SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..."
Page 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 619
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Judge in Hunter Biden's Child Support Case Recuses Himself

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...ses-himself-n2558789

In the midst of the impeachment saga that is currently plaguing Congress, Hunter Biden finds himself in the middle of a drawn out court battle with his baby's mother, Luden Roberts. The two met at Mpire Gentlemen's Club in Washington, D.C., where Roberts worked and Biden frequented. A DNA test recently confirmed that Biden is indeed the father, despite his repeated denials.

Roberts has, understandably, gone after Biden for child support, health care and legal fees. At the end of November, Biden filed a motion in the Arkansas Circuit Court of Independence for a protective order to shield his financial records from being made public. His attorneys argued that his financial records could be used "in an inappropriate or malicious manner for reasons that have absolutely nothing to do with these proceeding."

The judge in the case, Don McSpadden, ordered both Roberts and Biden to hand over five years worth of financial records as a means of determining how much child support Biden has to cough up. What makes this interesting: McSpadden's order would force Biden to reveal his position at Burisma, the Ukrainian gas company that hired Biden to sit on its board of directors despite having no natural energy experience. He would also have to reveal just how much money he was paid. We know the figure sits at $50,000 to $83,000 a month.

Roberts has also demanded that Biden admit he sat on the board of Burisma and received a monthly paycheck from the company and that "he 'or an entity owned, controlled or under your direction or supervision' received money from a Chinese person or entity for foreign and domestic investment purposes."

Early in December McSpadden decided to seal Biden's financial records, meaning the American people will not know the exact amount of money he made off his father's political career... at least for now.

Biden has repeatedly said he cannot afford to pay child support because he has been unemployed since May 2019 and has incurred major debt from a divorce with his ex-wife, Kathleen Biden. But it was recently revealed that he purchased a $2.5 million dollar house in Beverly Hills, California in mid-June, although how much he paid for it is currently unknown.

The case took a wild turn when McSpadden suddenly recused himself from the case Tuesday morning, although it is unclear why, the Arkansas Democrat Gazette reported. During the Tuesday court meeting, Roberts' attorneys pressed McSpadden to hold Biden in contempt of court for failing to produce his financial documents.

One of Roberts' attorneys, Clinton Lancaster, applauded the judge's decision.

"One of the clearest indicators of a judge’s integrity is when he or she recuses from a case,” Clinton said. "It highlights the ethos and values that make the judiciary such a powerful, separate branch of government. Our client sincerely thanks Judge McSpadden for his time and attention to what has become a difficult and convoluted child support matter."

The next scheduled hearing with McSpadden was scheduled for Tuesday, January 7th, although that court date is expected to be pushed back.

Posts: 12516 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
I wonder how a guy who is so wrong on nearly every issue, is so corrupt, so disconnected, whose mind is so foggy, gets elected for so long. It’s a mystery ain’t it?

I just look at the "rogues' gallery" which is the U. S. Congress, and remain convinced elections are rigged!

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kramden:
Biden has those moments that he fancys himself to be John Wayne. A real tough don't mess with me type of guy. At least that's how he sees it. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!

From what I've read of Biden's behavior through the years, I'd say he was a pretty tough/evil person. Would not want to cross him in his prime.

Posts: 464 | Location: NC | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by heathtx:
The IRS filing against Hunter is a great way to start 2020!

That’s the best news I’ve heard all day.

Posts: 17035 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:
Originally posted by heathtx:
The IRS filing against Hunter is a great way to start 2020!

That’s the best news I’ve heard all day.

Happy New Year!

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8310 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Joe Biden Urges Voters to Make 2020 the Year for Gun Control

https://www.breitbart.com/poli...ear-for-gun-control/

Democrat presidential hopeful Joe Biden launched into the New Year by urging voters to make 2020 the year for gun control.

Biden did this while re-tweeting an Associated Press story which showed an elevated number of mass killings in the U.S. in 2019.

Ironically, the list was not simply about firearm-related killings, it included killings carried out with axes, knives, and other weapons too.

Moreover, the AP story showed California–the state with more gun control than any other–also had the most “mass slayings” of any state in 2019.

But Biden re-tweeted the story anyway, and used it to call for gun control:

Joe Biden

@JoeBiden

2019 was a year of record violence — it will be a moral failure if we allow 2020 to be the same. We have to elect leaders with the courage to take on the @NRA and pass common-sense gun safety reform. We have to end this epidemic. https://twitter.com/latimes/st.../1211811208157904896
Los Angeles Times

@latimes

U.S. mass killings hit new high in 2019; most were shootings https://www.latimes.com/world-...lings-shootings-2019
5:02 PM - Dec 31, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy

1,594 people are talking about this

On December 29, 2019, armed congregants at West Freeway Church of Christ, White Settlement, Texas, responded to an armed attacker. One congregant shot and killed the perpetrator just seconds after the attack began.

Just months earlier, Biden had criticized Texas’ law allowing concealed carriers to be armed in church for self-defense. He described the law as “absolutely irrational.”

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Brad Parscale:

Prediction: After 2020, it will be Biden, not coal miners, who will need to learn to code.

Posts: 19485 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hunter Biden tries to postpone Arkansas court hearing in paternity case

https://pagesix.com/2020/01/02...g-in-paternity-case/

Hunter Biden wants to postpone an Arkansas court hearing he was ordered to appear in as part of the paternity case against him.

Lawyers for Biden, 49, argued in a filing on Thursday that their client didn’t receive “proper notice” about the Jan. 7 hearing in Independence County Circuit Court and that he “resides in California and is unable to appear.”

Should the judge choose not to postpone the hearing, Biden asked to appear by phone.

The son of ex-Vice President Joe Biden is being sued by a former Washington, DC, stripper for paternity and child support.

Lunden Alexis Roberts, 28, says she gave birth to Biden’s kid, “Baby Doe,” in ­August 2018 and that DNA tests ruled with “scientific certainty” that he’s the dad.

Next week’s court date was originally set by Judge Don McSpadden on Dec. 2.

Biden was a no-show at hearing that day, as his former attorneys unexpectedly filed papers saying they’d been fired.

Judge McSpadden abruptly recused himself on New Year’s Eve and apparently confirmed in an email filed by Biden’s new lawyer, Brent Langdon, that the Jan. 7 hearing was off.

But the new judge in the case, Holly Meyer, put the “hearing on all pending motions” back on the books Thursday.

It wasn’t clear why McSpadden recused himself.

Langdon argued in his motion for continuance that his client should have gotten a 20-day notice.

He also wants a hearing on a request for a protective order that would keep Biden’s financial situation under wraps, citing the “extraordinary amount of attention by media and non-interested third parties.”

Langdon didn’t immediately respond to an email, but previously told The Post that he does not comment on pending cases.

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...-laden-raid-n2558934

Biden in 2012 about the Osama Bin Laden raid:

“Mr. President, my suggestion is, don’t go -- we have to do two more things to see if he’s there,”

when recently asked about that, Biden denied saying it

see video at link

posted Hide Post
I didn't want to soil the salami thread so will add this here.

Here's biden saying They solved the Iran Problem by putting it on the Back Burner- Which means putting it aside so someone more capable can properly address it.

We Donald Trump is addressing it.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbMV9kqDG74

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13385 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...-my-husband-n2559356

Former Second Lady Jill Biden is hitting back at Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) after he made the comment that former Vice President Joe Biden has too much political "baggage" that makes it hard to excite voters.

According to Jill, Sanders' comments are "ridiculous."

"Joe has been under attack because he's doing so well. And I don't like it that Democrats attack other Democrats. We're in this race against Donald Trump. We're not against any of the other Democrats," the former second lady told CNN. "As I travel around the country people are saying to me, 'Jill, we don't like it, that the Democrats are attacking one another,' and I agree with that."

"Democrats can't win without Independent support. A lot of people say, 'You know, I voted for Trump last time, but I'm sorry I did it.'

yeah, like the guy that said that, but then said he had "misspoke" when he was told he didn't even vote in 2016

And they said, 'I want to vote for someone who is pragmatic, who's a moderate, who's reasonable, who can achieve things.' And, and that's my husband," she explained. "So, I think people want someone [who's] a moderate, who can appeal to Democrats, Independents and Republicans."

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

Former Second Lady Jill Biden is hitting back at Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) after he made the comment that former Vice President Joe Biden has too much political "baggage" that makes it hard to excite voters.

"Joe has been under attack because he's doing so well. And I don't like it that Democrats attack other Democrats. We're in this race against Donald Trump. We're not against any of the other Democrats," the former second lady told CNN. "As I travel around the country people are saying to me, 'Jill, we don't like it, that the Democrats are attacking one another,' and I agree with that."

"Democrats can't win without Independent support. A lot of people say, 'You know, I voted for Trump last time, but I'm sorry I did it.'

yeah, like the guy that said that, but then said he had "misspoke" when he was told he didn't even vote in 2016

And they said, 'I want to vote for someone who is pragmatic, who's a moderate, who's reasonable, who can achieve things.' And, and that's my husband," she explained. "So, I think people want someone [who's] a moderate, who can appeal to Democrats, Independents and Republicans."

When you have to send out your wife to defend you.You are probably very weak.

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
as best I can tell, this is real

an email sent to Biden supporters

https://milled.com/joe-biden-2...dad-IGH1Hyz3KgEKhM3I

Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
When you have to send out your wife to defend you.You are probably very weak.

Well, Gov. Ralph "Coonman" Northam seems to have survived after his wife Jill came to his aid...

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
as best I can tell, this is real

an email sent to Biden supporters

https://milled.com/joe-biden-2...dad-IGH1Hyz3KgEKhM3I

Posts: 17035 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get busy living
or get busy dying!
Picture of heathtx
posted Hide Post
quote:

I guess that Jill Biden does not understand the the current field of demoratic (sic) hopefuls have to be reduced to one nominee. So therefore they are running against each other right now.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Rockwall County (God's Country) TX | Registered: February 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
And addressing what “they” said, I’d like to know exactly what President Trump HASN’T achieved?? Ohhhhhhhh...he’s not giving you free shit and you have to go out and work. Ok...I get it now.

Friggin’ LOSERS... Roll Eyes

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11016 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/clip...ed-my-surviving-son/

Wolf Blitzer asked, “Vice President Biden if you’re the nominee, is it going to be harder to run against President Trump if he’s been acquitted and able to claim vindication especially after what he said about your family?”

Biden said, “It’s irrelevant. There’s no choice but to for the Nancy Pelosi and the House to move. He has, in fact, committed impeachable offenses. Whether the Senate is for them to decide, by the way, I’m told that I say we have to unite the country, and it will be harder after this trial. It may be.”

He added, “But look, I understand how these guys are —this Republican Party —they have gone after, savaged my surviving son, gone after me, told lies your networks won’t carry on TV because they are flat out lies and I did my job.

"savaged my surviving son" how pathetic

The question is whether or not he did his job? And he hasn’t done his job. So it doesn’t really matter whether or not he is gone after me. I have to be in a position I think of the American people. I can’t hold a grudge. I have to be able to not only fight but heal. And as president of the United States, that is what I will attempt to do. Notwithstanding, there is going to be a more division after he’s defeated by me this next time.”

posted Hide Post
Fact Check: Joe Biden Falsely Claims to Have Defeated ISIS

https://www.breitbart.com/2020...-have-defeated-isis/

Former Vice President Joe Biden falsely claimed on Tuesday that the administration of Barack Obama defeated ISIS.

Biden, who has come under fire in recent weeks for attempting to rewrite his past foreign policy positions in a more favorable light, made the claim during the Democrat presidential primary debate in Des Moines, Iowa.

In particular, the former vice president argued it was of vital importance to cooperate with foreign nations in routing out terrorist organizations and ensuring global stability.

Biden said of his work in the Obama administration:

I was part of the coalition that put together 68 counties to deal with stateless terror as well as failed states. Not us alone, 68 other countries, that’s how we were able to defeat and end the caliphate [of] ISIS.

The former vice president’s claim, however, does not stand up upon closer inspection. ISIS—officially the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant—was founded in 1999 but did not rise to significant power until the early-2010s.

The terrorist group specifically took advantage of the destabilized situation in Iraq and Syria during the Obama administration to advance its numbers and territorial claims. At the group’s height, it controlled large swaths of both Syria and Iraq.

Contrary to Biden’s claims, the Obama administration proved inept in fighting the terror group. It was only after President Donald Trump took office in 2017 that ISIS began to hemorrhage fighters and territory.

In 2019, thanks to an intensified strategy, U.S. forces not only killed Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, the long-serving leader of ISIS, but also the individual most likely to replace him, leaving the terrorist organization in turmoil.

posted Hide Post
Joe Biden Again Dismisses China Threat on Day of ‘Profiles in Corruption’ Release

https://www.breitbart.com/poli...-revelations-emerge/

Former Vice President Joe Biden once again ridiculed the notion that the United States should take a tougher stance against China amid fresh revelations that the 2020 Democrat’s youngest son, Hunter Biden, forged lucrative business agreements with mysterious Chinese firms.

“We talk about China as our competitor, we should be helping and benefiting ourselves by doing that,” Biden told supporters during a Tuesday campaign event in Ames, Iowa. “But the idea that China is going to eat our lunch — It’s like I remember the debates in the late nineties — remember Japan was going to own us? Give me a break.”

Biden made similar remarks in May, where he scoffed at the idea of China would overtake the U.S. amid their widespread issues with corruption.

“China is going to eat our lunch?” Biden asked during a campaign event in Iowa City, Iowa. “Come on, man… they can’t figure out how they’re going to deal with the corruption that exists within the system.”

“They’re not bad folks, folks… They’re not competition for us,” he then added dismissively.

The comments were met with sharp rebuke from President Trump and other top Republicans. The president’s eldest son, Donald Trump Jr., pointed out that Hunter Biden cut business deals with a Chinese bank with strong ties to Beijing’s communist party. Such revelation was detailed in New York Times best-selling author and Breitbart News senior contributor Peter Schweizer’s book Secret Empires, which outlined how Hunter Biden’s private equity firm secured $1.5 billion from the state-owned Bank of China while his father was vice president.

In June, Biden seemingly flip-flopped on his comments about China by expressing worry about the country’s technological advancements.

“You bet I’m worried about China—if we keep following Trump’s path,” the former vice president said. “While Trump is tweeting, China is making massive investments in technologies of the future.”

“While Trump is attacking our friends, China is pressing its advantage all over the world,” he added.

Biden’s latest remarks also come as Schweizer’s new bombshell book, Profiles in Corruption: Abuse of Power by America’s Progressive Elite, reveals that Hunter Biden and several of his business associates share ties with Burnham Financial Group — an entity used to cut deals with Chinese firms and oligarchs.

Breitbart News previously reported:

Burnham had business deals with two mysterious Chinese companies — Kirin Global Enterprises Limited and Harvest Global Investors, according to the book.

Kirin Global Enterprise Limited was an investment vehicle run by Xiangyao (or Yaojun) “Larry” Liu and Guo Jianfeng, according to Schweizer. “Very little is known about Kirin or its two principals, other than the fact that they invest heavily in mainland Chinese real estate,” he writes. Harvest Global Investors was a Chinese investment firm linked to the government in Beijing.

Burnham also had a financial relationship with Russian Oligarch Yelena Baturina, a billionaire with extensive political connections in Moscow and links to Russian organized crime, according to Schweizer. Archer said Baturina invested $200 million into “various investment funds” with which he was involved.

Biden’s stance on China stands in stark contrast to President Trump’s position toward Beijing. A key promise of the president’s economic agenda is to reverse the Asian country’s unfair trade practices — a pledge which continues to materialize with last week’s signing of the phase one trade agreement. As part of the deal, China agreed to purchase additional U.S. products, while President Trump agreed to roll back several tariffs imposed on Chinese imports.