.

Posts: 19558 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Sounds like it's time for Joe to mambo dogface to the banana patch.

Posts: 107459 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post