SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // Biden demands immediate Israel ceasefire
Page 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 628
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // Biden demands immediate Israel ceasefire Login/Join 
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
https://www.politico.com/news/...aine-look-bad-076851

Joe Biden:

"That is criminal."

Cliff’s notes version.

Posts: 3147 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
If he gets the nomination how long will it be before you think he challenges Trump to a push up contest?

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kramden:
If he gets the nomination how long will it be before you think he challenges Trump to a push up contest?

Or a "best legs" contest.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10923 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by divil:
quote:
https://www.politico.com/news/...aine-look-bad-076851

Joe Biden:

"That is criminal."

Cliff’s notes version.

Joe Biden: He knows more than you.

Btw, how the hell are people letting slip the fact that he said an 83 year old is too old to vote for him?

Out of all the things people get offended at, that is straight up fucked up.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/2020...rk-despite-evidence/

Former Secretary of State John Kerry claimed ignorance of Hunter Biden’s work with Burisma Holdings, a Ukrainian natural gas conglomerate, on Sunday—despite evidence to the contrary from Obama administration officials and even his own stepson.

Kerry, who recently endorsed Joe Biden’s White House bid, was asked about the topic while campaigning with the former vice president in New Hampshire. In particular, Kerry was questioned if he knew about the younger Biden’s decision to join Burisma’s board of directors in 2014 and if he was “comfortable with the arrangement” as secretary of state.

“I had no knowledge about any of that, none,” Kerry told reporters. “No.”

When pressed, Kerry doubled down on the claim, going as far as to say he still knew nothing about the company, even though its at the center of the impeachment inquiry into President Donald Trump.

“What would I know about any—no. Why would I know about any company or any individual,” the former secretary of state asserted. “The answer is no. No communication, no nothing. I don’t know who they are. I don’t know what they were doing to this day, actually.”

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The "I know nothing" defense

Posts: 19572 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
quote:
John Kerry claimed ignorance

That should be the headline. Then it would be true.

He expects his lemmings to swallow that load of horseshit? They don't know about or see any of the corruption going on around them. But seem to know everything about, and have opinions of impeachment, about a confidential phone call between President Trump and Ukraine. What a sack of lying corrupt shit and useless waste of oxygen John F'n Kerry is.

A quick search of the SOS role. Now how do you have this title and NOT know what is going on in plain sight. How does your ambassador to Ukraine know and you don't? Well you could just be a useless clueless bumbling idiot like J F'n Kerry.

The Secretary of State, appointed by the President with the advice and consent of the Senate, is the President's chief foreign affairs adviser. The Secretary carries out the President's foreign policies through the State Department, which includes the Foreign Service, Civil Service, and U.S. Agency for International Development.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
It’s true that Kerry is an ignorant ass, but for him not to be aware of the Biden larva’s involvement is hardly credible. He’s a tool of the left so to assume he’s lying is the first instinct. I’d love to see some FOIA’d document surface that proved he knew. Kerry’s another one that could drop dead for all I care.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15575 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Biden Blames Staff For Not Flagging Burisma Concerns; Says We Should Just Trust Hunter And Not Investigate

Joe Biden has thrown his former staff under the bus for not informing him of the multiple red flags raised over his son Hunter's employment with Ukraine's Burisma. He also claims he had no idea Hunter was hired to sit on the gas company's board of directors until after the fact.

"Nobody warned me about a potential conflict of interest. Nobody warned me about that. And at the same time —," said Biden, sitting down with NPR's Rachel Martin.

Then in an interview with Axios, Biden claimed that he knew nothing of Hunter's board position until after the fact, none of it is suspicious, and we shouldn't investigate because he trusts Hunter.

Mollie ✔
@MZHemingway

"Vote for me. I trust Hunter Biden's decision making skills." is not QUITE the winning slogan some might have imagined.

https://www.zerohedge.com/poli...trust-hunter-and-not

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24109 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5737 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/poli...isma-chinese-entity/

Report: Hunter Biden’s Baby Mother Demands Income Disclosure for Burisma and ‘Chinese Entity’

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Biden is a really big fish in the swamp. Obama is even bigger.....

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8354 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
Biden Blames Staff For Not Flagging Burisma Concerns; Says We Should Just Trust Hunter And Not Investigate

Joe Biden has thrown his former staff under the bus for not informing him of the multiple red flags raised over his son Hunter's employment with Ukraine's Burisma. He also claims he had no idea Hunter was hired to sit on the gas company's board of directors until after the fact.

"Nobody warned me about a potential conflict of interest. Nobody warned me about that. And at the same time —," said Biden, sitting down with NPR's Rachel Martin.

Then in an interview with Axios, Biden claimed that he knew nothing of Hunter's board position until after the fact, none of it is suspicious, and we shouldn't investigate because he trusts Hunter.

Mollie ✔
@MZHemingway

"Vote for me. I trust Hunter Biden's decision making skills." is not QUITE the winning slogan some might have imagined.

https://www.zerohedge.com/poli...trust-hunter-and-not

First politician to claim stupidity as a defense, and all conclude, "yep, he's that dumb"

Posts: 7453 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
It doesn't matter that Joe Biden's brain isn't firing on all cylinders. He's "likeable," and that's enough to make him the top Democrat candidate.

Never mind the issues (economy, health care, national security, energy, etc.). Dems vote their emotions and nothing else.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Good lord, Biden is a fool and dishonest pos of the highest order. If the dems are dumb enough to trot him out as their candidate, Trump will mop the stage with him. On every level, on every topic, in every venue. Don’t investigate his crooked son because “he trusts him”? I cannot wait to hear what the stripper means about the “Chinese entity”.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15575 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Biden Quietly Telling Aides He'd Only Serve One Term

Joe Biden may regularly forget what state he's in, or what college he went to, or how long Donald Trump has been in office - but don't worry; the man whose finger would be on the button is privately telling people he'd only serve one term.

According to Politico, the 77-year-old Biden has 'quietly' signaled to aides that he would not seek reelection at the end of his first term, according to four people who regularly talk to Biden and spoke on condition of anonymity - calling the prospect of Biden running in 2024 as the first octogenarian president 'virtually inconceivable.'

"If Biden is elected, he’s going to be 82 years old in four years and he won’t be running for reelection," said one prominent adviser to the campaign.

https://www.zerohedge.com/poli...-only-serve-one-term

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24109 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Revealed: Hunter Biden 'possession of a controlled substance' charge kept under wraps while father spearheaded drug war from Senate

https://www.washingtonexaminer...drug-war-from-senate

Joe Biden’s son Hunter was arrested on Jersey Shore drug charges in 1988 and had his record expunged at a time when his father was pushing for the incarceration of drug offenders drawn disproportionately from minority groups.

Congressional records reveal that Hunter Biden, now 49, was arrested in Stone Harbor, New Jersey, where the Biden family has often holidayed over the years, in June 1988. Hunter Biden, then 18, had just graduated from the prestigious Archmere Academy prep school, which his father had also attended. The former vice president and his wife Jill have often been spotted on trips to Stone Harbor.

The arrest has not previously been reported. Republicans have recently highlighted Hunter Biden's drug abuse, questioning why it was not taken into account when the lobbyist was appointed to a $50,000-a-month post on the board of the Ukraine oil company Burisma in 2014, when his father, as vice president, was the Obama administration's lead official on Ukraine.

A year after the arrest, Joe Biden gave a speech in which he said the federal government needed to “hold every drug user accountable" because, "If there were no drug users, there would be no appetite for drugs, there would be no market for them." He neglected to mention the drug use in his own family.

At the time, Sen. Joe Biden of Delaware was one of the leading advocates of the federal government’s war on drugs. He abandoned his 1988 presidential run, in which he stressed his law-and-order credentials, after a plagiarism scandal. He crafted the Anti-Drug Abuse Act of 1986, which imposed significantly harsher sentences for possession of crack cocaine versus powder, a law that critics argue increased the racial disparity in prisons. He also wrote bills leading to the appointment of a national drug czar and increasing mandatory minimum sentences for drug crimes.

It is not known whether Biden, then an influential senator from a neighboring state and who was widely viewed as a potential future president, intervened in the case or whether the family name was influential.

Five months after his son escaped a sentence and had his possession charge kept secret, Biden voted for the Anti-Drug Abuse Act of 1988, which made crack cocaine, often used by poor, black offenders, the only drug with a mandatory minimum penalty for a first offense of simple possession.

But while many minorities were imprisoned for minor drug offenses, the wealthy, white Hunter Biden was allowed to participate in a state diversionary program called pretrial intervention. The program allowed first offenders to “avoid a trial and having the stigma accompanying a guilty verdict,” according to the Rubinstein Law Firm in New Jersey.

The aim of the program was to give offenders the chance to correct their behavior and embark on a successful course in life. Critics, however, argue that it can be treated as a way to be let off and, by removing an offense from a person's record, fails to make offenders account publicly for a crime. In Hunter Biden's case, rather than reforming, he continued to be a substance abuser and addict.

Hunter Biden's arrest is contained in disclosures he made as part of his nomination to the Amtrak Reform Board. “In June 1988, I was cited for possession of a controlled substance in Stone Harbor, New Jersey. There was a pretrial intervention, and the record was expunged,” Hunter Biden acknowledged during a 2006 hearing before the Senate Committee on Science, Commerce, and Transportation on his nomination. He did not identify the controlled substance.

The Stone Harbor Police Department told the Washington Examiner that it was unable to locate the arrest report, though the department has maintained records from that time. The 1988 arrest appears to be the same drug-related incident for which Hunter Biden received a waiver when he joined the U.S. Navy Reserve in 2013.

Offenders in the New Jersey program were often required to complete community service hours and undergo substance abuse evaluation or treatment. They were sometimes placed on probation but after completing the program were allowed to apply to expunge their criminal record.

Joe Biden has frequently come under fire from liberal groups and criminal justice reform advocates for his history on pushing tough drug laws. Between 1984 and 1990, Biden introduced dozens of pieces of legislation related to drug enforcement.

In 1984, he helped usher in the Comprehensive Control Act, which allowed law enforcement officials to seize property suspected of being used to carry out drug-related crimes. The Anti-Drug Abuse Act of 1986 imposed a 100-to-1 sentencing disparity for possession of crack cocaine as opposed to powder cocaine.

In 1987, he introduced the National Narcotics Leadership Act to establish “a Cabinet-level Office of the Director of National Drug Control Policy to coordinate Federal operations and policy on drug control and abuse.” In 1989, Biden sponsored legislation to ban the sale of firearms to individuals with “serious misdemeanor drug or narcotic offenses.”

In 1990, Biden introduced a bill to make prior drug convictions “grounds for denying employment or for dismissal of an employee engaged in specified child care services” and for federal jobs. The bill also restricted bail for convicted drug offenders awaiting sentencing if their crime carried a maximum of a 10-year prison sentence. It required individuals to pass a mandatory drug test before being sentenced to parole, probation, or supervised release, and it established federal “military-style boot camp-style prisons” for prisoners under 25 years old who were found guilty of possession of controlled substances.

During the early 1990s, Biden spoke out publicly in support of the drug crackdown led by President George H.W. Bush.

Hunter Biden has spoken about his lifelong struggle with substance abuse. He was discharged from the U.S. Navy in 2013 after testing positive for cocaine.

A 2016 police report said that Hunter Biden returned a rental car in Arizona that contained a cocaine pipe. In addition to “a small white and brown pipe approximately 3-4 inches long,” an officer also found “a small ziplock bag with a white powdery substance inside all sitting on the passenger seat.” A man who identified himself as Joseph McGee called Hertz the next morning to tell the company where the keys were left, saying “his friend was feeling sick, so they didn’t know what to do.”

Despite his admitted drug abuse spanning decades, he has never been charged with an offense in the 31 years since the 1988 incident.

Joe Biden’s daughter Ashley, now 38, was arrested for marijuana possession at age 17. Those charges were dropped by the prosecutor.

Posts: 12681 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
They named her person of the year? Are you freaking kidding me? Who was runner up, baby Yoda?

Posts: 10938 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
They named her person of the year? Are you freaking kidding me?

Just like many social awards, they have become useless, meaningless trinkets. The left have ruined them to promote various agendas.

If it were to become useful to the left, they would give a Peace Prize to Saddam Hussein.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
They named her person of the year? Are you freaking kidding me?

I keep reading this stuff, so I took a couple of minutes to research Time magazine’s “Person of the Year” thing. This is what Wikipedia has to say about it, and the definition is exactly how I’ve understood the designation ever since I first heard of it decades ago:

“Person of the Year (called Man of the Year or Woman of the Year until 1999) is an annual issue of the United States news magazine Time that features and profiles a person, a group, an idea, or an object that ‘for better or for worse... has done the most to influence the events of the year.’”

Was it appropriate to designate Hitler Man of the Year when the magazine did? By the above definition, absolutely. Anyone who knows the tiniest bit about world history in 1938 understands that he had several European countries, and especially France and the UK, dancing like marionettes on strings with his threats and demands. Hitler did the most to influence events for several years during that era, and being singled out for special coverage was hardly surprising.

The designation is not an “award,” it is simply a marketing method of attracting attention to the product, i.e., the news reporting periodical. In that regard, it’s hardly unique to Time magazine. Two of the periodicals I subscribe to, the science journal Nature, and The Wall Street Journal, do the same thing all the time. If Nature decides to make diabetes the special focus, the magazine will include a series of in-depth articles on just that disease in addition to everything else it normally publishes. The purpose is to attract the attention of people who are interested in diabetes, and of course, to hopefully convince a few more of them to subscribe to the journal. It’s not to say, “Hey, look at what a fine thing it is to have diabetes.”

Is the kid who was designated the Person of the Year this time really the one who influenced events of the year the most? We might dispute that (I do), but that’s a marketing judgment call by the people who are trying to sell more magazines, nothing more.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post