SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // Biden demands immediate Israel ceasefire
Page 1 ... 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 ... 628
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // Biden demands immediate Israel ceasefire Login/Join 
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
What was that, a crowd of three cheering Biden's arrival?

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29695 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Romney's done this before. He's just signaling that he's gonna be a canting bitch on confirmation votes and major policy votes where every Republican vote can count. You watch. He'll start smirking and hinting at how Trump and the GOP could make concessions to him, he'll get ignored, he'll play the sniveling twit and then go along or not depending on what his messed up guess is as to how he retains 'leverage' that he never actually had.

Frickin' neurotic-assed cockroach.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 12679 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Not sure if this link will work but love this smack down

https://www.facebook.com/86821...tid=8nmfGJ9gidyFP0yW

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
So I just saw a Biden ad that came up on youtube.

It made only two points about Biden.

His family died tragically...and he "overcame a stutter".

Yes, Joe Biden should get your vote for his heroic struggle...to overcome a stutter.

That was the entire content of the ad. No policy, no attack on Trump, nada. Just his family died and he used to talk poorly.

That's your ad, Joe?

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Biden fact checker:

https://www.politifact.com/fac...mp;speaker=joe-biden

Posts: 12679 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
The Biden fact checker:

https://www.politifact.com/fac...mp;speaker=joe-biden

A comic book would be a perfect Biden fact checker.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16693 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
There's a long, interesting article on Biden, the Kung Flu and campaigning from the New York Times. It's long enough to just provide the Cliff Notes version here, but definitely interesting enough to read.

Does Biden Need A Higher Gear? Some Democrats Think So
http://news.yahoo.com/does-bid...crats-121933107.html

The lowlights:

- Biden's strategy was apparently to be COVID-conscious so that people would see him as more responsible and, I guess, serious, than that mask-flouting Trump guy. As the Biden campaign sees it, Americans' lives have been up-ended by the Kung Flu so badly that they're desperate to vote for someone who seems more stable (in every sense of the word except, apparently, walking) than Trump.

- By extension, the center of Biden's strategy is (reportedly) to "make the race a referendum on Trump and his stewardship of the pandemic, a game plan that polls generally suggest is working".

- The campaign was "strapped for cash early on and has therefore been slow to organize on the ground in several battleground states.

- Dems in battleground states are freaking because the polls are tightening (just as they tend to do in every election as the election day itself draws closer). Said Dems think Biden's virtual campaign just isn't whipping up enough enthusiasm, so they want Biden to do more in-person events in their states. Said Dems are also independently going door to door and opening distribution centers for lawn signs - and claim to be seeing results.

- Their fear was exacerbated in August by Trump's pounding two messages: law and order, and the idea that Biden is functionally a stalking horse for the far left.

- Dems who are not in battleground states seem to feel perfectly satisfied with the way Biden's campaigning now. (I've ranted here before about the way Kung Flu Paranoia became a way of life and then a form of virtue signaling. Apparently the Dem Establishment thinks that's all actually working in Biden's favor rather than pissing people off?)

- Even if Biden does more personal appearances in battleground states, he isn't likely to stop following spacing requirements - which means no big, exciting rallies like Trump is having. So far Biden is making more of those appearances, but seems to be putting a lot more money into advertising than into get-out-the-vote efforts on the ground.

- Biden's promised to put more money into the ground campaign ("$100 million!") but so far no one's seen much of anything happen.

If this is what the friendly (to Biden) media is reporting, then I'm starting to see a campaign that's seriously adrift. My WAG? They're spending too much time listening to polls and people from states that Biden is pretty much certain to win, and there's no strong central leader in the campaign. Maybe I'm being too optimistic - anyone's guess is as good as mine - but swap the Biden campaign's faith that the Kung Flu will sweep Biden into the White House for the whole coronation atmosphere thing that permeated the Hillary Clinton campaign. Doesn't it kinda look like the Biden campaign is basically going to repeat the mistakes that Hillary Clinton's campaign made and hope they'll somehow get a different outcome?

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
They plan to cheat enough to win.

Posts: 1812 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:

It made only two points about Biden.

His family died tragically...and he "overcame a stutter".

Yes, Joe Biden should get your vote for his heroic struggle...to overcome a stutter.

That was the entire content of the ad. No policy, no attack on Trump, nada. Just his family died and he used to talk poorly.

That's your ad, Joe?
Here in west central WI, the La Crosse region, they've run a commercial with Biden talking about how he "couldn't imagine" his family not being covered by healthcare insurance when his wife and daughter were killed, and how he "couldn't imagine" if his son Beau had not been covered when he got brain cancer. Talk about a total non sequitur - why even bring it up, as they were, in fact, covered?! Joe never misses an opportunity to use his dead family members for political purposes, just as he did when he claimed a drunk driver killed his wife and daughter, an absolute lie.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: parabellum,

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5160 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG228:
They plan to cheat enough to win.
Stow that shit. How many times do I have to say I don't want to see that kind of defeatist crap on the pages of this forum?

Posts: 107574 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post

quote:
Biden is functionally a stalking horse for the far left.

Posts: 15891 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have a very particular
set of skills
posted Hide Post
Well, the first debate is scheduled for 11 days. (Sept. 29)

Wonder how long until ol' Sleepy goes full bunker to rest up or tries to come up with an excuse to not participate.

At this point, the latter is probably not a viable option and his handlers know it. If someone can't do a debate, how are they going to be considered fit enough to be Prez? And his handlers know this will be the exact question a whole lot of voters will consider.

His abysmal campaigning efforts are no doubt not going unnoticed by many intelligent moderates.

$.02 worth.

Boss

A real life Sisyphus...
"It's not the critic who counts..." TR
Exodus 23.2: Do not follow the crowd in doing wrong...
Despite some people's claims to the contrary, 5 lbs. is actually different than 12 lbs.
It's never simple/easy.

Posts: 4991 | Location: In the arena... | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Boss1:
Wonder how long until ol' Sleepy goes full bunker to rest up or tries to come up with an excuse to not participate.
This "he'll find an excuse to not participate" stuff has gotten very, very old. I'm not going to listen to this blind speculation for the next week and a half. Stop saying it.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...330086474#2330086474

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107574 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Joe Biden and Anderson Cooper slammed for scrapping social distancing as the cameras pull away

'When they think they've gone to commercial break, they get so close to each other that Biden is whispering in Cooper's ear'

Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden and CNN host Anderson Cooper were criticized on social media Thursday night, after viewers noticed that the two threw social distancing out the window as the cameras pulled away after carefully staying far apart during the nominee's town hall.
What are the details?

Pundit Steve Krakauer shared footage of the incident, tweeting, "Joe Biden and Anderson Cooper are making a point of social distancing during the CNN Town Hall while on the stage. But when they think they've gone to commercial break, they get so close to each other that Biden is whispering in Cooper's ear:"

Joe Biden and Anderson Cooper are making a point of social distancing during the CNN Town Hall while on the stage.… https://t.co/lqIYfFKmMW
— Steve Krakauer (@Steve Krakauer)1600391142.0

Sure enough, the clip shared by Krakauer shows that after Cooper signs off for a commercial break, the cameras pull back but continue to show Biden approaching Anderson and the host leaning over as Biden appears to whisper in his ear.

Neither of them were wearing masks, which is noteworthy since Biden has repeatedly vowed that his administration would impose a federal mask mandate as long as it is legal.

The town hall was held in a parking lot and 35 cars were allowed for the "drive-in" event. CNN reported that "CNN is following all of the local guidelines and restrictions put in place due to the coronavirus pandemic," according to the vice president of its special events team, "and everybody attending and working the town hall will have their temperatures taken and will answer screening questions."

The outlet noted that in Pennsylvania, where the event was held, "wearing masks when outside of the home is mandatory."
What was the reaction on social media?

But Twitter users noticed that Biden and Cooper did not appear to be following the rules.

Several people called both men "frauds" and re-upped the common accusation that CNN is "fake news."

One person tweeted, "They are so phony. It's sad that so many people are blind to it.."

Another asked, "Can you catch Covid if the cameras aren't rolling?"

Fox News' Pete Hegseth reacted to the footage, describing it as 'mask-mandate Joe whispering sweeting nothings to @andersoncooper."

Mask-mandate Joe whispering sweet nothings to @andersoncooper. Just didn’t know the cameras were still rolling... https://t.co/o9fPB1n5FH
— Pete Hegseth (@Pete Hegseth)1600390148.0

Some folks wondered exactly what the two were discussing.

Others said the moment reminded them of when CNN reporter Kaitlan Collins was caught on camera immediately removing her mask after a White House coronavirus briefing in May.

But there were those who came to Biden's and Cooper's defense, with one person tweeting, "They are both tested daily. They have to be in order to do their jobs effectively."

https://www.theblaze.com/news/...he-cameras-pull-away

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
Not sure if this link will work but love this smack down

https://www.facebook.com/86821...tid=8nmfGJ9gidyFP0yW
That was simply excellent! Smile

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Their hypocrisy shouldn't surprise anybody.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:

Every time I see a Joe Biden ad I ask myself one question.

"Is he running for school president?"

His promises remind me of some air-headed teenage girl making promises of more tater tots in your school lunches and longer recess if you elect me president.

Posts: 2486 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: March 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
So it turns out CBS took an image from a "Latinos for Trump" event in Miami, cropped out any Trump references and passed it off as a "Latinos for Biden" event:
[remainder snipped for brevity]

So it turns out that's fake news.

Yes, the image in question was used during coverage of the Biden Latino outreach thingy. And, yes: The chyon at the bottom of the screen read "Biden Pitches Crucial Latino Voters During Florida Campaign Stop.” But the snippet where that photo shows up had the voice-over talking about how Trump was cutting into the Dems' previous advantage among Latino voters. IOW: It was the exact opposite message of what the individual that originated it claimed it to be.

I found this out when I posted it to FB and FB flagged it. Did my own research. Yup: Fake news.

I could have known. The dominant media, besides their bias, are incompetent, but not quite so incompetent as to pass a photo rife with pro-Trump messages off as a pro-Biden rally photo.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry, but this made me LOL. Big Grin

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post