SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..."
Page 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 619
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." Login/Join 
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
He's full of malarkey.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5679 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 8575 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
After the NH primary tomorrow when he comes in fifth, Crazy Joe will “suspend” his campaign because the $s will be drying up. Bye-bye.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2692 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Joe Biden Craters In New Hampshire....

The latest installment of the 7 News/Emerson College tracking poll in New Hampshire, conducted Feb. 7-8, showed Sanders at 30 percent, Buttigieg at 20 percent, Sen. Amy Klobuchar at 13 percent, Sen. Elizabeth Warren at 12 percent and former Vice President Joe Biden at 11 percent.

Joe Biden Craters In national poll...

Quinnipiac national poll of 2020 Democrats

Sanders 25% (+4 since late Jan.)
Biden 17% (-9)
Bloomberg 15% (+7)
Warren 14% (-1)
Buttigieg 10% (+4)
Klobuchar 4% (-3)

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23896 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
Joe Biden Craters In New Hampshire....

Joe Biden Craters In national poll...

Quinnipiac national poll of 2020 Democrats

Sanders 25% (+4 since late Jan.)
Biden 17% (-9)
Bloomberg 15% (+7)
Warren 14% (-1)
Buttigieg 10% (+4)
Klobuchar 4% (-3)

Joe is yesterday's toast. Be worried about Bloomberg. Have you investigated the possible outcome from a "brokered convention"? Follow the money.

Posts: 3248 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Eh, I'll have a lot more faith in Bloomberg's candidacy once he actually corrals some delegates. If he's "brokered" into the nomination without proving he's viable within the party then basically you can count on a huge chunk of the Dems staying home - and the Dems know that.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Biden: "Those who say 'the tree of liberty is watered with the blood of patriots' -- a great line, well, guess what: The fact is, if you’re going to take on the government you need an F-15 with Hellfire Missiles. There is no way an AK-47 is going to take care of you."

It’s unclear from Biden’s rant what exactly would trigger him to call out a Hellfire missile strike on gun owners who object to his gun control plans

Biden is making a huge mistake by nonchalantly threatening to bomb American towns and cities because he’s bothered by a quote from Thomas Jefferson

we’re already seeing resistance to gun laws in places like New York, New Jersey, and California, where compliance rates for new bans on firearms and magazines are in the single digits. That’s the reality that Biden and other anti-gun politicians have to deal with, and threatening airstrikes isn’t a realistic strategy. In fact, it’s a call to tyranny.

https://bearingarms.com/cam-e/...missiles-gun-owners/

Posts: 19485 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Is that your interpretation of what he said? To me, it looks like he's saying to defend yourself against the government requires heavier hardware than a rifle.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18016 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I disagree, Orguss. There’s a very distinct threat in there. You don’t even have to read between the lines.

They want our rifles so they don’t have to use Hellfire missiles and mini nukes. Better to quietly disappear people than blow them into kibbles in front of so many cameras. Optics, and all that.

Posts: 17035 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Either way, Biden's trying to score points as an antigunner by making a slightly complex but not obviously clear argument in the wake of the whole ponyface dog thing. I think it's basically gonna draw a broad-based "WTF?" and generate no traction.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
The tired, old, facile argument that the 2nd amendment is useless against a people's own government because the government has tanks, fighter jets, advanced weaponry, etc, etc, is the type of argument made by ignorant, uneducated children who know nothing of the world and of history.

Children. Juvenile, puerile children...the likes of Biden, Bloomberg, and fartman himself Swalwell being the perfect examples of.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30280 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
Biden, Swallows-well, et al. all make the same grave error. The assumption that an all volunteer military - largely comprised of the children of conservative parents - will open fire on said parents, at the word and whim of whatever flavor-of-the-week politician is false.

An all volunteer military doesn't behave like the hired guns that guard these pricks. They don't just do whatever somebody says for a check.

They are much more like the overwhelming percentage of sheriff's departments who said "absolutely not" to Virginia's bullshit.

People keep forgetting, the only thing that makes any law, writ, or order on earth, even remotely enforceable, is the willing participation of the governed. If the populace won't follow a law, and LE will not or can not enforce that law, the law is void. Regardless of how much or how loudly chicken-littles cry, or how much politicians whine. VOID.

Back on track, Biden is the drowning man, casting about in a panic for any life preserver he can find. He knows he's tanking like a rock star. Obama won't endorse him because he knows for certain how dumb the guy is. Think about it, how does the most controversial president ever elected avoid any threat to his well being? By selecting the dumbest mfer on earth to be second in command. I give you Joe - derp - Biden.

He's going nowhere, but that's no surprise. The real surprise is how fractured dems are. The establishment wants Warren or Biden, but all the momentum on the ground is behind the commie Bernie.

It's hilarious. The limo-libs want the rich establishment thing, while pretending to be the party of the people. But the commies - who say they are for the people, but can't win the general - are the only ones showing up at the polls in the primary. From the numbers I'm seeing, I think more people voted for Trump in Iowa than all dems combined in Iowa. That's not a good sign for the out-of-power party hoping for a changing of the guard.

Posts: 10723 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I'm sure king George thought he was invincible too.....

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29578 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/poli...eaves-new-hampshire/

Former Vice President Joe Biden announced Tuesday morning, in the midst of voting in the New Hampshire primary, that he is leaving the state, skipping his “victory” party.

Instead, Biden said, he would go on to campaign in South Carolina, where he hopes to win the state.

Biden once led the polls in New Hampshire, but lost his lead several months ago. He now trails Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT); former South Bend, Indiana, Mayor Pete Buttigieg; and Sen. Amy Klobuchar (D-MN) in the latest polls. He is battling Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) for fourth place, and could even finish sixth if one of the second-tier campaigns takes advantage of his weakness to turn out their voters.

The victory party will still be held, but he will address supporters remotely, according to a campaign statement.

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I wonder how long, at this point, before he announces he’s suspending his campaign.

Posts: 17035 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Biden is going down faster than a $3 hooker

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53053 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
Dead man walking.

To me, it never seemed that ol' Joe was actually engaged in his own campaign. Part of it may have been his feeling of entitlement ("it's my turn") and part of it may be he's just going through the motions because it's expected of him.

Hell, he's made enough money off all the graft the Biden family has been raking in. Plus, his brain is head south. Fast.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Part of it may have been his feeling of entitlement ("it's my turn") and part of it may be he's just going through the motions because it's expected of him.

Obama (reportedly) warned Biden:

“You don’t have to do this, Joe, you really don’t,” Obama told Biden earlier this year, according to The New York Times.

Their report goes on to say that Obama quietly tried to convince his vice president to sit out of the 2016 presidential race, arguing that former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton had a better chance to build upon his eight years as president. He was also worried about Biden's state of mind following the death of his son, Beau.

In response to Obama telling him he didn't have to run, Biden, who believes he would've beaten President Trump in 2016, said that he wouldn't be able to live with himself if he didn't take this opportunity the second time around.

Since then though, Obama has quietly chided Biden, saying that his advisers and inner circle are "too old and out of touch with the current political climate," The Times' report added.

Obama met with two of Biden's advisers in March and told them regardless of the outcome of the election, the most important thing was that Biden doesn't “embarrass himself” or “damage his legacy."

https://www.washingtonexaminer...to-run-for-president

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23896 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Never trust an old democrat who can’t help himself from calling an 11 year old boy “honey” Frown...

Maybe he is watching Airplane for pickup lines... I really don’t believe he can help himself...

Biden: “You ever been in a cockpit before?”
Joey: “No sir, I've never been up in a plane before.”
Biden: “You ever seen a grown man naked?”

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10576 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post