SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // Biden demands immediate Israel ceasefire
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 628
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // Biden demands immediate Israel ceasefire Login/Join 
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GGF:
Shotgun Joe can say whatever he wants.

He's never gonna' be President.

Thin in spades Big Grin

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10586 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Good one, Joe. Keep 'em coming.

Former Vice President Joe Biden claimed that “poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids,” while addressing the Asian and Latino Coalition in Des Moines, Iowa, on Thursday.

“We should challenge these students, we should challenge students in these schools to have advanced placement programs in these schools,” the former vice president said when discussing the need to improve America’s education system. “We have this notion that somehow if you’re poor you cannot do it, poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Biden quickly attempted to clarify his remarks by adding “wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids” to the end of his previous sentence.

The gaffe comes just as Biden was moving past the recent controversy surrounding his praise of two segregationist Democrats, the late Sens. James Eastland (D-MS) and Herman Talmadge (D-GA). Biden invoked the men, who dedicated their careers to halting the progress of civil rights, at a fundraiser in New York City in June while touting his ability to get “things done” in Congress.
https://www.breitbart.com/2020...ented-as-white-kids/

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
“We should challenge these students, we should challenge students in these schools..."

Yes, you should! But you haven't.
How long have you and the Democrats run public education in these failing cities?
Over 50 years, at least!

Instead of public education raising people up it has dumbed them down and trapped them in a cycle of dependency and poverty.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24108 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Just wait til Nadler (in a continuing search for his own relevance) goes against Pelosi and tries to initiate impeachment proceedings....continuing to divide the demonrats and galvanize more support for Trump.

quote:
Originally posted by PD:
We are very fortunate to have the current selection of Democratic candidates and the 4 girl squad in the House. The more they speak the better it is for Trump. Now if Trump would only shut off his tweeter Mad

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Joe is having a good week.

Here's some more inappropriateness:

Uncle Joe’s Response to Female Reporter’s Question on Latino Running Mate: ‘Are You Available’?

VANESSA HAUC, CORRESPONDENT, TELEMUNDO: If you had to choose a running mate today, who are you thinking about?

JOE BIDEN, 2020 PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE: Are you available?

Link

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
I become more and more convinced that the Democrats are simply leading their "sacrificial lambs" to the slaughter. "Front-runner" Biden is, just like the rest of the pack of numbnuts, unelectable as president. It seems to me the Democrats just want to clear the table of the chaff, hoping they can come up with some wheat in 2024.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:
I liked my previous health plan, but the premiums almost tripled under his watch and then the company hit me with previously unknown deductibles, increased co-pay amounts, reduced in-hospital costs to 80% instead of 100% coverage...then phased out that plan.

Those are my most prominent memories of the previous administration.

In '98 I had medical treatment that entailed one ER, admittance in two hospitals,cath lab, next day surgery seven days in facilities, ambulance ride, visiting nurse, therapy in hospital together with them transporting me to and from treatment. BC/BS top plan, my out of pocket was for TV and phone in my room and not one dime more. Fast forward to '15, outpatient shoulder surgery and PT. Resulted in several thousand dollars out of pocket, again top of the line BC/BS coverage.

Not to mention that between 2009 to 2017 when I retired my BC/BS went up more than double.

Thanks ACA.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8100 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spinnin' Chain
Picture of Expat
posted Hide Post
Biden tells Iowans: 'We choose truth over facts'
by Zachary Halaschak
| August 08, 2019 06:19 PM

Joe Biden, the 2020 Democratic front-runner crowd, left some in the crowd at the Iowa State Fair mystified when he told them: We choose truth over facts."

Telling Lefties The Truth

Posts: 3240 | Location: Oregun | Registered: August 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
The more I hear Joe talk, the more I think he was never anything but an insurance policy for Obama. If Obama was killed while in office, then Joe takes over. Oh, hell no!
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

I asked myself if I was crazy, and we all said no.

Posts: 1683 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
"Bingo!"

-Biden

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29695 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Expat:
by Zachary Halaschak

Joe Biden, the 2020 Democratic front-runner crowd, left some in the crowd at the Iowa State Fair mystified when he told them: We choose truth over facts."

[

Haha, I knew there was another one that I was forgetting. That was it. Truth over facts...what?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by Expat:
by Zachary Halaschak

[

Haha, I knew there was another one that I was forgetting. That was it. Truth over facts...what?

This is working out according to plan. Their most-worrisome candidate - the only one that might appeal to enough centrists to matter - is imploding. Smile

Posts: 15027 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
Instead of public education raising people up it has dumbed them down and trapped them in a cycle of dependency and poverty.
To be fair, a failed educational system (depending on your viewpoint of what it was put in place to accomplish) is only one of the Dem's agendas that destroy the futures of millions of people. Add to it their successful assault on the family and religion, and they've destroyed the lives of millions while dragging the country part way down the drain.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
Apparently, Ol' Joe grabbed some chick's arm at the Iowa state fair. Video at the link.

https://summit.news/2019/08/09...ing-iowa-state-fair/

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I guess you do not expect questions about gender in Iowa. Maybe corn and pigs. Better prep next time Joe!

Posts: 17234 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Well at least he didn't say poor kids were just as smart as white kids. Razz

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:
Apparently, Ol' Joe grabbed some chick's arm at the Iowa state fair. Video at the link.

https://summit.news/2019/08/09...ing-iowa-state-fair/
"At least three?" Say what?

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is the pat answer:
There’s only one good answer to the question of how many genders there are: Gender is a spectrum, and there are as many gender definitions as there needs to for every person to have a label that feels true to themselves.

That answer was probably hard for Old Joe to memorize. Best wing it with a cool response like "Don't mess with me kid". Clint Eastwood could pull that off,not Joe. He comes out totally clueless about gender issues.

Posts: 17234 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
If this lamebrain is the candidate it's going to be fun. New reality show starring JOE BIDEN. Hi folks, welcome to this edition of "Gaffs Galore". Our current undefeated champion is running for president and is about as gaff prone as they come...…..Lets welcome Plugs Biden.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
This is the pat answer:
There’s only one good answer to the question of how many genders there are: Gender is a spectrum, and there are as many gender definitions as there needs to for every person to have a label that feels true to themselves.

That answer was probably hard for Old Joe to memorize. Best wing it with a cool response like "Don't mess with me kid". Clint Eastwood could pull that off,not Joe. He comes out totally clueless about gender issues.
There are only 3 genders: masculine, feminine, and neuter. They are grammatical entities applied to nouns and pronouns in some languages (English now applies them only to the "personal pronouns" he, she, and it and their declensions. There are only 2 sexes: male and female, and they apply to all living things. The sooner we make the confused and troubled souls who think otherwise aware that we won't go along with their hallucinations, the better.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post